Where to for Pfiefer and Vince

Remove this Banner Ad

i think craigy & co are a bit oblvious so what really goes on come saturday night, darren isn't exactly going to go up to neil and say "i did this, i did that, suspend me"

Does this apply to every player or just Darren? Do we delist them all?

Vince is safe as houses .....Huddo is a naughty boy.

Pfieffer .....it's a fine line between a guy without discipline and a guy with a little wildness/spirit.

If you can perservere with the kid with spirit ....whilst it's frustrating it can be rewarding

Kid has too much talent to be even considered for delisting

Don't know if this has come up as I haven't read the whole thread.Time is short.
NC seemed to be suggesting that Darren is in the gun come delisting time on both 9 & 7 news tonight. He said something like, "this is not something you want on your CV when hard decisions have to be made" I hope the kid survives this as he obviously has talent.

After the happenings of the weekend have come to light, what is the future of these two players at the AFC

Personally, i think Pfiefer is now a dead man walking, and Vince may be on the same path

Your thoughts?

(Haven't included Huddo, since he is an established player, not a fringe or rookie)

Both safe IMO.

Delisting for this would be a gross over-reaction.

so craigy and crew were out with darren partying when the incident happened?
as were you.

mate, they brought in numerous witnesses from both sides of the story, as well as took into account the police report.

as opposed to you...who may have met him and come to the conclusion that he probably didn't enjoy your company, therefore he is probably a serial rapist.

like, who gives a shit?

an 18 year old kid goes out, has a bit of fun.

sure, he has to pull his head in, but you're taking this way too personally.

Vince is safe as houses .....Huddo is a naughty boy.

Pfieffer .....it's a fine line between a guy without discipline and a guy with a little wildness/spirit.

If you can perservere with the kid with spirit ....whilst it's frustrating it can be rewarding

Kid has too much talent to be even considered for delisting

Storm in a tea-cup.

Will be yesterday's news after the Geelong game and we all move on.

I find it hard to believe there is even a topic about this. They broke team rules, they do the time that fits the crime and they learn from their mistake. Everyone's happy again. I am far more disappointed in Huddo, he should be setting an example for these young players; instead he's staying out longer than they are!

I think a lot of peope are going overboard with this whole pfeiffer will be cut and the whole thing. I mean ok he was late by 20min (big deal), he is going to pay his time by further delaying he's chances of playing for the crows this year and thats it. I don't think craig or the crows staff are stupid enough to get rid of a talented player because he was late, not drunk and late not involved in an incident and late but just late by 20min.

I have no idea why people are getting so caught up in this...this is he's 3rd strike (so to speak) and he will be gone. If he is gone then the crows have just ensured that they take 2 steps back in the development of the squad in the future (which is the main priority IMHO).

1. Getting rid of a pretty talented player.
2. giving him away to another club for nothing and wasting a 1st round draft pick.

from an outside perspective, i don't think you can afford to delist any of these very talented players especially given your current list situation.

they will both be good players of the AFC in the future give them time and regarding to this digression, please, 20 mins late, unreal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, let's cut a 19 year-old 1st round pick with more potential than anyone on our list. Would be one of the biggest mistakes we could make. :thumbsdown:

He was in some danger of being cut last year, so I’m somewhat worried. But considering there was a big article about how he's starting to find his feet, I think he'll be fine.

But cutting him would be unbelievably stupid and another club would pick him up in a heartbeat.
The reality is though they arent obvious players to cut

If you need to cut 5 (and recognising trades might affect this) who are they? I think Roo has had bad luck rather than body breakdown and should go again at age 32 for sure

Jericho
Hinge?
Mcintyre?
Id therefore guess that a couple of Doughty/Massie/Bode/Biglands will go

Whilst I think Pfeffier has real talent and potential if it came down to cutting him or hard working, older but less talented team man like Massie?? Darren would want to be really careful

I was under the impression that you only need to cut 3?

I think we'll go for 4 or 5

Hinge, Jericho, Biglands, Roo (Retire - he can't - nor should he go on.) as well as Meesen if he goes home (which i think we'll end up with a player out of)

McIntyre to be elevated and I can't see us using more than 3 draft picks in a weak draft (as far as depth goes).

Getting ready to be shot down in flames but if Pfeiffer had made his debut over the past few weeks would have been interesting to see if he still would have got messed up in this.
OH PLEASE!!!!

SO now its AFC's fault that precious little Norwood boy is in trouble once again.

Fair dinkum :rolleyes:

This is not Pfeiffer's first indisgression and he should take a good hard look at himself and what exactly he wants in life. If the AFL career is not what he wants then continue going down this path. If he wants to play AFL footy then he better grow the **** up!

The fact that he keeps having these mishaps suggest that he is not putting himself forward for selection in the right manner.

I must applaud the leadership group for handing out this punishment to the 3 players in question. Once the players make a pact, that should be respected and carried out. If someone goes on and breaks that then they don't really have the same goal in mind as the rest of the group.

As for the original question, not sure if its a major issue with Hudson and Vince. While it might appear piss weak that club might show Pfeiffer the door after breaking the curfew, we must remember this is not the first time he has been disciplined in some way. Having said that, I think he will stay on the list but its time he grew up and took some responsibility for his career.

OH PLEASE!!!!

SO now its AFC's fault that precious little Norwood boy is in trouble once again.

Fair dinkum :rolleyes
:

This is not Pfeiffer's first indisgression and he should take a good hard look at himself and what exactly he wants in life. If the AFL career is not what he wants then continue going down this path. If he wants to play AFL footy then he better grow the **** up!

The fact that he keeps having these mishaps suggest that he is not putting himself forward for selection in the right manner.

I must applaud the leadership group for handing out this punishment to the 3 players in question. Once the players make a pact, that should be respected and carried out. If someone goes on and breaks that then they don't really have the same goal in mind as the rest of the group.

As for the original question, not sure if its a major issue with Hudson and Vince. While it might appear piss weak that club might show Pfeiffer the door after breaking the curfew, we must remember this is not the first time he has been disciplined in some way. Having said that, I think he will stay on the list but its time he grew up and took some responsibility for his career.

And exactly where did I say that please oh great one? Where in the world in that statement did I blame the AFC??!?!? And if you had looked at my other posts I agree with what the club have done today.

Well he is North by default I guess but I haven't defended him for his actions have I? It is pretty disappointing as it is a crucial game and he is easily our best ruckman. You won't see me saying crap like your post before "if Pfeiffer got a debut he wouldn't have done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". What a pathetic effort that is, you expect him to be handed a debut because he's a Norwood player! He has ****ed up plenty of times now, obviously it says a lot about his mental application, it seems to me he doesn't want to play AFL footy.

At least Huddo does have points in the bank, Pfeiffer has ****ed up 3 times and he hasn't even made a debut. I do repeat though, I have not and will not defend Hudson like you pathetic Redleg fans.

Oh please how many chances did Ladhams get before finally getting the boot. A shit load more than Pfeiffer has so far.

Also what the hell does Lads40 have to do with this?? This is about Pfeiffer, Hudson and Vince, stop trying to deflect the issue and deal with it. You are really become as soft as that little boy called Drummond.

P.S. Ladhams had a pretty good game in the spanking of Norwood on the weekend eh ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Where to for Pfiefer and Vince

Remove this Banner Ad

Back