Suspended
Aug 31, 2011
CA.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Jock
Steve Kernahan or Brett Ratten?

I can forecast all week, we will hear Carlton supporters asking for Ratten's removal. However the question has to be asked, should the person be accountable for extending his contract?

Going to be a lot of intense speculation involving Ratten and Malthouse this week.

Steve Kernahan or Brett Ratten?

I can forecast all week, we will hear Carlton supporters asking for Ratten's removal. However the question has to be asked, should the person be accountable for extending his contract?

Going to be a lot of intense speculation involving Ratten and Malthouse this week.
You have called this a week early me thinks, maybe after collingwood dismantle them next Friday night..

Ratten.

Recruiting Department.

Development at Northern Blues (currenty stone-motherless last in the VFL).

Fitness Department.

I don't agree. I think they have most of the cattle needed to challenge for a flag but Ratten has them playing bruise-free footy. A new coach must make players like Gibbs who are reluctant to go in hard at contests more accountable and physical.

Carlton will never be a serious theat to the tougher teams in the comp like Hawthorn, Collingwood & Geelong until they they embrace a more physical style.

Agree with the first three mainly, but the fitness department is far from blame. We've had quite a healthy list up until this year.

Yeah fair enough.

See blokes like McLean and Judd tried tonight, but plenty didn't.

We've all talked about the midfield depth, but, gee it gets thin fast.

The KP depth is even worse. Fair to say the recruiter will be sacked before the coach does.

The VFL form is a real worry. Last year, the Bullants got to within a couple of kicks of a grand final - they've disappeared this year.

This means the development of the depth just isn't happening.

And as for the coach...what can you say really.

not much really, they have shown they can beat good sides in the past. Its whats upstairs thats holding em back, once u tank ur ****ed, season on the line and they dont fire a shot. Injuries are irrelevant because most of the players dont give a ****, if they actually gave a **** then you can blame injuries; this is the result of tanking.

Something is amiss internally.

Have been reports that Wayne Hughes, the main recruiter cannot make the final calls on draft picks. The power to do has been taken off him.

Cordy & Ratten are meant to be in conflict and Robert Hyde, who was their P/T VFL coach, resigned midweek as he was frustrated with senior players attitudes with going back to the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratten.

Recruiting Department.

Development at Northern Blues (currenty stone-motherless last in the VFL).

Fitness Department.

This is a fair call. What's perhaps even more disturbing than the Blues' current form is that their VFL side (with around two thirds Carlton listed players) got smacked by Geelong (and we are ordinary) at Visy last week. Failed to kick a goal in the first half and kicked just two for the whole game.

Something is amiss internally.

Have been reports that Wayne Hughes, the main recruiter cannot make the final calls on draft picks. The power to do has been taken off him.

Cordy & Ratten are meant to be in conflict and Robert Hyde, who was their P/T VFL coach, resigned midweek as he was frustrated with senior players attitudes with going back to the VFL.

All true.

This is a fair call. What's perhaps even more disturbing than the Blues' current form is that their VFL side (with around two thirds Carlton listed players) got smacked by Geelong (and we are ordinary) at Visy last week. Failed to kick a goal in the first half and kicked just two for the whole game.

Other way around.

But god we were appalling - watched the game, geelong supporters had come down, heaps of them, twice as many than us, more - three times. Clapped the boys off the ground, there were players amongst the crowd - it was amazing.

On our side, not even a look at the supporters - Ratten ran across the ground like a friggen soap dodger - I was furious. Here are the supporters coming down on a bye - and you just stick the finger up you arrogant tosser.

Players dont give a shit - not one shit - nothing - zip - about playing in the reserves. Comment was made that it would be far, far more productive to not play and have an extra training session - HOLY CRAP.

Carlton is in a serious hole - far more than they are letting on - its time for another board spill I fear.

& a word of warning, Malthouse is not the answer.

If you look at his time at WC & Coll in his first few years, he came in, judged the players in his first year and then changed the list. He can't come in and automatically make Carlton a contender, he will more than likely pension off Judd and make major structural changes to their list.

I doubt Carlton supporters will have the patience for that.

If you look at his time at WC & Coll in his first few years, he came in, judged the players in his first year and then changed the list. He can't come in and automatically make Carlton a contender, he will more than likely pension off Judd and make major structural changes to their list.

Looking at what Sanderson has done at Adelaide in such a short time I can't help but think he'd do wonders with this Carlton team (obviously he's unavailable though)

I doubt that he will pension off Judd... Scotland and McLean maybe but not Judd. And I think that he would restructure the midfield a bit to get Robbo in there busting his guts to get the ball out to Judd.

I, for one, would have the patience for that, but I suspect that all the usual whinger blues supporters who are baying for Ratts and Sticks to be sacked would be baying for Malthouse's blood after 2 years of rebuilding. It's the problem with all these muppets that want instant gratification at a sporting club. It took Chelsea 10 years to finally win the champions league after having hundreds of millions of pounds thrown at getting in players.

Ratts came in, lifted the club off the bottom of the ladder... that was his job. It is time now to get in someone who can take the list we have and turn it into a premiership winning machine. Whether thats Malthouse or Roos... thats up to the club and I will live with their decision... hell... at the time, I thought that Pagan was an inspired selection... at the time.

What about the players?
Nah... it's never the player fault... you always have to blame the coach or the management if the players are too precious to put in the hard yards and win a game...

An unearned culture of entitlement settled in about 2 to 3 years ago when they started to assume they would be a top 4 team for years to come. The coach is doomed because as with Essendon a couple of years back in this day and age the sign of failure means a "fan strike" which used to be called softcocks jumping off the wagon at any club which "assumes entitlement" and that in turn means a financial hit.

The coach will not be in place for Round 1 2013. The threat to membership income wil see to that.

I keep hearing they have injuries, but apart from Murphy,Waite and Laidler, who else have I missed??

The talent is just not there and I am so happy about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is holding Carlton back more?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back