Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I felt like last week was the loss we needed to have. I was wrong, THIS was the loss we needed to have.

Hope this sends the players crashing back to earth.

We're talented, and when we're on, we play a great brand of footy. But if the players don't take a good hard look at themselves and realise they need to work their butts off to get a win, they're going to keep dropping games against lesser opponents. And we can kiss the premiership goodbye.

There are other teams in the comp who will work harder than us, and if this is what we serve up then we're not even close to winning a flag.

Last edited:
Well I've always thought even going back to last year, I don't actually think we're an amazing pressure side. I think we're just a good pressure side with James Rowbottom in it. That's the most frustrating thing. We don't even need to bring ridiculous heat to be dominant. We don't have to blow up the pressure ratings. Just don't be completely shite in that area and everything else we have going for us takes care of itself. But that's now three games where we have been completely shite with our pressure. It won't win you many games, no matter who is in your line-up.

Teams target Rowbottom and Heeney physically at the moment.

Papley out on the full and Hayward slipping summed up the day.

If you're talking about the centre of the ground, he was tripped and should have had a free and the sloppy passage of play leading up to that moment was at fault.

I said at the moment he tried to take on the player, instead of immediately giving off, once he was in trouble that here’s comes a turnover. Turnover came.

Defend him all you want but his disposal is quite often late whilst his mind ticks over. He is a poor decision maker, not saying he’s a terrible player.

The problem is that he is the only one looking like taking the game on. Whenever we tried to slowly manufacture a shot we were rubbish. It’s only on transition we could move it today. They killed us in the air - McLean and amartey couldn’t catch anything
The amount of times McClean got up across hf or wing to take a mark then move with the speed of a turtle was infuriating. They folded back with ease all day. When we were prepared to go we scored.

Tom Mccartin is the worst field kick in the side, stop kicking full stop. Id rather Adams kicking

There isn't this magical thing anyone can say and go ohh that's right do that and we win 😂

Apart from Kick straight

Felt like Stkilda played with more freedom?
They were just better organised - probably better coached in the game. They had numbers at every contest and at the drop of the ball, they had spares running through the centre square and players out the back behind our last defender.

We just screwed it up whenever we came through he middle - even the papley oof shot was a result of us having spares through the middle and missing kicks and ultimately a high kick to the pocket.

They defended the corridor and made us have shots from the pockets, they came through the middle repeatedly.

Look it’s not the end of the world, but it’s just a performance ich reeks of arrogance.
There's been a few of them in the last 2 months. Previously we'd just seen opposing sides not keep up the effort long enough to capitalise / Sydney flick the switch. The biggest issue for me was the number of mistakes made due to a lack of care caused by, as you said, arrogance. Blind handballs resulting in turnovers in defensive positions when had a player just accepted the tackle it would have been a ball up. Playing on into pressure only to change direction a couple of steps later which is more detrimental to a side then had the player held on to the ball.

Richmond we reportedly had a virus knock the team about.

Freo we lost to a decent side who played well.

Today, we just played to the standard of that god awful pride jersey.

Put us back in the proper white with the red V & forget all the bloody “this week it’s {insert cause here} week”.

Grrrrrrrr.

Rant over.

For now.

North are a big chance, but I think we’ll probably win by like 20. Then I think we’ll fall of a cliff, winning only 2 more games to finish on 16-7. This might get us first this season, but could easily be second. Out of the finals in 2 games.
Glass empty much lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was inevitable we would drop a few games. Over the course of a long season, it was always going to be impossible to maintain the intensity and I wouldn't be surprised if we drop more.

Mediocre form?? Didn't he have 3 weeks of 30+ disposals and multiple goals.

He can do a job up forward for us IMO and spells in the middle. If our 3 big forwards aren't doing much to earn their spots then putting Parker and Hamling up there for Mclean and Amartey might provide a different look and motivate those two to get it going.
Yes, mediocre. For someone of Parker's calibre, sure he was getting touches, but he wasn't exactly punishing the opposition. If he's fit and Heeney (who needs a rest) can't do a job up forward because he's suspended, then he's probably the next best medium forward option.

I'm not sure we're dropping McLean AND Amartey, both our backup rucks, when Grundy is struggling too. I'd probably bring Hamling in for Amartey, but you need McLean to stay, and we probably have Logan in a few ruck contests too.

Mediocre form?? Didn't he have 3 weeks of 30+ disposals and multiple goals.

He can do a job up forward for us IMO and spells in the middle. If our 3 big forwards aren't doing much to earn their spots then putting Parker and Hamling up there for Mclean and Amartey might provide a different look and motivate those two to get it going.

Watch the games, Parker looked slow at VFL level, got some touches because he is miles ahead footy brain wise than those he was playing, but he needs a run in the twos for form and fitness after 6 weeks

Would I swap Warner for any other player in the game ? No way known but he needs a ****ing rocket and understand there is a time to take the opposition on and do his little goose step thing but there is also a time when you take the best option which the majority of the time is the first option. He needs to understand that he is playing a professional sport at the highest level where the number 1 intent coached into every player in the comp is ****ing pressure!!!!!! They will not let you continually waltz past them. Play with flair by all means but don’t shit on your team mates by showboating like a Harlem Globetrotter. You’re good kid but you are a long way from unstoppable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back