Who Is Your Choice For '05'

Remove this Banner Ad

For me:
I'd prefer Eade just over Wallace.

They were both the most tactically astute and innovative coaches of their time, and I favour eade marginally as a more attacking coach.

Until someone can give me a reason why Harvey or O'Donnell are likely not to be the next gieshen/brittain/drum, I am against a rookie coach. you just never know.

I hope it's NOT Wallace or Eade, yes they may be "tactically astute" but if you remember HOW their teams used to play you will recall that Eade developed the Flood - boring, Wallace also used flooding and his teams were the no 1 short kicking team in the AFL, both had styles that were going to win them a fair percentage of games but never a Premiership

I'm of the opinion the Crows will appoint Wallace, the board has given Craig the last 9 weeks to be able to say they tried him but he wasn't good enough(unless they win 6-7 games he will not be coaching next year)

Personally I'd like to see some fresh thinking from the board and perhaps try an untried coach or even something similar to St. Kilda in the manager style coach with the assistants actually taking more important roles

Originally posted by iceman21

Personally I'd like to see some fresh thinking from the board and perhaps try an untried coach or even something similar to St. Kilda in the manager style coach with the assistants actually taking more important roles

phew, I thought you were serious until you advocated a grant thomas style coach. maybe Ric Charlesworth is available?

I think its a big jump from being an assistant coach to being a senior coach. I reckon you still need that experience of being a senior coach at some level. Thats why I think Craig and Jonas would be in the mix. Both have experience as senior coaches at SANFL level and both have experience as assistant coaches at AFL level. O'Donnell and Harvey and the likes have never been in charge of a footy club and I think that will damage their chances.

And I still believe if Craig "does a Roos" the job is his.

Originally posted by Crow-mosone
For me:
I'd prefer Eade just over Wallace.

They were both the most tactically astute and innovative coaches of their time, and I favour eade marginally as a more attacking coach.

Until someone can give me a reason why Harvey or O'Donnell are likely not to be the next gieshen/brittain/drum, I am against a rookie coach. you just never know.

I prefer Wallace over Eade, but I agree that it has to be one of these two.

The Crows job in Adelaide puts the coach under the microscope, and I can't see the AFc gambling on a coach wothout AFL experienceas a senior coach.

A rookie coach would be a massive gamble and would blow up in their faces if the candidate proved to be a flop.

They just won't take that chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who Is Your Choice For '05'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back