Prediction Where will we finish in 2024

Giants standing after the Home and Away season

• Minor Premiers (first time in our history!)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Top 4

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • 5-8

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Won’t make the finals

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A look at the run home for us this year.

Not playing a finals game at home or in Sydney is really not ideal from a growth perspective. :( I guess it's better than not playing finals at all.

Hope we manage to land on the ladder with a home or Sydney game. Although I'd still be happy with playing finals, will just cost more to travel interstate. 😅

Not playing a finals game at home or in Sydney is really not ideal from a growth perspective. :( I guess it's better than not playing finals at all.

Hope we manage to land on the ladder with a home or Sydney game. Although I'd still be happy with playing finals, will just cost more to travel interstate. 😅
we'll win the last 7, finish 2nd, win the Qualifying final, get a home pre-lim, as will Sydney, so the Vics will lose their minds and try and find a way for future prelims to be played at the MCG. Its going to be great

So pumped and excited after that thrilling win against Melbourne! We are now just half a win away from 2nd spot, and with a 12 win - 7 loss record so far, look almost certain to exceed the 13-10 record we got in Kingsley’s inaugural season last year. With the coveted double chance, who knows what could happen - last year we lost by just 1 point to the eventual premiers in the Preliminary Final.

We have 4 games left, and other than the Brisbane game at Gabba, we will start as favourites against Hawthorn at our Manuka home next week, and Fremantle at Giants Stadium. The last game against the Bulldogs at Mars could be critical in determining whether we get a top 4 spot - hopefully by then the Bulldogs will be out of finals contention.

We desperately need the it factors of Cogs and Chook back.
Fingers crossed Briggs is ok. HH too.
Agree 100%
I need Kelly back asap. Our clearance game is still brutal. When we win clearance we are brutal. In that third term we won three clearances and kicked 3 straight.
Our forward line is so potent....we just need to give them a chance.

So exhilarated and happy after that AMAZING win against Hawthorn. Just don’t know how our team managed to win that, as we looked gone. Kudos and brilliant effort by the coaching and leadership team to have the self belief to win that crucial game.

We are now 13 wins - 7 losses with 3 more games left to play. Unbelievably despite not playing consistently well this season, we are just ONE win (and %) away from the minor premiership! The Swans, Carlton, Essendon etc are all going downhill, whilst us, Brisbane and the Bulldogs are in great winning form.

We have already equaled the number of wins we have got last year in Kingsley’s inaugural season, and with the team’s resilience and self belief who knows what the boys can achieve this year. Last year we lost by 1 point to the eventual Premiers in the Preliminary Final, and with another year together, and a double final chance if we finish in the top 4, we have every reason to be optimistic.

Our final 3 games will determine if we make the top 4 or even get a top 2 spot - our team has never ever finished the home and away season higher than 4th.

A very important win. Give us 2 games and percentage over Hawks and Pies, and if Essendon can't beat Freo today, 2.5 games over them.

Win one more game, and presuming we don't get shellacked in the others (to lose percentage), finals is tantalisingly close.

Of course, winning all 3 and keeping our destiny in our own hands would be best!

We probably want Swans to come out of their funk and beat the Pies next week; not sure who we want to win between Hawks and Blues (Probably Carlton as Hawks last 2 games should be gimmes).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very important win. Give us 2 games and percentage over Hawks and Pies, and if Essendon can't beat Freo today, 2.5 games over them.

Win one more game, and presuming we don't get shellacked in the others (to lose percentage), finals is tantalisingly close.

Of course, winning all 3 and keeping our destiny in our own hands would be best!

We probably want Swans to come out of their funk and beat the Pies next week; not sure who we want to win between Hawks and Blues (Probably Carlton as Hawks last 2 games should be gimmes).
I think we have enough wins to make finals now.
Just a matter of where we land

What an amazing unbelievable win against the Premiership favourites in their own home ground. Brisbane were on a 9 consecutive winning streak, and we beat them despite our dismal first quarter. The win could be season defining for our team, and builds on our self belief after coming from well behind vs Carlton and Hawthorn (and holding off a charging Melbourne in the last quarter a fortnight ago).

We have now won 6 consecutive games ourselves (just 1 behind our all time highest streak of 7 games last year), and at 14 wins are almost certain of a final spot.

We should win 1 of the remaining games, and are favourites to beat Fremantle at Giants Stadium next week. The Bulldogs game at Ballarat is much harder, but given what we have achieved over the past month and a half, I think our team will definitely rise to the challenge.

Our highest ever Home and Away position was 4th (in 2016 and 2017), with 16 wins (in 2016) being the most wins we have had in our history.

I see us getting 15 wins, which should give us a top 4 double chance, and are optimistic of even getting to 16 wins. Given the very even nature of the competition, we should expect to finish top 4, although minor premiership seems unlikely.

What an amazing unbelievable win against the Premiership favourites in their own home ground. Brisbane were on a 9 consecutive winning streak, and we beat them despite our dismal first quarter. The win could be season defining for our team, and builds on our self belief after coming from well behind vs Carlton and Hawthorn (and holding off a charging Melbourne in the last quarter a fortnight ago).

We have now won 6 consecutive games ourselves (just 1 behind our all time highest streak of 7 games last year), and at 14 wins are almost certain of a final spot.

We should win 1 of the remaining games, and are favourites to beat Fremantle at Giants Stadium next week. The Bulldogs game at Ballarat is much harder, but given what we have achieved over the past month and a half, I think our team will definitely rise to the challenge.

Our highest ever Home and Away position was 4th (in 2016 and 2017), with 16 wins (in 2016) being the most wins we have had in our history.

I see us getting 15 wins, which should give us a top 4 double chance, and are optimistic of even getting to 16 wins. Given the very even nature of the competition, we should expect to finish top 4, although minor premiership seems unlikely.
I think we are mathematically guaranteed a finals spot.
Very likely have a home final now as well

I think we can still be knocked out.
Allot depends on the other games this weekend.

Essendon get done by the Suns tomorrow and we are in.
I think with other teams playing each other that it is impossible for 8 teams to get past us from here.

There also has to be a stack of other games go against us.
I'm calling us safe!
I would normally say don’t jinx us, but our team don’t believe in jinxing and are happy to win anywhere, anytime. There has to be so many unlikely permutations for us to miss out - now that we have (almost certainly) made the finals, I think realistically a top 4 finish, or at the very least a home elimination final is probable? 15 wins should enable this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Where will we finish in 2024

Back