whats bryce gibbs worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft picks are the most overrated commodity in football. Take a proven star over a speculative 18 year old any day.

No way, don't agree
Lot of variables including calibre of established player

Look at Dayne Beams & Christiensen, star player but draft picks needed to build up the squad too

He would be worth a first rd pick of a club challenging for a flag, a battling club rebuilding wouldn't want him as he has no on-field leadership qualities.

So that would be 10-18.

Similar to what the Saints received for Goddard when he left.

North may be interested if they think they need more outside class to push them over the edge.

Obviously, I think this thread is trying to establish what that would be.
I don't think they'd trade him.
If they did, it would be a late first rounder.
Soft, not quick, gets the ball and is a good user.
Proven player.

i wouldn't give a first round pick for him, but if pies can get pick 17 for wellingham then anythings possible..

If carlton can get pick 17 or lower take it and run..

Draft picks are the most overrated commodity in football. Take a proven star over a speculative 18 year old any day.

You are the one that gave him a higher value because he was a pick 1 though. Also the only thing he has proven is that he is often lazy and lacks intensity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was running the show I would offer him up for a first and second rounder to one of the top sides. So mid to lateish teens and pick around thirty. I would also pick up most of his wage so that the team who gets him can fit him in there salary cap or chase a free agent that may help get two alright picks for him

I think he is worth between pick 3 and 6. He is super underrated on the basis he is a #1 draft pick, any team would be thrilled to add him.
You are the one that gave him a higher value because he was a pick 1 though. Also the only thing he has proven is that he is often lazy and lacks intensity.

No I didn't. I said that people expect certain things of him simply because he was a number 1 pick, I am judging him on his performance so far which has been very impressive. Huge difference.

He didn't have the best game on Friday, but watch it again and you may have a different opinion, in no way was he lazy. And watch his games against Geelong and Hawthorn last year, he almost carried Carlton across the line.

Boat's sailed on this one I'm afraid.

I was of the view he'd was to be shopped around a few seasons ago during Ratten's time. This view was not well received by my fellow carlton fans.
Currency would have been at its highest considering the age factor, potential and the fact he looked and was performing ok in a side which appeared to be on the improve.

Now that he's in his mid-20's and not showing the type of leadership qualities expected in a struggling team, his value is not what it may have been.

Saying this, it's unlikely Gibbs will be part of a Carlton side which is challenging; the best long term option for Carlton is to trade him.

Hopefully for Bryce he ends up at a side close to a flag so he can experience finals and a potential flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

whats bryce gibbs worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back