Opinion Who breaks their Premiership drought first?

Who breaks their Premiership drought first?

• Saints

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Dockers

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • Blues

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Crows

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Suns

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Giants

Votes: 31 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Shai Bolton is a risky trade for the dockers. No doubt he has talent and can be a match winner. But you don't know when he can turn up.

It could end up like the Jesse Hogan trade too
I understand your concern but this is where Bolton is "the cream and not the cake" type of player. Richmond were no cake this year, so nowhere for the cream to go. When Richmond were cake (19/20) though...

Freo can't afford not get him in IMHO.

Most of the crows rebuild was fine.

Back 6 is solid despite crows being bottom 4. There is a semi decent forward line when Tex Walker is gone.

Just need that elite inside mid or 2.
I'm in the camp that says our list is fairly good bar the midfield. But our senior coach, broader coaching panel and selection policies are terrible.

Technically 2000 was the last year of the previous century. Therefore last Essendons premiership was in the 20th century.
Always Sunny Shut Up GIF

I understand your concern but this is where Bolton is "the cream and not the cake" type of player. Richmond were no cake this year, so nowhere for the cream to go. When Richmond were cake (19/20) though...

Freo can't afford not get him in IMHO.
I agree on both parts.

I wont deny that Shai Bolton is quality. He is easily in freos best 23. Hell if you are offering pick 10 and 11 or 18, he would have to start in the 18.

I wish Michael Walters was 4 or 5 or 6 years younger. Shai Bolton, Michael Frederick and a 29 or 30 year old Walters would cause problems to opposition sides.

Again... Its a risk. He could end up like Jesse Hogan or Harley bennell and somehow get injuries and hurt our forward line structure not having him available.

I'm in the camp that says our list is fairly good bar the midfield. But our senior coach, broader coaching panel and selection policies are terrible.

I agree with your posts.

in 2023, Crows got a good amount of wins and nearly made finals off the back of certain experienced players.

Taylor Walker kicking 70 goals was very good.

I have said your teams midfield needs elite inside mids to Help Jordan Dawson and Soligo.

I like Brayden cook as he is a South Adelaide panther and Luke Pedlar as he is versatile too. But both of those blokes are not main guys to build around. Both blokes can play on a forward flank or in a wing.

I do rate Jordan Dawson, Jake Soligo and Bean Keays as solid inside mids. Those 3 can be solid inside mids that can average 25 to disposals a game on a good day.

When the crows got Jackson Hately from GWS, I thought he was gonna improve. I thought he was big bodied inside mid that was 190 cm and 90kg mid that would help the crows to finals again. A shame he didnt improve because I saw him play well for Central districts the Year he was drafted to GWS.

I sort of Agree that Matthew Nicks should be gone. Crows have done most of the Rebuild. A new coach with fresh ideas and possibly different methods to improve your playing squad to finals contenders again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dockers with Baker and Bolton can give it a real shake.
Baker is apparently going to West coast Via trade.

Dockers are more likely to get a 31 Former Peel thunder bloke Kamdyn McIntosh as a free agent on a 1 or 2 year deal than trading in for Liam Baker at this rate.

Dockers over the next 5 years have the best chance they're ever gonna have at winning their first premiership. And I thought that before the possibility of having either Bolton/Baker/Warner.

I don't know what it is with GWS, just when you think they're about to launch come finals time they get really unlucky with injury to an important player or they succumb to an epic bottle job.

Dockers over the next 5 years have the best chance they're ever gonna have at winning their first premiership. And I thought that before the possibility of having either Bolton/Baker/Warner.

I don't know what it is with GWS, just when you think they're about to launch come finals time they get really unlucky with injury to an important player or they succumb to an epic bottle job.
I disagree....

I am not convinced that the dockers will get a flag under this window. Even if the dockers trade in quality like a Shai Bolton or Chad Warner or Liam Baker. Adding one of those 3 turns freo from a side that is a finals contender that fnished 9th to 11th to a finals side that should finish between 5th to 8th.

I am more confident in GWS or Gold Coast getting a flag by 2027 than the dockers.

Actually I can see one of GWS, Swans or Brisbane (despite losing Daniher to reitrement) winning the flag next season in 2025.

And if one of GWS, Swans or Brisbane win the flag again in 2025, then its not Vicbias anymore, its North Bias.

whats your Honest opinion about North bias?

Nope its not about being biased or preferential treatment for North Melbourne but towards the NSW and Queensland clubs.

I don’t think there is North bias nor VicBias. Each have their advantages and disadvantages. Ultimately football is just a game and for our entertainment so I like a bit of variety and take it for what it is.

Only thing I don’t like is people denying they have these advantages and on top of that cry foul that they are actually the disadvantaged. I.e Geelong people.

I disagree....

I am not convinced that the dockers will get a flag under this window. Even if the dockers trade in quality like a Shai Bolton or Chad Warner or Liam Baker. Adding one of those 3 turns freo from a side that is a finals contender that fnished 9th to 11th to a finals side that should finish between 5th to 8th.
I am never convicted any side will win a flag. Even less nowadays when the competition is so even. More team then ever are a chance atm when everything goes right. If not a fall is quick likeour case over the last month of regular season 2024.
Don't think in hindsight there will be lot of teams that will be considered underachieving over recent years. Like St Kilda around 2009-2001 or Bomber around the turn of the millenium. Nodody talked about last years premiers missing finals like it was done in past times either.

But we are in a decent position to push for a good finals spot over the next years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who breaks their Premiership drought first?

Back