Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have ?

Remove this Banner Ad

My unpopular opinion would be Leo Barry gave away too many free kicks (grateful for his mark) but he got caught trying to take the opposition on too much imo

Would not be in my top 5 Swans defenders this century
Who would you have ahead of him?

Richards and Bolton I think you could argue but no way Grundy was better than Leo. McCartin is good but not in the same level (yet). Who am I missing?

Smith is a lock for top 5 but not an apples for apples comparison. Lloyd would make top 5 if we are including all positions and that pretty much rounds out my 5

Bolton
Richards
Leo
Smith
Lloyd

Are we going key defenders or any defenders?

Heath Grundy is better than Leo Barry easily imo.

Grundy
Richards
Bolton
Malceski
Rampe

Five without thinking

That isn't to shit on Leo sorry 😂.

Who would you have ahead of him?

Richards and Bolton I think you could argue but no way Grundy was better than Leo. McCartin is good but not in the same level (yet). Who am I missing?

Smith is a lock for top 5 but not an apples for apples comparison. Lloyd would make top 5 if we are including all positions and that pretty much rounds out my 5

Bolton
Richards
Leo
Smith
Lloyd
I have the exact same five as the King.

Grundy, Bolton, Rampe, Richards, Malceski.

Grundy > Barry every day of the week for me.

And I'd have Nick Smith ahead of Barry too.

Jake Lloyd would make the cut too but I've never really considered him a 'defender', just someone who has played in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heath Grundy IMO was such an absolute gun. He'd have like one game a year where some spud would inexplicably kick like 5 goals on him but every other game you forgot he was even out there because his opponent would just go completely unsighted. To me that's the most important thing for a defender, even more than the flashy eye-catching stuff.

Heath Grundy IMO was such an absolute gun. He'd have like one game a year where some spud would inexplicably kick like 5 goals on him but every other game you forgot he was even out there because his opponent would just go completely unsighted. To me that's the most important thing for a defender, even more than the flashy eye-catching stuff.
2016 I thought he deserved an All Australian jacket. He had an absolute horrible game against Richmond (in that game) and unfortunately that's all everyone remembered. The rest of the season he shut down everyone he was put on and contributed so much drive out of the back half.

Meanwhile blokes like Rance had an average season but got carried into the AA

2016 I thought he deserved an All Australian jacket. He had an absolute horrible game against Richmond (in that game) and unfortunately that's all everyone remembered. The rest of the season he shut down everyone he was put on and contributed so much drive out of the back half.

Meanwhile blokes like Rance had an average season but got carried into the AA
For everyone on here's sake you do not want to get me started on that!

no problemo ... well, not with me ... there's a few posters, and one darn feisty mod, who might take umbrage

Oh Smith would be right up there for me if it's just anyone who played regularly in defence for Sydney since 2000.

no problemo ... well, not with me ... there's a few posters, and one darn feisty mod, who might take umbrage
The mods last administered Ticky009's sedative 6 hours ago so the King has about 6 hours left to delete his account and leave the country safely.

The mods last administered Ticky009's sedative 6 hours ago so the King has about 6 hours left to delete his account and leave the country safely.

How long until someone says I am not in the same country..

How long until someone says I am not in the same country..
Don't be so insecure. You know I'd never make fun of your home state like that. Tassie is a state just like the rest of them and pretty soon they'll have their own team with their own jumper

IMG_6184.jpeg

For everyone on here's sake you do not want to get me started on that!
Check out these 2017 stats comparing zero time AA Grundy vs Rance who got the nod for his 4th AA selection that year.

1720253971744.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back