Which Essendon player will improve the most in '13?

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. He was terrible for us this year..

But yep, first name that popped into my head is Myers as most have already said. Will catch the attention of opposition fans and commentators gushing over him "finally fulfilling his potential","justifying his 1st rnd draft pick", "came from nowhere", etc..

Hope people are right about Myers, but this is little more than hope.

How so? When he got going this year he played some truly brilliant inside midfielder games. If he stays uninjured, it's very realistic to suggest he'll be reaching A-Grade status.

Myers, Jetta and Scotty Gumbles!

Myers taunts us from time to time with so much skill! If he works hard pre-season I think he will be a gun!

Jetta has so much pace... I think if he continues to pay in the midfield, he will be great!

Gumbleton just needs to stay healthy for the first time in his life and he will be our top goal scorer :)

If Myers doesn't get injured then he will finish top 3in the b&f

I hope Colyer improves he could get the 2011 form back and be a surprise packet!

Zaharakis will be in AA contention by years end. But the bloke that is coming from a long way back that i think will improve immensely is Browne. He will be very important in balancing the Bombers backline.

Hibberd for me as long as he stays injury free.

I expect him to be a Beau Walters type by the end of 2013.

Now that I think about it, Hibberd is up there with Myers, Hurley and Melksham.

Like Myers and Hurley, Hibberd's only really being held back by an inability to string games together. There isn't really anything wrong with his form when he plays.

Fletcher - All Australian in 2013.

Stanton - To step it up again and be the big benefactor from Goddards arrival.

Howlett - Will become "da man"

How so? When he got going this year he played some truly brilliant inside midfielder games. If he stays uninjured, it's very realistic to suggest he'll be reaching A-Grade status.
Answered your own question there really... He has never been able to get "going" for more than a couple games in a row in his entire career. What's most realistic, as you say, is that continues. But hopefully he can string some games together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winderlich ready for a huge year
Howlett will become a machine
Ryder is the player I just hope improves the most but reality say otherwise.

In terms of impact from players that we didn't have available for most of last year, Zaka will be the one to turn heads, I reckon if he plays nearly all games will give the AA squad a good shake.

In terms of raw improvement, reckon Myers is ready to go to that next level.

Heppell is already so consistent at a young age, hard to see him improving the most. Melksham might be another, but ill need to see it first (not writing him off but he could go either way at this stage).

Answered your own question there really... He has never been able to get "going" for more than a couple games in a row in his entire career. What's most realistic, as you say, is that continues. But hopefully he can string some games together.

Fair call. I have a high expectation that he'll benefit from a new pre-season program and another year in the system.

A lot of players are going to take a big step up next year.
Zaharakis should have a big year if kept injury free. (Didn't win the 2011 BnF for nothin!)
Stants will play much better on the outside thanks to Goddard now in the middle.
I'm expecting a big year!

Not sure anyone mentioned Crameri but be improves if he can stay fit and we can be allowed to play him as a third forward. Hibberd also as others have mentioned.

I feel that NOB could really surprise everyone. This kid really reminds me of Cameron Ling because of his attitude, will power and leadership qualities.

I agree it will be hard for Heppell to crack 'top 20' but I think he still has a heap of improvement. Potential brownlow medallist who is good in traffic, excellent footy brain and good skills.

Zaka will get back to 2011 form, we saw glimpses of that, as long as he is fit.

It is refreshing to read this years thread and not just see Gumby's name.. good for the club :thumbsu:

I agree it will be hard for Heppell to crack 'top 20' but I think he still has a heap of improvement. Potential brownlow medallist who is good in traffic, excellent footy brain and good skills.

Zaka will get back to 2011 form, we saw glimpses of that, as long as he is fit.

It is refreshing to read this years thread and not just see Gumby's name.. good for the club :thumbsu:
Zaka will be much better than he was on 2011 IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Essendon player will improve the most in '13?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back