Autopsy 2 point loss vs the Lions!

Remove this Banner Ad

In my experience, a knee injury that requires a brace for two weeks isn't a short term thing. Even if he somehow gets himself ready for the finals, surely it will be too big a risk to play him.

Rampe was out for ages the last time he injured a calf. Papley couldn't put any weight on the ankle. That's usually a bad sign.

We beat all those teams quite a while ago. I haven't seen any sign of that form being about to return. We've looked really average the last month. North Melbourne gave us a reprieve through being so shit, but otherwise it just hasn't been good enough.
Pessimistic? You're starting to sound like Tedeski. He's not so much "glass half empty" but "Which bastard drank my friggin' milk?", an accusing glare fixed on the milk smeared whiskers of the family cat, a shattering of glass on the end of the kitchen bench and a panicked miaow as the cat dives through an open window to narrowly avoid being glassed"

ps. I realise some fans may harbour a fondness for pussies, so I've elected not to state which floor the cat jumps from.

Florent needs to be dropped. What’s with defenders dragging the ball in and being caught holding the ball? The only situation when it’s warranted is if you’re outnumbered or milking the clock. He just let the lions get an easy goal. Poor skills and poor IQ.
Defenders are often pilloried as their mistakes are the most visible and often directly costly. On the flip side, their success usually just sets up a midfielder or forward.

Florent has a long record of skilled and courageous play under pressure. Such players don't suddenly lose their skills. Besides, if we dumped every player who ever had a bad patch we'd be left with little cohesion among the playing group.

I prefer to trust that anything that might be affecting Florent will be something he can work through. His best more than outweighs his worst. He and Gulden led the clangers this time but Florent gained more metres than any other Swan. Florent (and McCartin) led our rebound 50s. Ollie racked up 22 disposals at 77% efficiency. I see a lot of positives to balance any negatives

Watched again, Melicans game so under rated. He was tough in rue contest and completely shut Hipwood down.

I’d love to see Mills back in next week and I know he’s injured and forgotten but I’m telling to Sheldrick would make a huge difference if he can get run on.

Would like to see Warner play some more as that deep forward roll, with no papery he gives that X factor we lose with no Paps.

Imagine if Corey Warner ends up as good as the Chad. I’m at full mast at the thought.

For all the Hype around the league about the big 3 in heeney warner and errol, at least one of these close losses should have been turned around by one of them making a big play.

It's all well and good chasing 1 million plus deals, at some stage you have to be the difference in turning a loss to a win

In my experience, a knee injury that requires a brace for two weeks isn't a short term thing. Even if he somehow gets himself ready for the finals, surely it will be too big a risk to play him.

Rampe was out for ages the last time he injured a calf. Papley couldn't put any weight on the ankle. That's usually a bad sign.

We beat all those teams quite a while ago. I haven't seen any sign of that form being about to return. We've looked really average the last month. North Melbourne gave us a reprieve through being so shit, but otherwise it just hasn't been good enough.
To me it looked like it’s a tibia break down low to the ankle.
Not good.

For all the Hype around the league about the big 3 in heeney warner and errol, at least one of these close losses should have been turned around by one of them making a big play.

It's all well and good chasing 1 million plus deals, at some stage you have to be the difference in turning a loss to a win
Like Bont or Daicos do in 1 quarter bursts.

It's as clear as day that Heeney is playing injured. He was limping and lacked that explosiveness he had earlier in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carrying niggles doesn't cut it for me. Every player has niggles. It's different if you pick up an in game injury like hayward yesterday and try to play through it.

But some players always seem to be carrying a niggle after a poor performance. If your picked to play , your fit. You've done the required training, the match committee has seen you all week, the player knows how they've been feeling all week. No excuses

If a player on a big deal can't continually make it through a season, give some money back. No good going to water in the latter stages of the season every single year.

Watched the last quarter again and really all Grundy had to freaking do is punch the ball to the line. Grundy is camped right where the ball will land for an eternity, but because he goes for the mark the Brisbane forward gets a hand in, it spills to the only player still on their feet in ah chee, goal.

Just woeful game sense with 3 minutes left

Why are we focused purely on the losses? Like I said Brisbane got over a crippled Swans at home by 2 but they are this scary team?

But yeah ok we lost to Stkilda and Richmond. We also beat Carlton, Fremantle in perth, Geelong, GWS twice , Melbourne , Collingwood both fit at the time, Essendon, etc etc So why do we ignore all that?

Also why are we extra glum on the injuries?

You have effectively rubbed Rampe Papley and Mcinnerney out for 11 weeks each? Seems unlikely?

You can feel how you want about the loss don't get me wrong. Maybe we will fall to
shit but there is more evidence we are ok here.
In life, there are glass-half-full types, and there are glass-half-empty types. And nowhere do we see that in more sharp relief than on the Swans BF board when we’re two game clear on the top of the ladder with a gigantic percentage, we’ve beaten more top 8 teams than any other club in the top 8, and now we’ve lost 3 of our last 4 and suffered some injuries.

In life, there are glass-half-full types, and there are glass-half-empty types. And nowhere do we see that in more sharp relief than on the Swans BF board when we’re two game clear on the top of the ladder with a gigantic percentage, we’ve beaten more top 8 teams than any other club in the top 8, and now we’ve lost 3 of our last 4 and suffered some injuries.

Yep rest players... then when they are forced to rest , "Oh no we can't possibly win"

All these close losses arnt acceptable. To lose close ones it means you are making costly errors late in game.
Another possibility is it means that despite our perplexing slow starts (and I’m sure if we knew the answer to that we would have implemented it) we are unthrashable.

Slow starts reminds me too much of Slow Horses - without the witty dialogue.

Ffs - we are better than this and should be able to find a way out of it.

Another possibility is it means that despite our perplexing slow starts (and I’m sure if we knew the answer to that we would have implemented it) we are unthrashable.

Yep even with two key guys out, one barely moving and a few sore we still almost beat a so called flag contender at home.

Should have won really.

All these close losses arnt acceptable. To lose close ones it means you are making costly errors late in game. It's becoming a habbit
It doesn’t always equate to mistakes late in games. It can come down to not putting enough gap between you and opposition when you are dominating during games when opportunities are constantly presenting. Against quality opposition momentum swings are always going to happen and if they take their chances in these circumstances you will inevitably get the result we did yesterday. Injuries aside it is a common theme.

Last edited:
All these close losses arnt acceptable. To lose close ones it means you are making costly errors late in game. It's becoming a habbit

Yesterdays error was players dropping like flies and the umpire not calling front on contact .

The injuries are the concern and not the margin yesterday.

The other close losses were more annoying than this one .

We just need to get back to winning the next 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2 point loss vs the Lions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back