Who do you want to win the premiership the most and least?

Who do you most want to win the flag in 2024?

• Sydney

Votes: 30 8.1%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 40 10.8%
  • Geelong

Votes: 30 8.1%
  • GWS

Votes: 86 23.2%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 33 8.9%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 52 14.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 78 21.1%
  • Carlton

Votes: 21 5.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
So it's that time of year again. We have a pretty interesting mix of finalists, none which look like sure bets. All have gone through down periods at some stage of the season which had many doubting their premiership credentials, while at other times they've had runs which have made us think they can go all the way. But this thread is about who you'd personally rather see win lose. If your own team is playing pick the SECOND team you would like to see with it.

For me my ranking is as follows:

GWS: they haven't won one yet but have got close, and it'd be good for the national game if they win. Plus less annoying carry on from their small supporter base.

Bulldogs: I know they won recently but they are my second team, and it'll help grow them as a club. Bont for the Brownlow and Norm Smith double.

Brisbane: its been over 20 years and they've been up for awhile. Narrowly missed out last year, so would love to see them win it.

Hawthorn: me in 2016 would hardly believe I'm saying this, but yes, despite having won 4 in the past 16 years it'd be a great underdog story to see them go all the way. Love the way they play and Sammy Mitchell as a coach.

Port Adelaide: its been 20 years, and the conflicted feelings of Port fans over Hinkley would be interesting. Funny to see them totally backflip over him.

Sydney: only higher because they've lost 3 of their last gfs, so be a nice redemption arc. Otherwise sick of them always being at the pointy end.

Carlton: would be higher than Sydney but after this season I've gone off them. Imo they just get an unfair advantage, plus the media salivating over them. It's been a long time, so would be happy for their long suffering fans at least.

Geelong: please God no, just no. I don't think any non Geelong fan wants to see them win it again.

From most to least:

1. GWS - Play a great brand of football and I think they have the quality to pull it off
2. Bulldogs - Inoffensive for the most part
3. Brisbane - Wanted them to win it last year
4. Geelong - Don't really hate Geelong so I wouldn't be upset with another premiership
5. Port - Not ideal but they've only won it once so I'm not going to be upset

Considerable gap

6. Sydney - Can't stand Sydney, but they're certainly not the last on the list

Very huge gap

7. Hawthorn - They play a great brand of football and are entertaining to watch, but I cannot deal with a Hawthorn premiership right now. We've had enough Hawthorn premierships. Plus I can't stand Hawthorn either

Extremely large gap

8. Carlton - Just no. Sick to my stomach even thinking about it. The whole season would be an utter failure and a waste if it amounted to a Carlton premiership

Brisbane
Greater Western Sydney

daylight

Sydney
Western Bulldogs
hawthorn

daylight

Carlton
Geelong

daylight

Port Adelaide

No matter what happens can the four coach blaming teams in the top 8, Port, Dogs, Blues & Swans please give us a break and accept that it’s not all on the one bloke. Kudos to Ken Hinkley and Bevo after all the criticism they endured from the press and supporters this season.

All you lot acting like I'm gonna praise Hinkley just because he wins one premiership? Small minded thinking.

Brisbane. Geelong. Hawthorn. Richmond. Those guys won THREE.

If Hinkley has any chance of resurrecting his reputation, he needs to earn multiple. Otherwise he's just a one hit wonder.

Anyway, to answer your question OP:

Most: Port
Least: Port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS then daylight,

(as for the barbs about Hinkley, I’m one of the Ken Out ticket holders. Should have been gone 3 years ago. Game plan has not stood up in finals. Just because we’ve had another successful H&A means little apart from having another go.
If it works, then great. I want him out because I think he’s not been the best way forward for the club - ie I want what’s best for the club and not the individual. Port Adelaide (used to be) all about the club and not the individual, and (used to) not be scared to make tough calls.

So here we are again, and our season starts now. If we win, then I’m happy to be wrong because I’m happy for the club. No conflict there. Question is, will all the Hinkley supporters ever admit that they were wrong, if we don’t (again)? Funny that I didn’t hear anything from them last year,

Honestly not the most offensive list of finals team for me my 7 least favourite teams all missed.

1) Blues: Obviously

---
2) Port: I dislike Adelaide so I tend to favour Port most of the time. Plus they've done us a solid, and it would be funny for Ken to be a premiership coach after all that.

---
This is the "Don't really care" zone.

3) GWS
4) Bulldogs
5) Sydney

---

6) Geelong - I know too many Geelong supporters for this to be pleasant, but they aren't the most offensive team.
7) Hawthorn - I actually kinda like the Hawks, but they're eventually gonna overtake us on premierships so I want to delay that as long as possible.

---
8) Brisbane - Just don't like them, and wish they would have done Australia the favour of beating the Pies last year.

Very huge gap

7. Hawthorn - They play a great brand of football and are entertaining to watch, but I cannot deal with a Hawthorn premiership right now. We've had enough Hawthorn premierships. Plus I can't stand Hawthorn either
I have seen enough Hawks flags in my lifetime. You guys haven't won a final for 20 years

1. Carlton obviously

I'm not terribly offended by any of the other 7. For the sake of the exercise though.

2. Sydney. Made a GF 2 years ago, faded last year and then played some incredible footy for most of the year to finish 1st. Have to respect them.

3. Port because they did us a solid.

4. GWS. Top 4 team. Haven't won one.

5. Geelong. I've enjoyed watching the cats for years now. Also Tuohy.

6. Hawks. Exciting football. Way ahead of schedule and frankly, it's ****ing embarrassing to see them fly past us like they have.

7. Lions. Been a while. Knocking on the door constantly. Geez, they've made our life a misery though. I live in Brisbane too. It's tough.

8. Won in 2016 so not in any hurry for them to win another. Bont's a champ so seeing him lift a cup wouldn't be so bad. Never been a favourite club of mine though.

No matter what happens can the four coach blaming teams in the top 8, Port, Dogs, Blues & Swans please give us a break and accept that it’s not all on the one bloke. Kudos to Ken Hinkley and Bevo after all the criticism they endured from the press and supporters this season.
If I can just step in to defend Swans fans, for most of the time we have been incredibly supportive of Horse.

He is greatly loved and respected by the vast majority of Swans supporters and always will be.

Just that things - perhaps unsurprisingly - got a little intemperate a few weeks ago after that record-breaking loss to Port.

I think those hot heads have vented and the moment has passed.

Obviously want us to win it, but failing that I’m all in on GWS. I don’t buy into the fake rivalry between us, I’d be thrilled if they won it. I tend to go to more Giants games than Swans games these days (I’m not changing allegiances or anything; Mrs Zevon is a Giants member and their games just work better for location/lifestyle for us most weeks). Love what they’ve built and are continuing to build out there. Also love their song! 🎶

I don’t really have any teams that I’d hate to see win it. I’ll pick Geelong as the side I’d least want, purely because they’ve won one recently. Having said that, if they manage to jag another one, this time with a midfield that not many people rate at all, then full credit to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you want to win the premiership the most and least?

Back