Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: McLean, Grundy (rested) Heeney (rested),
In: Hamling, Ladhams, Parker?/ Mills?

Sub: Heeney ? or Someone knocking on the door from the 2s.

Adams back into starting lineup. Ladhams can play against Xerri and giving him a run will be good for him in case we need him as injury cover later on.
Ladhams isn't back from concussion, and would be doubtful for this week with 2 weeks of no game time

You'd have to play Stretch as ruck, with Amartey/Logan as back ups

The sad thing is Adams was the fall guy for the loss last week and yet when he was in the midfield in the 4th quarter he was getting the ball. First clear winner all day in there, which tells a lot. Yes fresh legs and all that, but might as well have someone else as the sub.

Problem is when Adams got the clearance the forwards couldnt hold the ball in there at all. Maybe they are all running out of fuel tickets.
They definitely have. This has been my only worry for a while. Going into both byes, we really needed the break. We play a taxing style of footy.

Yes we lost two games, by a total of 3 points, today was embarrassing because the opposition are crap.

But we Are still 2 clear and you dont go dropping them unless you have too, especially structural players.

I am as pissed off and worried as you, but Amartey Mclean and Mcdonald looked dangerous today, they wasted their chances though.

But Reid Hamling etc arent doing any better IMO.

Maybe I will be wrong and Horse drops half the side.

But if he drops the guys who actually cost us the most it would be people like Gulden Warner, Blakey, Rampe, Mccartin and that would be crazy too, Papley, Hayward.
the leaders,

For better or worse the core of the side is out there, they are 13-3, the loss stings and in its aftermath its alarming, especially two in a row, but yeah not sure my point.

You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, you thank god Carlton, Collingwood etc pissed games away two, reluctantly accept the opposition was better and work harder.

I agree but the panic football and fumbling with which they started the game demands some changes. Some of that top tier were playing horrendously from the start as they have for weeks - good halves but that’s masking some very ordinaryhalves.

The half assed chase to get to position - Henry appearing in the centre square free because no one is covering. Them routinely having a spare out the back and making use of that.

On top of that horse playing McDonald off a wing - wtf ? Our best two players are the two wingers routinely and then McDonald going behind the ball. The problem was the midfield not chasing Henry forcing defenders to push up - play Jordan on him rather than McDonald behind the ball

Out: Amartey, Wicks
In: Hamling, Adams
Sub: Co Warner

Heeney up forward.

Really don't think Parker in mediocre reserves form and 6 weeks off, or Mills first match of the season is going to help us. If it were a wet game, maybe Parker, but doesn't look like it.
Mediocre form?? Didn't he have 3 weeks of 30+ disposals and multiple goals.

He can do a job up forward for us IMO and spells in the middle. If our 3 big forwards aren't doing much to earn their spots then putting Parker and Hamling up there for Mclean and Amartey might provide a different look and motivate those two to get it going.

Need to train more late game simulation, we’re 0-3 in games decided by a kick this year
Should never come down to a close finish. Twice 30 points up and once again the result of a withering burst only to be headed because we play arrogantly forgetting the fact there is an opposition out their busting their gut to beat you. What is needed is a change in attitude not match simulation to finish a close game.

Think the issues were there all season. Again a poor first quarter we were lucky to be even. Chad needs to pull his head in too way too often he goes for the 1 in 100 play.
The problem is that he is the only one looking like taking the game on. Whenever we tried to slowly manufacture a shot we were rubbish. It’s only on transition we could move it today. They killed us in the air - McLean and amartey couldn’t catch anything

I agree but the panic football and fumbling with which they started the game demands some changes. Some of that top tier were playing horrendously from the start as they have for weeks - good halves but that’s masking some very ordinaryhalves.

The half assed chase to get to position - Henry appearing in the centre square free because no one is covering. Them routinely having a spare out the back and making use of that.

On top of that horse playing McDonald off a wing - wtf ? Our best two players are the two wingers routinely and then McDonald going behind the ball. The problem was the midfield not chasing Henry forcing defenders to push up - play Jordan on him rather than McDonald behind the ball

Yes but do we change players? or some of what we are doing?

People keep saying bring Parker back- why? he has been part of this same problem for years and hasnt played all year at the level.

The other mids are Mills- see above but younger and kids, so we cannot change much there really?

Plus to me the problem is the top tier players as you say and they aren't dropping them,

I thought Horse did one really odd thing today and that was McDonald back when we led by 4 with heaps of time left, but also Heeney forward was a matchwinning type move.

The club just had a ratshit fortnight. Maybe we just arent good enough, I don't know, but which club is in a better spot?

Really don’t think Amartey and MacLean were the issue.

With so much ball being dumped in and spilled, our lack of front & centre presence was terrifying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's the problem with being top dog. All these loser teams prepare specifically for us to salvage something from their failed seasons. I bet North Melbourne will be thinking the exact same thing next week.
You bet we will be. Clarko is keeping the receipts 😎 after the SubGate win last year it will be time for retribution 😎

Haha cant say we have peaked now we have been on a slow decline for a few weeks now but then again so is every other team.

May be the year where both teams make the GF from outside the top 4.

Not saying it will happen

But it hardly uncommon for the eventual premier to be dominant, then lose a few, even say 3 of 6, 4 of 8 and look ordinary then bounce back into finals.

Yes we lost to the tigers but this is our first slump.... hopefully doesn't last

Tbh, a week off might be the best thing for Heeney. North Melbourne should be a win (if Heeney is the difference for them we're royally screwed), and having Heeney fresh for Brisbane would be way more value.

People wanted us not too peak early And got their wish 😂

If we play like most of today North will be a chance

North are a big chance, but I think we’ll probably win by like 20. Then I think we’ll fall of a cliff, winning only 2 more games to finish on 16-7. This might get us first this season, but could easily be second. Out of the finals in 2 games.

The boys are ECO'd in a big way. Maybe they need to be back in the pack to find that intensity again, but geez that's a worry. What if we were to have two great finals and go into a GF raging favourites?
Reasonably sure the players would care in the GF regardless of how the two previous finals went.

Haha cant say we have peaked now we have been on a slow decline for a few weeks now but then again so is every other team.

May be the year where both teams make the GF from outside the top 4.

So Brisbane beat up a few junk clubs at home and I am supposed to forget all the crap they dished up, or Essendon beat nonone all year but beat the Pies and have arrived?

I ignore Carlton pissing away a lead, Geelong losing like just about every game for 2 months?

Freo lost to West coast ffs

Like every side has dished up shit

I am not excusing it, not saying we don't have stuff to work on, **** maybe we dont win again this year, I don't know.

But despite how ****ed today was, we are still a contender,

North are a big chance, but I think we’ll probably win by like 20. Then I think we’ll fall of a cliff, winning only 2 more games to finish on 16-7. This might get us first this season, but could easily be second. Out of the finals in 2 games.

I think we will beat North, surprise Brisbane as finally the underdog and go undefeated the rest of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back