Remove this Banner Ad

bluesforever

Club Legend
Suspended
Nov 24, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Which Carlton player hmm well mine would be Stevens, i'm always a fan of Koutoufides it'll be great to see him and Stevens in the midfield along with Scotland, Houla, Campo and co. But probably Stevens for mine to see how much impact he's ganna have for us, atleast it won't be the usual "if kouta fires, Carlton are a chance" now we have alot more depth, no more relying on kouta, maybe its a bit like the Collingwood side a couple of years back where Buckley stood out too much, now they have a powerful midfield with the likes of Woewodin so maybe that could be the same as kouta and stevens, i tip the Blues to be right up there within 2 to 3 years.

I've jumped on the Mott bandwagon. I'm really excited about his potential and in my opinion expect him to be no 1 ruckman by the time round 1 is here. The only thing stopping him in my opinion is if he is not willing to train hard and take the opportunity that will surely be given to him.

I'm excited about captain Kouta running out for his first game as skipper. I'm excited about Waite and Angwin. I'm excited about Campo being given a bit more freedom with some midfield support. I'm excited that the defenders should have slightly less pressure on them next year. Excited about seeing Walker in action. Really, I'm excited about seeing some different players hopefully showing some good old fashioned G&D out there.

CAMPOREALE!! Why, you may ask?? Well, a few seasons ago when we had the likes of Williams, Brown etc, Campo was in great form as the 3rd midfielder, but since loosing these guys, Campo has somewhat struggled. Now with the aditions of Stevens and also Scotland in the Midfield, I wouldn't be surprised if Campo gets back to his great form of the late 90's.

I hope you guys on't yell at nme for posting here but I personally think Jarad Waite is gonna be a fantastic player next year!

I am reall excited about Stevie Kenna, When I saw him at The Williamstown vs Box Hill VFL Grand Final I thought he was amazing though he attacks he doesn't really Defend!

Though I really think you guys ae on the up!

Jarrad Waite,Brad fisher and bad boy Laurie are the ones i am most excited about next year and eaglery await them to fullfil there potential they have shown to date.

Hi Guys, my first post.

A part from all our new players, of course I'mreally excited about Laurence Angwin. He cops it a lot from people about his off field dramas but next year i'm hoping he will step up and make everybody eat they're words. Despite his off field problems on the field i think will be a very good player. I hope to see him play in the forward line again and given some spells in the ruck.

Man u should be excited about Stevie Kenna......A bit one sided but is he a gun!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether he can break into the seniors is another matter.......

Stevens!
Can't wait to see a Carlton player with exhilerating pace blowing others off their feet.
I can't even remember a player on our list in the last 10 years that had pace to blow other teams away!
Campo is fast, but he doesn't carve teams up like Stevens can out of the middle, or like Cousins does at West Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by bluesforever
But probably Stevens for mine to see how much impact he's ganna have for us, atleast it won't be the usual "if kouta fires, Carlton are a chance" now we have alot more depth, no more relying on kouta, maybe its a bit like the Collingwood side a couple of years back where Buckley stood out too much, now they have a powerful midfield with the likes of Woewodin so maybe that could be the same as kouta and stevens, i tip the Blues to be right up there within 2 to 3 years.

that my friend, is the longest sentence i have seen in my life.

norman for me tho

I'm excited any player that pulls on the BLUES jumper but one player who I think is ready to blossom next year is Prenda.

His performances in the second half of last season were as good as any other Carlton player and the word around Princess Park is the big fellow is killing them on the track and has put on heap of muscle. I love the way he plays football even and though his kicking can be wayward, he has some real mongrel and aggression about him. Could fill CHB this year and can play as tall midfielder.

Originally posted by Kooley
I'm excited any player that pulls on the BLUES jumper but one player who I think is ready to blossom next year is Prenda.

His performances in the second half of last season were as good as any other Carlton player and the word around Princess Park is the big fellow is killing them on the track and has put on heap of muscle. I love the way he plays football even and though his kicking can be wayward, he has some real mongrel and aggression about him. Could fill CHB this year and can play as tall midfielder.

yeh prenda is an underrated player

Laurence Angwin

I reckon he could turn a game in 5 minutes....his ability to play anywhere on the ground, take a contested mark, use his speed (WC goal) and his ability to create mismatches means he is extremely hard to match up on....he could play ruck rover while Mott rucks....or on the wing!

:D :D

And Setanta

;)

There are plenty of players; but I cannot choose which one. Kouta may have more confidence now with his knee and therefore will be able to take pack marks and have a greater influce. I'm excited about that. Nick Stevens getting plenty of quality possessions and passing it accurately toward our forward line. I'm excited about that. Watching Thronton's class and natural ability to read the play and minimise key player's ability to score whilst growing in stature at the same time. I'm excited about that. Knowing that Campo will not struggle as much with taggers and therefore having a greater ability to damage teams with his run and deadly accuracy. I'm excited about that. Fevola crashing through packs to take pack marks, kicking plenty of goals outside 50 and a fair dinkum chance of winning the Coleman. I'm excited about that. Watching Waite transform himself from a kid to a man, with Kouta-like ability and just dominating matches. I'm excited about that. Whitnall having a full season and dominating at CHF like he used to do with great effect. I'm excited about that. Ricky Mott showing some presence and ability in the ruck where we were sadly lacking in. I'm excited about that.

In conclusion, I'm generally excited about how our team can perform as a whole and that we'll be more competitive. Having a solid midfield and a good forward will benefit, just as long as we help with our poor defence - midfielders must support at all costs for Thornton cannot do it alone.

u could've made it easier by saying what players ur not excited about.
How can't u be excited by all of our trades who have been called hacks and hasbeens proving they still have plenty to offer. I'm excited about Angwin improving on and off the field. Hopefully well stick with him and after a good preseason he will dominate in our forward line and maybe given a go in the ruck. The biggest excitement will be watching Setanta transforming from a hurler to a football player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Carlton player are you most excited about next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back