Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not sure about all the negativity. Absolutely horrible loss..
I thought it was just one of those days. Every decision, bounce of the ball was just off. Definitely self inflicted and credit to saints but we could have easily won by ten goals. Issues from last week and this but we created so many chnces to score. Even with some of these issues with a bounce of the ball or two the other way we could be sitting here unbeaten .
Some of the issues from today eg Gulden ,Warner...on other days are the reason they are so good.
I actually think sometimes lately Warner has been trying too hard for the right( team) decision and it has ended up effecting the flow. Gulden was frustrating early.
Heeney had an almost day. Slipping over alot.
I agree with others he was being held onto all day. I think we lost it rather than saints winning it.
Hate to say it but i thought Reid looked good in the twos.
Hopefully we get some game time into Mills Parker Sheldrick.

Can't believe we were never beaten in the coalface or looked shit in close finishes when Parker played

Yep I trust him less than just about anyone on the list in big moments

I want Horse to go full Rocket Eade & start smashing phones.

The “AFL games are hard to win” monotone won’t cut it this week.

Rocket Eade certainly had success yelling at everyone 😂

Horse pointed out the obvious we moved away what got us the lead

Seriously if we lose the first quarter to North Melbourne next week, I’ll seriously lose my shit

If we win the game by 1 point i don't really give a ****

just win again

Out: McLean, Grundy (rested) Heeney (rested),
In: Hamling, Ladhams, Parker?/ Mills?

Sub: Heeney ? or Someone knocking on the door from the 2s.

Adams back into starting lineup. Ladhams can play against Xerri and giving him a run will be good for him in case we need him as injury cover later on.
Heeney will get a week for his hit on Webster

Won the inside 50s, won contested, won marks inside 50
less turnovers , more intercepts

27-19 scoring shots

did a lot right

Think what annoys me and is making me stew is that we were lazy ****s and should have won

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3.11! in the 2nd half under a roof!

terrible

If you win the metrics we won you usually win--- so wasteful and lazy

They had a lot of uncontested possies under 0 pressure - goals out the back

Out: McLean, Grundy (rested) Heeney (rested),
In: Hamling, Ladhams, Parker?/ Mills?

Sub: Heeney ? or Someone knocking on the door from the 2s.

Adams back into starting lineup. Ladhams can play against Xerri and giving him a run will be good for him in case we need him as injury cover later on.

We need a win why rest players?

Mclean out for Hamling who's never kicked an AFL goal?

The common denominator in all our losses so far this year is shit pressure.

It is everything

When we did pressure them we scored

Pressure feels like desire and work /effort- so how the **** do you fix that or that just the intangible thing where one side gets down and says **** it let's go for it , and it just becomes psychological ?

When we did pressure them we scored

Pressure feels like desire and work /effort- so how the ** do you fix that or that just the intangible thing where one side gets down and says ** it let's go for it , and it just becomes psychological ?
Well I've always thought even going back to last year, I don't actually think we're an amazing pressure side. I think we're just a good pressure side with James Rowbottom in it. That's the most frustrating thing. We don't even need to bring ridiculous heat to be dominant. We don't have to blow up the pressure ratings. Just don't be completely shite in that area and everything else we have going for us takes care of itself. But that's now three games where we have been completely shite with our pressure. It won't win you many games, no matter who is in your line-up. Too much looking at the bloke next to you to do it instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back