What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously you don't know Belch at all. One of the best blokes to have round the club is a good leader on and off the field, and knows how to liven up the joint with a joke or two.

Now nick off and worry about your own club you dill pot.
greeman your spot on with everything your saying.
Dill pot ha ha you and belcher obviously like to do a bit of gardening uphill together. Shows what a twat he is by saying he could raise $40,000 . Unless he is running a speed lab their isnt a chance he could raise that sort of money, a club alone with a full committee working on it would struggle. Didnt he miss ten weeks with a broken fingernail? Heres a thought for you pole smoker to raise that $40 k how about you ask saunders,sharp, elliot,belcher and mcckenzie to play for free next year and see what they say. That will test out just how dedicated they are in seeing that gisborne stay a force in either league. Whilst your at it perhaps you could ask them to pay the twos players who have missed out on their entitlements, if they are so hellbent on getting things happening down their then they will agree to both of these things for the good of the club. Good luck belcher you hero your going to need it.

greeman your spot on with everything your saying.
Dill pot ha ha you and belcher obviously like to do a bit of gardening uphill together. Shows what a twat he is by saying he could raise $40,000 . Unless he is running a speed lab their isnt a chance he could raise that sort of money, a club alone with a full committee working on it would struggle. Didnt he miss ten weeks with a broken fingernail? Heres a thought for you pole smoker to raise that $40 k how about you ask saunders,sharp, elliot,belcher and mcckenzie to play for free next year and see what they say. That will test out just how dedicated they are in seeing that gisborne stay a force in either league. Whilst your at it perhaps you could ask them to pay the twos players who have missed out on their entitlements, if they are so hellbent on getting things happening down their then they will agree to both of these things for the good of the club. Good luck belcher you hero your going to need it.
Guy,s seems to me Gissy didn,t struggle to much financeally! when they were winning flags but as soon as the going gets a little bit hard their fair weather supporters seem to throw the towel in , they did finish 3rd at the end of the H&W so once the club unites again their not that far away, l know we cherish the rivalry thats built up over the last 10 years and respect them immensley as a footy team and would hate to see them leave , but what happens if their not successful in the BAL FL do they dispan , listen to your player,s and stay and fight your way back to the top , you would earn more respect then. GO THE DOGGIES IN THE G/F SENIORS &18,S:thumbsu:

Guy,s seems to me Gissy didn,t struggle to much financeally! when they were winning flags but as soon as the going gets a little bit hard their fair weather supporters seem to throw the towel in , they did finish 3rd at the end of the H&W so once the club unites again their not that far away, l know we cherish the rivalry thats built up over the last 10 years and respect them immensley as a footy team and would hate to see them leave , but what happens if their not successful in the BAL FL do they dispan , listen to your player,s and stay and fight your way back to the top , you would earn more respect then. GO THE DOGGIES IN THE G/F SENIORS &18,S:thumbsu:

I second that Square Pup. From a Sandhurst point of view, we'd like them to stay.

Grammer isn't one of your stronger points is it Square Dog. haha

I second that Square Pup. From a Sandhurst point of view, we'd like them to stay.
I agree Doc. Also from a Sandhurst point of view I was really pleased to see Keiran Nihill reappointed coach for next season. He has been a great servant of the club and is clearly respected by one and all at the dragons (and I would say opposition clubs). This will help keep existing players at the club and hopefully pick up one or two recruits. Without being silly I think the club is well positioned for a good season in 2010.

Tips for the weekend boys?

Seniors - South V Flat .....mmmm Flat to cause an upset going by recent form by 10pts...they love the QEO

Reserves - South V Flat ....south should bounce back

18's - South v Sandhurst.....South to win

Michelson = Coghlan to take it out

[/b][/u]

Hmmm seems as Ollie And Lukey Saunders might disagree according to the addy.

“One of the things said last night was a move to Ballarat would rekindle rivalries with the likes of (former RDFL clubs) Sunbury and Melton, but I wasn’t part of that with Gisborne back in those days. “We’ve now got our own rivalries now with the likes of Golden Square and Eaglehawk.”

Made you look a bit Silly hasn't it Kings Army.

A big Well done to these players, hopefully Gissy stay and continue to be strong.

Yeah and that is why 50 people turn up to the Graveyard to watch them play. Massive rivals. If Gis go and 1000 people are at Sunba V Gis then the comments will be justified.

The juniors from under 10's right through juniors will be playing against each other. You want really rivialries that is how it is done. A kid playing against Sunba for 7 years could not care less about running out and beating Eaglehawk when he is under 18. If Collingwood and Fremantle have a couple of years playing in finals against each other will not mean the rivilary is bigger than Collingwood V Carlton.

