Opinion Who is Your Favourite Hawk of All Time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodgey, Gibbo and Croady.

Always loved Crawf until he turned into a imbacile for close to 10 years and The memories of Buddy unfortunately have been completely tarnished at the moment.

Tony Woods!!!

Haha, no, Derm. I loved him as a kid. I loved how he dished it out and took no shit!!! Dunstall a very close second. If it got near him, he either marked or assisted someone. And a dead eye dick!! (I Think Gunner is going to be exactly like Jase)

Just not as grumpy as Jase.

craig hoyer...hands down!
closely followed by (in no particular order) piggy, the rat, mew, langers, changa, goo, hodgey, lewie, sammy, gibbo, crawfs, stewie dew, willo, ossie
in the coaching stakes (in no particular order) clarko, yabby, the russian and monky

Great question!

Being only young obviously I'd say one of the recent guys.

And that man is: Luke Hodge!

How this man is not recognized more by the football world is beyond me...
Amazing leader, hard as nails and with fantastic skills to boot. Plays the game exactly how it should be.

As a side note though, I would have loved to see the Golden Era of Hawthorn FC players

scaled.php

Dunstall, Dermie and Platten.....later Crawlford

Now if I had to put a number on my top it would be Hodge's. Roughy's and Cyril's would be ok too.

naa, it would still have to be no.19

Started really watching footy in mid to late eighties so my favourite few were Jarman, Pritchard, Platten, Dunstall and Dermie.

Honourable mentions to Buckenara, Hall, Mew, Langford, Lethal(can't really remember much though), Ayres, Crawf, Mitchell and Collins

I have an unashamed man crush on Luke Hodge and was a little distraught he gave my wife a kiss on the cheek and not me.

But thinking about it my all time favourite is Dermott Brereton. The amount of punishment his body took for our club in my time watching footy is unbelievable. He gave it as well and would always fly the flag on and off the field for the Hawthorn Football Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It shows age but John 'Bomber" Hendrie for me.

He was a favourite of mine too at the time, partly because he was some kind of second cousin apparently (well so my Nanna always said but I have never been able to work out the link :confused:).

Coincidently my current favourite wears the same number :) Close second to Schoey is Hodge, love Sam too, and Stratts, and Gunston... oh dear, so many favourites :oops: ;)

As a little kid growing up in Sydney you only got one game on 7 on a Saturday afternoon. The first Hawthorn player I could identify was (as Lou Richards would call him) "Big Alan Martello". He immediately became my favourite & I was shattered when he left to go to Richmond. Peter Knights would be my next fave, followed by Leigh Matthews, Dermie, Dunstall, Pritchard, Jarman, Hodge, Sewell & Buddy.

I'm ready to jump aboard the Heatherley & Tatupu bandwagon.

Dunstall, Dermie, Dipper, Crawf and Mitch for me.

My girls (4 & 5) are in love with Cyril aka "Sausage Sizzle" and Sammy (my 5yr old daughters prize possession is a photo of him giving her a big cuddle after training) :)

View attachment 33989

From the dirt in his hand to the blood dripping down his leg, nothing beats the Dipper in full flight down the outer wing at Waverley.

Where is everyone else? Dipper must have had the elbows out again.

I always wore Ayres number. Also loved 15 starting with Ben Allen and now Hodge. 11 has also always been a fav.

Hello all, this is my first post. Good a place as any to start!

Without doubt my all time favorite is Jason Dunstall. I have to sheepishly admit to being a tad obsessed with him for a few years, making a pilgrimage out to Coorparoo football ground when I went to Brisbane to watch him kick his 1000th goal. Yes, I actually did that. And was also quite overcome with emotion when he signed my copy of The Goal King "with love."

Ahem.

Since he retired, favourites have been Crawf, and probably can't split Hodgey, Rough and Mitch now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who is Your Favourite Hawk of All Time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back