Opinion Who is Your Favourite Hawk of All Time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Growing up in the eighties and being a backman playing Jnr footy I loved Chris Mew and would watch his every move on the ground
Other big favourites were Darrin Pritchard who never seemed to play a bad game and Ray Jencke who likewise was always dependable( not to mention I went to school with his sister who was smokin hot :) )

1. Matthews
2. Crawford
3. Hodge
4. Arthur
All champions (one the best ever), all captains, all premiers.

As far as cult status goes:
1. Jarman
2. Condon
3. T. Hall.

Sleepiest hawk:
1. J Hay.

I couldn't separate Lethal, Knightsy, the Kid and the Rat. Mort Arthur, Huddo and Bunghole are also right up there.
Of the current players, Mitchell, hodge and Rioli.

1 Shane Crawford
2.Tony Hall
3.Lance Franklin
4.Leigh Mathews
5.Cyril Rioli
6.Dermott Brereton
7.Peter Knights
8.John Platten
9.Gary Ayres
10.Ray Jencke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two:
Knightsy was the reason I chose to follow the HFC.
And then so awesome to read all those who acknowledge Mew. When I first saw the topic thread Chis Mew was where my mind strayed and to see so many others show him the love is brilliant! I remember maybe a time or so that Sticks got away from him, and that was about the only times for his career in terms of lowering his colors. He was SO FRICKIN RELIABLE. Brilliant set of hands, barely left the ground but seemed to always be in the right spot to outmark the opposition. And when he made the odd dash down the ground to support, get a handball through the middle and then unleash a torp 70 meters goalward....well, you couldn't stop smiling and knew a win was on the way.

Growing up in the eighties and being a backman playing Jnr footy I loved Chris Mew and would watch his every move on the ground
Other big favourites were Darrin Pritchard who never seemed to play a bad game and Ray Jencke who likewise was always dependable( not to mention I went to school with his sister who was smokin hot :) )

Ben Stratton reminds me of Ray Jencke.

Always loved Ayres myself

I forgot Micheal Tuck,i probably forgot others aswell!!!!
Was gunna say when I saw your top 10, you rate Hall and Jencke above Tuck?? Hall and Jencke were great, but come on! Glad you corrected yourself!

Looking at some of these, I still think Tuck is underrated, even by Hawthorn's own followers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who is Your Favourite Hawk of All Time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back