The GREENMAN has eyes and ears everywhere, true wasnt there but heard all if you read between the lines. Makes me sick to think a group of soon to be retired players are able to override the wishes of the committee they elected. And I hope all there could see through that bs that Drummy put fwd.......hes just being a politition....spinng bs.thats what he does for a living folks and he worked the Gis crowd perfectly........but there was no substance to anything he said..............it comes down to facts and figures......... and they cant be denyed. He spoke just like he would in parliment. Money folks is what makes clubs tick and Gis need it, crowds generate atmosphere and generate cash flow and Gis need that......less travel etc. This move is not for the current day players ,its done for the future of the club, for the Rookies who as a committee have backed the ballarat move, for local business to sponsor.better dollars and exposure for a Gis v Sun game than between a Gis V Sandhurst game. Put emotion aside......the current players are worried about there reputions..........boys you will always be BFL champions, but the next generation need the opportunities you had......and the clubs responsibilty is to PROVIDE THE BEST OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL GIS PLAYERS TO PLAY AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL POSSIBLE.....and that Ballarat VCFL dIV 1

Probably could name that source too GM.. you defiantly make some good points Drummy for sure laid the boots in where he could to BalFL but also raised some good points at the same time! BalFl came across very organised.. some big decisions to be made by all gissy people involved.. also great news to here from square dog and co that they would like gisborne to stay in BenFl despite them hating there guts!!

Probably could name that source too GM.. you defiantly make some good points Drummy for sure laid the boots in where he could to BalFL but also raised some good points at the same time! BalFl came across very organised.. some big decisions to be made by all gissy people involved.. also great news to here from square dog and co that they would like gisborne to stay in BenFl despite them hating there guts!!

Surprised to see the names of the players who want to stay in the BFL...and Anthoney Belcher.put in writing your ideas for raising the $40000, fine shooing of at the mouth...now put in action your words.....show the members your ideas for this extra money..........all the names that spoke up in staying in Bendigo......have never done anything for the clubv except put out there hand for there match payment (except Matt McKenzie he has tried)...and read Bendigos Proposel.what a joke.....having a tape sponsor to subsidise the league vosts.......what a joke.How could Gisborne throw away an opportunity for 1/12 ownership of a Leagues Club with pokies? And all the players that spoke up are finished anyway......all champions of the club and always will be.......but your times up.......Unless that group of players next season are the committee of the GFNC....then they should sit down and let those who they have elected make the decisions on the clubs behalf. How would G Love feel now..........embarrassed and hurt by the people he pays to play overriding his and his committees decision..........its called a mutiny and its a vote of no confidence in the committee. And Ty Elliot.....try coaching the club instead of getting involved in the politics.......if it were any other club you would be sacked..........

Surprised to see the names of the players who want to stay in the BFL...and Anthoney Belcher.put in writing your ideas for raising the $40000, fine shooing of at the mouth...now put in action your words.....show the members your ideas for this extra money..........all the names that spoke up in staying in Bendigo......have never done anything for the clubv except put out there hand for there match payment (except Matt McKenzie he has tried)...and read Bendigos Proposel.what a joke.....having a tape sponsor to subsidise the league vosts.......what a joke.How could Gisborne throw away an opportunity for 1/12 ownership of a Leagues Club with pokies? And all the players that spoke up are finished anyway......all champions of the club and always will be.......but your times up.......Unless that group of players next season are the committee of the GFNC....then they should sit down and let those who they have elected make the decisions on the clubs behalf. How would G Love feel now..........embarrassed and hurt by the people he pays to play overriding his and his committees decision..........its called a mutiny and its a vote of no confidence in the committee. And Ty Elliot.....try coaching the club instead of getting involved in the politics.......if it were any other club you would be sacked..........

Sounds like you blokes are tearing yourselves apart and if you aren't careful you won't have a club left in 10years time. Stop taking pot shots at each other, get together and work your shit out or the kids won't have a club to play for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a little confused by this process. The Gisborne committee has voted for the club to go to the Ballarat League but the players (senior at least) appear against it.

Does this issue now have to go to Gisborne Football Club members for a vote or is the decision to move made only by the committee in isolation?

(I realise Gisbourne still has to be cleared by the VCFL).

Can someone clarify this please.

Yeah and that is why 50 people turn up to the Graveyard to watch them play. Massive rivals. If Gis go and 1000 people are at Sunba V Gis then the comments will be justified.

The juniors from under 10's right through juniors will be playing against each other. You want really rivialries that is how it is done. A kid playing against Sunba for 7 years could not care less about running out and beating Eaglehawk when he is under 18. If Collingwood and Fremantle have a couple of years playing in finals against each other will not mean the rivilary is bigger than Collingwood V Carlton.

KA, Can you please stop referring to Sunbury as Sunba?

It is really annoying me!

Interesting Fact that since 1997, Every club(strathfieldsaye excluded) have played in a Grand Final except 1. Who can name the team?

can any one confirm if strath will re-appoint thier coaches i belive one is being sort after by a club as an assistant role in the riddell leauge??

I am a little confused by this process. The Gisborne committee has voted for the club to go to the Ballarat League but the players (senior at least) appear against it.

Does this issue now have to go to Gisborne Football Club members for a vote or is the decision to move made only by the committee in isolation?

