What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree with Kane but we have not seen the year on year improvements in Naughton's game that was expected.

Naughton isn’t pulling up trees or anything, but he was decent this year without being spectacular. Goal kicking has improved, his work rate is normally great for a tall forward. While he still has lots of room to improve, if our other forwards competed like he does we’d be a much better team.

Agree that his contract isn’t even the worst at our club. Whatever we’re paying English is significantly overs for his impact in big games, and there are likely a few established players on half-decent coin who aren’t providing much. At least Naughton is one of our first-picked guys on the teamsheet.

That whole list is Kornes nonsense. He’s just picked the longest deals without even knowing the dollars attached.

The two worst contracts in the AFL are the two by which Collingwood is paying for Adam Treloar and Brodie Grundy to play elsewhere.

I don't mind this from Kane even though I don't entirely agree.
Hopefully this forces Naughton to have a stronger off-season instead galavanting the states for 6 weeks.

Naughton made the Champion Data All Australian team this year and missed the middle chunk with a knee injury. His 2nd and 3rd efforts are great. He is a great teammate, no off field shenanigans. This is a good contract. Cornes is an anti Bulldog peanut. A shock jock as bad as Tom Morris and Sam McLure, all three are a cancer on the game, users.

He was disappointing in our final, not the Lone Ranger there though.
Not disagreeing with anything that you have said, just wanted to make a comment on a minor irritant on this forum that seems to be increasing ( plus I don’t want to spend another 3 days reading about SDK when I am sure he is not coming to the Dogs. )
The statement that Naughton had a bad game can stand on its own. If I write ( and I know you were not replying to a post of mine) “ Naughton had a bad game” that is what I mean. I am not meaning:-
1. Naughton had a bad game and he is the only one that did. Or
2. Naughton had a bad game and Cody Weightman didn’t. Or
3. Naughton had a bad game and he was the sole reason we lost. Or
4. Naughton had a bad game and Spangher coached brilliantly.

Too many posters seem to want to attribute thoughts to other posters that were never contained in original post. ( Again GJ79 I know you were not doing this) . I get some on here love to increase the heat level just for love of a vitriolic argument but not me.
End of general rant.

Last edited:
Not disagreeing with anything that you have said, just wanted to make a comment on a minor irritant on this forum that seems to be increasing ( plus I don’t want to spend another 3 days reading about SDK when I am sure he is not coming to the Dogs. )
The statement that Naughton had a bad game can stand on its own. If I write ( and I know you were not replying to a post of mine) “ Naughton had a bad game” that is what I mean. I am not meaning:-
1. Naughton had a bad game and he is the only one that did. Or
2. Naughton had a bad game and Cody Weightman didn’t. Or
3. Naughton had a bad game and he was the sole reason we lost. Or
4. Naughton had a bad game and Spangher coached brilliantly.

Too many posters seem to want to attribute thoughts to other posters that were never contained in original post. ( Again GJ79 I know you were not doing this) . I get some on here love to increase the heat level just for love of a vitriolic argument but not me.
End of general rant.

I only highlighted that as the post i quoted WAS specifically targeting Naughton. I wasn't intending to escalate anything by my response, just added it for broader context of my reply.

I get that you get that, just wanted to clarify for anyone else.
(Don't disagree with your post btw, all good, cheers.)

That whole list is Kornes nonsense. He’s just picked the longest deals without even knowing the dollars attached.

The two worst contracts in the AFL are the two by which Collingwood is paying for Adam Treloar and Brodie Grundy to play elsewhere.
Which also shows you what a "bad contract" actually means is also open to interpretation so Kane can just pick and choose what he means by "bad contract" if people were to question it.

The Treloar contract was obviously bad for the Pies because it got them into salary cap trouble. But in a vacuum, giving a player a 5y, 900k deal and that he would go on to be an All-Australian within that deal is obviously not a bad deal because All-Australians are worth that money and all clubs would pay that amount to get an All-Australian player.

Naughton did a power of work as a high linking tall forward and put the team's interests ahead of his own.

The way he played this year enabled the likes of Darcy, JUH and Weightman to play to their strengths and the relative success of those players is in part due to Naughton's selfless role.

He's worth every cent we pay him.

Cornes is an just another angertainer. His persona is built entirely around getting a rise out of people. It's transparent and boring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD.

It was bad enough when Cane was on the games two easily avoided backwaters of broadcasting SEN and 9.

His insufferable omnipresence is going to be annoying as **** now that he's being positioned at the top of the games free to air broadcasters shakeup of their on air talent. Its instructive as the media landscape devolves further into unaccountable gutter click-bait 'journalism' that in their infinite wisdom. Channel 7 have poached two of its worst partitioners in Cane and Caro over with big dollar contracts.

As somebody who has an incredible ability to see into the future. I predict that there will be an agenda leading program called Cane & Caro where like a couple of apes in the zoo they will spend an hour made up of idiotic hot takes like the one above and flinging shit at the screen. Content that all accredited journalists and the chattering classes of bigfooty and the wider community will gladly devour human centipede like until we can no longer discern the difference between shit and steak.

I think I'll move Kharkiv for the peace and quiet.

He used to go missing in big finals. I actually never rated him until his time at Geelong.
Sure, but by just about any measure coming 3rd in the Coleman in what in effect was his first full season is the definition of being a star.

Kane Cornes using Naughtons BnF placing as justification of the “2nd worst contract in the league”.

If the idiot did 5 mins of research he would have figured out Naughton was subbed early twice and missed 4 games with injury and was ranked the number one forward in the league halfway through the season.

Good buy Channel 7 👎

Kane Cornes using Naughtons BnF placing as justification of the “2nd worst contract in the league”.

If the idiot did 5 mins of research he would have figured out Naughton was subbed early twice and missed 4 games with injury and was ranked the number one forward in the league halfway through the season.

Good buy Channel 7 👎
And manage to not throw in Todd Marshall's through to 2029 and even when pressed on it still tried to back track "oh he had lots of offers at the time they had too" Kane you ****wit all these guys did

Remove this Banner Ad

What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back