Where would Caddy go in 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would appear Geelong have indeed ponied up the big money then. While I'd love Josh at North, I wouldn't to break the structure that saw all our GWS and GC targets stay for less.

Wonder how blokes like Bartel and Kelly will feel having been paid unders for years seeing a 3rd year player waltz in on the big bucks?

Would appear Geelong have indeed ponied up the big money then. While I'd love Josh at North, I wouldn't to break the structure that saw all our GWS and GC targets stay for less.

Wonder how blokes like Bartel and Kelly will feel having been paid unders for years seeing a 3rd year player waltz in on the big bucks?

Emma Quayle@emmasq
Josh Caddy's happy to join St Kilda, Geelong or North, will just depend on who gets the deal done. The Cats' compensation pick will appeal.

Nice tactic. It hides the money factor.

Emma Quayle@emmasq
Josh Caddy's happy to join St Kilda, Geelong or North, will just depend on who gets the deal done. The Cats' compensation pick will appeal.

Nice tactic. It hides the money factor.

Much and all as I rate Emma, I reckon my source is better than hers on this one.

Deal isn't done and plenty can happen but the word is Geelong have stepped up.

If people want to blatantly troll posters from another club, participate in name calling, or any other variation of this, please take it elsewhere. Please read the name of the thread title before posting, there's another handy hint.

For those guys who are reporting the posts and then leaving them alone, we thank you.

Caddy will not be on big bucks if he comes to Geelong. I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion.

Caddy will not be on big bucks if he comes to Geelong. I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion.

He's not going to Geelong because he loves the place.

North was his first choice. On a level playing field and with no serious monetary incentives he would be a North player. Period.

It appears the combined factors of GC's trading pressure and Geelongs extra dough may now be the deciding factors.

He will not be on big bucks, will fit into our pay structure! Cook, balme, wells and Scott are to smart for this! Do you think they would destroy the fabric which bought us three flags? I think not! You know our club better though hey...

North was his first choice. On a level playing field and with no serious monetary incentives he would be a North player. Period.

It appears the combined factors of GC's trading pressure and Geelongs extra dough may now be the deciding factors.
I suppose that is why, last year, he hid from the Kangaroos (and all clubs outside Essendon and the GC) that he was demanding a trade back to Victoria???? The reality is that Caddy's lifelong passion for the Kangaroos wasn't as strong this time last year as the Kangaroos fans on here would like to think.

The fact that he is happy to go to any of those three sides makes me think that he believes that Geelong and St Kilda area better place to be than the Kangaroos, if with his so called lifelong passion for the Kangaroos, he can't pick them over two other sides.

Geelong are in a better position to please the Gold Coast than the other two teams. If the Saints offer 13, the Roos 15 and Geelong the Ablett Compo, the Gold Coast will pick the Saints or Geelong (depending on how they value Geelong's compensation pick). Unless Caddy demands a trade to the Kangaroos (and them only), it isn't going to happen.

North was his first choice.
Do you really want to diminish your credibility with such a ludicrous statement.

On a level playing field and with no serious monetary incentives he would be a North player. Period.
Now I know that you're Brad Scott, say hi to your brother for me.:rolleyes:
Caddy has already stated that he wants Gold Coast to get the best deal, money is not the issue. Geelongs compo pick may be the ultimate factor.

Depends on what you define as big bucks but the word is Geelong threw the cash more than North did, and North have the salary cap room and wherewithal to make big offers. We just don't want to break our structure of keeping the group together.

Good luck to Josh at Geelong if that is where ends up, as seems very likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that people might believe that Geelong has plenty of room in their cap because they made a big play for Boak. This doesnt mean that they'll pay Caddy a fortune, but you would assume that they have some room to pay him.
Chris Scott & Neil Balme have said on numerous occasions that Geelong don't pay inflated prices for players. One of the reasons Boak knocked us back is that we didn't offer him big bucks. We offered him a reasonable pay plus the opportunity to play in a successful club. Port offered him big bucks to stay and he stayed.

Caddy is still only a second year player who shows loads of potential. But he is not a star of the game, so if he is expecting a $800,000 - to a mill a year then he's seriously delusional and I'd suspect the Cats would lose interest pretty quickly if that was the case.

He is probably only worth $300,000 to $400,000 a year at best at this stage of his career.

Depends on what you define as big bucks but the word is Geelong threw the cash more than North did, and North have the salary cap room and wherewithal to make big offers. We just don't want to break our structure of keeping the group together.

Good luck to Josh at Geelong if that is where ends up, as seems very likely.
That statement is naive. Geelong don't pay overs for their players, which is a big reason Boak decided to stay at Port.
Caddy will go to one of the 3 clubs he prefers, not for money, but to get the best deal for Gold Coast.

PS: Your source speaks utter crap. Either that or you've made it up.

I could see him worth $450,000 to $550,000 a year at best at this stage of his career.

It's Substantially less than that figure.

I wouldn't have thought that Caddy would be able to get anything more than $300k at best?
Spot on $250k-$300k

I am happy to stand corrected if that is the case. I was just taking a stab in the dark to be honest :D
I'm not too sure many of the Geelong stars are getting paid much more over that figure, although I may be wrong.

I think I heard somewhere that Bartel was only on $500k-$550k, with Scarlett the highest paid player at $600k.
I may be off the mark with the figure as it's only from memory.

Why doesnt he just go to the draft then if we were his first choice if we cant find a suitable trade. I still think we can get it done.

My source tells me Cats are more than that, North less & Saints unknown as yet.
I'd like to think we'd counter-offer. Shit, if we paid SuperGav $300K p.a. to keep him away from GC :rolleyes: , it would be (even more) criminal to not pay that much and more to get Caddy from GC.

Chris Scott & Neil Balme have said on numerous occasions that Geelong don't pay inflated prices for players. One of the reasons Boak knocked us back is that we didn't offer him big bucks. We offered him a reasonable pay plus the opportunity to play in a successful club. Port offered him big bucks to stay and he stayed.

Caddy is still only a second year player who shows loads of potential. But he is not a star of the game, so if he is expecting a $800,000 - to a mill a year then he's seriously delusional and I'd suspect the Cats would lose interest pretty quickly if that was the case.

I could see him worth $450,000 to $550,000 a year at best at this stage of his career.

Lol, that'd be massively overpaying him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back