For Gisborne to shift leagues the votes of the members are what count. Now the committee has endorsed the move but without the vote they cannot move. Now Gis do not have large member numbers. All players are members and if all the players vote to stay and all the members vote to go then it will be very close.

It looks more likely to stay now which is disappointing - would have loved Sunba ohhh Sunba V Gis next year - the return game was set for a night match at Sunba ohhh Sunba which would have been big as well. Sunba have just been handed 280k to get state of the art lighting.

Here, I hope is a clearer explanation of the situation: The Gisborne committee discussed the possibility of changing leagues. They voted on it which resulted in the committee making the recommendation that the club move leagues. The committee's decision was just that - a recommendation. It is now up to the members to have the final say which they will do next week.

And by the way, even though the committee made the recommendation to move does not mean that it was an unanimous vote. I've been led to believe that Pres - G Love wants to stay in BenFL so some uncharitable posters shouldn't bag players and long standing members for wanting to stay as well. I guess only time will tell.

I agree Doc. Also from a Sandhurst point of view I was really pleased to see Keiran Nihill reappointed coach for next season. He has been a great servant of the club and is clearly respected by one and all at the dragons (and I would say opposition clubs). This will help keep existing players at the club and hopefully pick up one or two recruits. Without being silly I think the club is well positioned for a good season in 2010.

From all reports in the Addy it could be a big day for Sandhurst on Sunday. Lee Coghlan could take out the double - rising star and the Michelsen.

Here, I hope is a clearer explanation of the situation: The Gisborne committee discussed the possibility of changing leagues. They voted on it which resulted in the committee making the recommendation that the club move leagues. The committee's decision was just that - a recommendation. It is now up to the members to have the final say which they will do next week.

And by the way, even though the committee made the recommendation to move does not mean that it was an unanimous vote. I've been led to believe that Pres - G Love wants to stay in BenFL so some uncharitable posters shouldn't bag players and long standing members for wanting to stay as well. I guess only time will tell.
If Gisborne do go I wish them well as they are a club I greatly respect.

However it is clear to me that Bendigo clubs and the Board clearly want them to say - note recent comments by Sandhurst and Golden Square supporters.

I can understand the logic behind the move to Ballarat - particularly with a number of clubs closer to Gisborne, but at the end of the day I think the standard in both competitions is pretty similar and success is only going to come from hard work (which the club has demonstated up to now). Moving to Ballarat in itself is not going to guarantee sucess. It is easy to see why members & players are divided as there are solid arguments for both competitions.

I will repeat earlier views I have expressed. That is:

1. If Gisborne do stay I think the Bendigo Board should go after Sunbury. All is fair in love and war and they certainly don't owe the Ballarat Board any favours after their attempt to lure Gisborne. Don't forget that was after North City was cleared back to the Ballarat League despite signing an agreement to say in the Bendigo League for 10 years. If Sunbury was in the Bendigo League I think Gisborne would lose interest in the Ballarat League.

2. If Gisborne is cleared the Board should go after Rochester as the same logic for Gisborne going to Ballarat (the number of clubs closer to it) applies to Rochester with SIX clubs just down the road. Imagine the crowd at a Rochester v Golden Square clash.

If Gisborne do go I wish them well as they are a club I greatly respect.

However it is clear to me that Bendigo clubs and the Board clearly want them to say - note recent comments by Sandhurst and Golden Square supporters.

I can understand the logic behind the move to Ballarat - particularly with a number of clubs closer to Gisborne, but at the end of the day I think the standard in both competitions is pretty similar and success is only going to come from hard work (which the club has demonstated up to now). Moving to Ballarat in itself is not going to guarantee sucess. It is easy to see why members & players are divided as there are solid arguments for both competitions.

I will repeat earlier views I have expressed. That is:

1. If Gisborne do stay I think the Bendigo Board should go after Sunbury. All is fair in love and war and they certainly don't owe the Ballarat Board any favours after their attempt to lure Gisborne. Don't forget that was after North City was cleared back to the Ballarat League despite signing an agreement to say in the Bendigo League for 10 years. If Sunbury was in the Bendigo League I think Gisborne would lose interest in the Ballarat League.

2. If Gisborne is cleared the Board should go after Rochester as the same logic for Gisborne going to Ballarat (the number of clubs closer to it) applies to Rochester with SIX clubs just down the road. Imagine the crowd at a Rochester v Golden Square clash.

Don't think rochy v square would pull a big crowd as rochy would win by 25 goals and wouldn't be much of a game

Well done to Lee Coughlan on winning the medal today. Ollie was stiff not to win it but ah thats the way it goes.

Good day that didn't drag on to much. Well done to the Bendigo FN league

Well done to Lee Coughlan on winning the medal today. Ollie was stiff not to win it but ah thats the way it goes.

Good day that didn't drag on to much. Well done to the Bendigo FN league

I thought it was exceptionally bad management to have the count on the same day as the junior grand finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back