What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgot I had access to 360 through Kayo, had to go back to see the juicy bits.

Slobbo was absolutely RATTLED by Bevo calling him out face to face, even had to admit he doesn’t read other AFL media. Get off the bottle and into some articles.

Then a bit later after they went back to Scott, it took him 30 seconds to ask a 5 second question about Lobb. More arm movements in that 30 seconds than Cody Weightman has ever had in his AFL career.

The only thing I'm disappointed in that interview was that when Bevo said some of the things Cody is being called in the media is disgraceful, and Slobbo asked who or what is being said, Bevo should have said I'm referring to you, you're the one that called him a trapeze artist.

This is the best version of Bevo.
Think we are going play really good footy over the next month.
The nostrils flared. One of his own is unjustifiably under attack. He came out swinging, figuratively, but it possibly crossed Slobbo's mind as he sat uncomfortably close to him that figurative could transition to literal.

Bevo's keeping his boys close. There's something in the air and he can smell it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id imagine Robbo still really likes him. It was great tv. Some of the slack Robbo gets on here is way over the top.
It was great TV. And TBF to Robbo, he poked the bear in all likelihood knowing what would be coming back. Agree, I don't think Bevo and Robbo think any less of each other for the exchange and they've (Robbo and Gerard) always held him in high regard and been happy to say so.

But yeah, Bevo is back.

The Roos were clearly trying to make Weightman 'earn it' for most of the game. Misguided. I hope someone asks Bevo about it and Robbo's comments in this weeks presser. He will have Cody's back.
And he did! He certainly gave it to Robbo on AFL 360 and made him look like a dickhead. It was pretty uncomfortable when usually the coaches are all chummy with the hosts but I’m glad Bevo went at him like he did. Robbo is a moron

Id imagine Robbo still really likes him. It was great tv. Some of the slack Robbo gets on here is way over the top.
I think Robbo actually gave Bevo "venting space" tonight. Bevo wanted to go on the attack and Robbo gave him the lead to do so.

Dare I say a little bit self sacrificing of Robbo. Pretty sure Gerard was on board, too 🙂

Made Clarko look a bit whingey too, IMO.

What parallel universe have I been teleported to where I'm (briefly!) actually acknowledging and in full agreeance with the wannabe fireman?!

I mentioned it in the game day thread, but sitting there at Marvel on Saturday listening to how Weightman is in the heads of Norffff supporters, and obviously players and coach as well, is a lot of fun.

I'm concerned for the long term impact on Cody's health though, taking head high contact, but pushing the ball ahead of you rather than take possession, when running full pelt, knowing the spud chasing you is going to interfere physically and concede a free, is not 'milking', it's just smart footy.

Weightman certainly used theatrics in his early career, but that's gone, he puts his head over the ball whenever it's required, and is just a very good player. North defenders just aren't skilled enough to beat him outright, so are forced to infringe as their only resort.

Clarkson, Archer, etc can EAD.

Hopefully Weightman kicks a bigger bag in r23. With more goals from cleverly enticing oppo hacks to infringe against him. 👍
I’m going to this game to keep an eye on this 😊🐶🐶

Remove this Banner Ad

What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back