Autopsy 2 point loss vs the Lions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Me too. The teams with two or more reeeeally tall forwards are the ones that worry me the most but Melican and McCartin coped admirably yesterday even without the guidance of Rampe for half the game. Even those three early goals from Daniher weren’t from being out marked where it mattered. (Or not all were.)

If we’d coped better with Andrews’s aerial domination we’d have won that game comfortably I suspect.
I thought McCartin and Melican were superb yesterday - played really well. Hopefully Fox can slot in and play the Rampe role okay, and we can focus more on solving some of the other more pressing needs in other parts of the ground.

Me too. The teams with two or more reeeeally tall forwards are the ones that worry me the most but Melican and McCartin coped admirably yesterday even without the guidance of Rampe for half the game. Even those three early goals from Daniher weren’t from being out marked where it mattered. (Or not all were.)

If we’d coped better with Andrews’s aerial domination we’d have won that game comfortably I suspect.
We kicked it to/near Andrews far too often. Need someone to run off him and present a target. Not good tactics.

I thought that was a curious match up to say the least. Andrews dominating and Big O getting on top of Grundy in the last, we're the difference.
The only bloke strong enough or fast enough to compete with Andrews is Amartey. Problem is Andrews will play away from Amartey who then has to chase him around. Doubt he has the aerobic capacity to do that.
IMO the only solution is to kick the ball where Andrews ISN'T. Takes organisation and patience and good leading.

The only bloke strong enough or fast enough to compete with Andrews is Amartey. Problem is Andrews will play away from Amartey who then has to chase him around. Doubt he has the aerobic capacity to do that.
IMO the only solution is to kick the ball where Andrews ISN'T. Takes organisation and patience and good leading.
But Mclean has done the job before. Or even Logan - he was doing bugger all anyway.

Lower your eyes, it's actually something that's got worse over the last 6 weeks or so. How we didn't see that lowering the eyes, keeping possesssion etc was the way to beat Brisbane...they literally want you to bomb it in

Just a small silver lining. If Brisbane can finish second and meet us in the grandfinal that's a massive win for us.

Lower your eyes, it's actually something that's got worse over the last 6 weeks or so. How we didn't see that lowering the eyes, keeping possesssion etc was the way to beat Brisbane...they literally want you to bomb it in
Especially when our best patch of the game saw us keeping the ball away from them and kicking accurate, low kicks around the park. For a period in the 2nd they barely touched it for about 10-15 minutes while we did that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not overly concerned with the way we're travelling. No team has beaten us by more than a goal, while we mostly beat other teams by big margins. Teams know there is no safe starting margin that we can't reel in. We're just going through the sort of road-bump that many teams hit when they're leading the field for so long. Our players need a refresh and as injuries creep in we've begun to test our depth. Thos recently promoted from the ressies have stepped up strongly into their roles, suggesting we have some quality reserves.

Ideally we'd prefer to be back on track and come home with a wet sail over the last month of the H&A season. But as long as we're settled again and winning again by the first final we'll be fine.

Joins my list of selectively blind umpires that somehow don't see the incident but see another incident that escapes the cameras entirely

ump 12 Pies

ump 22 Dogs

ump 25 North

ump 26 Brisbane

Watching Dogs in their last two games I was struck by how much their play begins to resemble 2016. They just keep dropping the ball when tackled and get away with it.

Hope Horse raises the umpiring before the game to put them on notice

Joins my list of selectively blind umpires that somehow don't see the incident but see another incident that escapes the cameras entirely

ump 12 Pies

ump 22 Dogs

ump 25 North

ump 26 Brisbane

Watching Dogs in their last two games I was struck by how much their play begins to resemble 2016. They just keep dropping the ball when tackled and get away with it.

Nice thought but it will do zero good. Law unto themselves.

ump 12 Pies

ump 22 Dogs

ump 25 North

ump 26 Brisbane

one of the very worst non-decisions ... not only a clear and obvious free kick, but a seriously dangerous act by hipwood

one of the very worst non-decisions ... not only a clear and obvious free kick, but a seriously dangerous act by hipwood
In the same class as sliding in feet first that broke Rohan's leg and the dive that ruined Hanners. At least equally dangerous to dumping someone headfirst in a tackle.
But it's so rare that they don't have a proper classification for it.
As many have said, the system, she is broke.

In the same class as sliding in feet first that broke Rohan's leg and the dive that ruined Hanners. At least equally dangerous to dumping someone headfirst in a tackle.
But it's so rare that they don't have a proper classification for it.
As many have said, the system, she is broke.
They do have a classification for it - rough conduct. Hipwood has been fined for the action under that classification. The fact that none of the umpires chose to pay a free kick is a separate matter.

ump 12 Pies

ump 22 Dogs

ump 25 North

ump 26 Brisbane

I'm telling you.. Fairytale Mach II is going to be all the rage if we don't snuff them out on Sunday. Don't care if it stuffs us up for the following month lol, just want to kill the hype.

They've never stopped the dropping the ball trick. We will know all the party tricks are out of the bag however when the American Football tunnelball special gets rolled out again - or maybe the cut the player in half below the knees trick.

Andrew’s should have been off the ground with concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2 point loss vs the Lions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back