What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jock Clark 2 said:
OH no, Cavey. All this talk through summer that the Flat might win more than one game in 2006, recruit asst. coach Dickens and experienced inter-league campaigner Salakowski and then 4 guys could disappear overnite.
I've got Phil Birchmore included in that figure of 4, by the way.
And all of them head to the Central Murray league.
Maybe we r back to the scenario of Flat winning one game for the season --- AGAIN.

Mate I will stick with the Flat no matter who is playing for them but yes it will be a HUGE blow to the club if it does happen. Wont worry too much until everything is official.

HJ32 said:
Gertman - these winky faces you keep producing have all the hallmarks of sarcasm..... care to elaborate??:confused:

Yeha they do have hallmarks of sarcasm... Just that there are a few gentleman in the NCFL that tend to go fishing at times at the end of year, just to bump up their own price a bit if u know what i mean...

I sure you can join the dots with my sarcasm...

yeah well there would be a few bendigo clubs who would be a bit peeved off I'd reckon if that was the case. I've got no doubt that the Borough have spoken with him seeing they've got Matt Gretgrix, and South would probably have had a crack to seeing that O'Bree is a former NCFL player.

HJ32 said:
yeah well there would be a few bendigo clubs who would be a bit peeved off I'd reckon if that was the case. I've got no doubt that the Borough have spoken with him seeing they've got Matt Gretgrix, and South would probably have had a crack to seeing that O'Bree is a former NCFL player.

HJ32 you seem to know a bit about the BFL. who will be the teams to beat and which players do you think will impress you this year for season 2006?

Wayne Weideman said:
HJ32 you seem to know a bit about the BFL. who will be the teams to beat and which players do you think will impress you this year for season 2006?

Weeds, hard to see South finishing out of the top 3. Pickups like Knight, Shiels, Sims, etc, etc, will mean that they will be hard to beat. Their 2's led by the formidable Troy Auld, will also be in good nick and after missing out on the big one last year. Could see this as their year in the BFL.

Square, Gisborne, and Eaglehawk to provide some stiff competition.
Sandhurst & North City (Ballarat) may be the dark horses, but would be surprised if Sandhurst finished top 4.

Weeds, what is the news on North City?

randallbone said:
Weeds, hard to see South finishing out of the top 3. Pickups like Knight, Shiels, Sims, etc, etc, will mean that they will be hard to beat. Their 2's led by the formidable Troy Auld, will also be in good nick and after missing out on the big one last year. Could see this as their year in the BFL.

Square, Gisborne, and Eaglehawk to provide some stiff competition.
Sandhurst & North City (Ballarat) may be the dark horses, but would be surprised if Sandhurst finished top 4.

Weeds, what is the news on North City?

word on the street is they must not be under estimated. they are just quietly going about there business away from the spotlight which is a good thing. signed some good players and people must remember that there is a while to go til kick off and there is some good players in and around ballarat that might like to try out the bfl for a bit of a change. they are fairly financial i am led to believe

if troy auld has taken on the job as the heatcote district football leagues publicity officer, is it fair to say he might not find the time to play at south????

nevillebartos14 said:
if troy auld has taken on the job as the heatcote district football leagues publicity officer, is it fair to say he might not find the time to play at south????

not sure mate but if he did want to coach, south would be stupid to stand in his way. did a very good job last year which nearly resulted in bringing the bacon home

ablett said:
i'd be suprise if hawkins goes to kerang concidering he was g.s training wednesday nite.

I just dug a bit deeper into this story and it seems as though the anderson boys, Dillon and Clayton are going back home to Cohuna with Hawkins.

Hawkins was ditched as assistant due to being based in Melbourne and it seems as though he wants an assistants position even though he wont be at training and cohuna may have offered that role to him.

He is trying to convince the Andersons to come with him. I'll keep you posted!

nevillebartos14 said:

What's happened to Wayne Fidler???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

norfolk, if your info is correct then 1 wood think coach darren walsh wont be a happy camper especially if its eventuated behind his back.
keep us updated bro.

Could someone please give me some information on a fella that used to play for south by the name of Luke Lowndes? Was this chap any good or what?

