Universal Love Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club since and including 2000? WINNER: Max Gawn

Who has been the better player for Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wouldn’t have won the flag without Max’s leadership. He more than any other individual has been the catalyst for our resurgence from the direst of shit. I loved Neita, and I’m sure he’s a ripping bloke. Definitely more of a ‘yeah, nah good on the boys’ kind of leader though.

We wouldn’t have won the flag without Max’s leadership. He more than any other individual has been the catalyst for our resurgence from the direst of s**t. I loved Neita, and I’m sure he’s a ripping bloke. Definitely more of a ‘yeah, nah good on the boys’ kind of leader though.
I don't remember Neitz lying on the ground rubbing his head like a sook every time a player jumped on his back.

It would be true to say that it was usually Robbo using Neitz's head as a springboard before slotting one through... but my argument still stands!

The thing I just don’t get, posters that love and vote for Neita - hate Gawn. The posters that vote for Gawn also love Neita.
I blame Gawn for everything wrong with this club.

Would that cringe “turn up the volume” crap have happened without his hamishandandy mate? No.

Vote Neitz.
You’ve lost me toump. I never picked you for a hard campaigner under the movie-star, live and let live exterior. Just another footy club grunt at the end of the day. Disappointing.

The thing I just don’t get, posters that love and vote for Neita - hate Gawn. The posters that vote for Gawn also love Neita.

You’ve lost me toump. I never picked you for a hard campaigner under the movie-star, live and let live exterior. Just another footy club grunt at the end of the day. Disappointing.
It's best to read everything Toump posts as a pisstake.

Neitz was definitely the better captain imo. There's no way our current side would've gone out in straight sets for two consecutive years if he was our leader.

It's much harder to judge who the better player is though.

100% agree Neitz was a better captain.

Gawn is comfortably a better footballer though. Neitz is a club all time great, Gawn is an all time great across the league.

100% agree Neitz was a better captain.

Gawn is comfortably a better footballer though. Neitz is a club all time great, Gawn is an all time great across the league.
I have been a little piss takey in this thread but all time league great? Dunno about that.

That's your Wayne Careys, Leigh Matthews, Buddy franklins.

Gawn doesn't sit in that category

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club since and including 2000? WINNER: Max Gawn

Back