Norfolk & Clew said:
I just dug a bit deeper into this story and it seems as though the anderson boys, Dillon and Clayton are going back home to Cohuna with Hawkins.

Hawkins was ditched as assistant due to being based in Melbourne and it seems as though he wants an assistants position even though he wont be at training and cohuna may have offered that role to him.

He is trying to convince the Andersons to come with him. I'll keep you posted!

Dills has a suspected stress fracture in his leg....

just saw the pools in todays addy for the pre season comp. whats peoples opinion on the pools. rochy are in south and golden square and echuca are in sandhurst and maryborough

Whippet said:
Could someone please give me some information on a fella that used to play for south by the name of Luke Lowndes? Was this chap any good or what?

Whip, lowndes was a good player for south on the wing i think from memory, speedy little player also got a couple of goals each week about 5"9 i would say. currently in London were he has been residing for the past two years and has just signed on for another two through his employment, dating a french poodle so don't expect to see him in the GO region for a while.:D

ablett said:
norfolk, if your info is correct then 1 wood think coach darren walsh wont be a happy camper especially if its eventuated behind his back.
keep us updated bro.

I spoke to a mate who was at squares training this morning and neither anderson boys attended... think of this what you like:thumbsu:

Innaresting to hear of Lowndes-y's progress through 2004 and o5, Tilt. He was a speedy winger in his time at South, there's no doubt about it.

Weeds: the Lightning Comp. draw for April 1st published in 2day's Addy was writer Luke West's version of what he WOULD LIKE to see. It's not the BFL draw or anything like that.
For others who mite not have seen it, Westy divided the pools up like this -- Pool A: Kyneton, Gisborne and North City. Pool B: South, Rochie and the Square. Pool C: Eaglehawk, C'maine and the Flat. Pool D: M'boro, Sandhurst and Echuca.
When the official draw is finally released, the competing clubs will play 2 15-min. halves, with no time-on. Each club plays 2 pool games. The top club in each pool progresses through to the semis.

is it true that dillon has been looking for an out alot earlier than this. rumour has it he wanted to move last year, up north to albury to play with former team mate matt crocker, but couldnt find a job with his bank up there...

Jock Clark 2 said:
Innaresting to hear of Lowndes-y's progress through 2004 and o5, Tilt. He was a speedy winger in his time at South, there's no doubt about it.

Weeds: the Lightning Comp. draw for April 1st published in 2day's Addy was writer Luke West's version of what he WOULD LIKE to see. It's not the BFL draw or anything like that.
For others who mite not have seen it, Westy divided the pools up like this -- Pool A: Kyneton, Gisborne and North City. Pool B: South, Rochie and the Square. Pool C: Eaglehawk, C'maine and the Flat. Pool D: M'boro, Sandhurst and Echuca.
When the official draw is finally released, the competing clubs will play 2 15-min. halves, with no time-on. Each club plays 2 pool games. The top club in each pool progresses through to the semis.

yeah read over it properly after i wrote that post and found that out jock. sincere apoligies. what do you reckon of the way luke did it. the south, square and rochy clash would be an eye opener for many bfl fans i would think

Jock Clark 2 said:

Have heard from a reliable source within the bfl that :
POOL A will contain - GSq, Ehawk & Rochy
POOL B - KFlat, M'borough & South Bgo
POOLC - Kyneton, C'Maine & Echuca
POOL D - Gisbourne, S'Hurst & North City

and pools A & C, B & D will play off in semi
which means that South & Rochy can only meet if they make it to the final.

also word is there will be a BFL sprint prior to the start of the final

smellingsmoke said:
Have heard from a reliable source within the bfl that :
POOL A will contain - GSq, Ehawk & Rochy
POOL B - KFlat, M'borough & South Bgo
POOLC - Kyneton, C'Maine & Echuca
POOL D - Gisbourne, S'Hurst & North City

and pools A & C, B & D will play off in semi
which means that South & Rochy can only meet if they make it to the final.

also word is there will be a BFL sprint prior to the start of the final

well there you go. there would be a couple of blokes from south that would probably want to make that final againest rochy i would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back