Who leaves for Draft Picks..

Remove this Banner Ad

Brief look at our list and this is what I am guessing about list later on in the year:

Retired:
Mattner
Bolton

Rookie elevation:
Rampe
X. Richards

Delist:
Biggs?

As Shaw may hang up the boots at the end of this year. Lamb and white also have the possibility to be traded or delisted

We also have Perris definitely coming on to the list as a rookie. So I think we will have at most 4 live picks end of year

Brief look at our list and this is what I am guessing about list later on in the year:

Retired:
Mattner
Bolton

Rookie elevation:
Rampe
X. Richards

Delist:
Biggs?

As Shaw may hang up the boots at the end of this year. Lamb and white also have the possibility to be traded or delisted

We also have Perris definitely coming on to the list as a rookie. So I think we will have at most 4 live picks end of year
Does Perris come on as a rookie?

Does Perris come on as a rookie?

Yup, through our scholarship programme from all accounts. Feel free to prove me wrong on this but from what I remember he is a scholarship holder and at most we will have to give up 1st round pick in rookie programme IIRC. Well worth it though. Kid is a great player

Yup, through our scholarship programme from all accounts. Feel free to prove me wrong on this but from what I remember he is a scholarship holder and at most we will have to give up 1st round pick in rookie programme IIRC. Well worth it though. Kid is a great player
Yeah I don't know what the go is with him but he is very highly rated and got second best for nsw the other day

It's a little too early for this isn't? Anyways..

Trade: Retire:
White (opportunities) Botlon
Lamb (opportunities) Shaw (Depending on Injury)

I'm not to familiar with the reserves, so I won't bother commenting on the delisting. Also, I genuinely think there's a chance Shaw may retire, as horrible as they may sound. He's at that age where he simply doesn't recover from injuries as well as younger players, his current injury may prove to be much. There's also a lot of talk of Mumford leaving, any truth behind this? I'd imagine we'd receive decent compensation, as he's a proven ruckmen will 4+ years left.

Trade:
White (Opportunities)
Lamb (Opportunities)

Retire:
Bolton
Shaw (Depending on injury)

I'm not familiar with the reserves, so I won't even bother commenting on the delisting's. I genuinely believe there's a chance Shaw may retire. He's simply too old to recover properly from serious injuries, as horrible as it may sound. I wouldn't be surprised if Shaw calls it a day.

I hope we hit the draft hard, like we usually do. We definitely need a KPD, whether we find him via the draft or trading. A few other flankers wouldn't hurt with the retirement of Mattner and potentially even Shaw.

It's a little too early for this isn't? Anyways..

Trade: Retire:
White (opportunities) Botlon
Lamb (opportunities) Shaw (Depending on Injury)

I'm not to familiar with the reserves, so I won't bother commenting on the delisting. Also, I genuinely think there's a chance Shaw may retire, as horrible as they may sound. He's at that age where he simply doesn't recover from injuries as well as younger players, his current injury may prove to be much. There's also a lot of talk of Mumford leaving, any truth behind this? I'd imagine we'd receive decent compensation, as he's a proven ruckmen will 4+ years left.

Agree it's early, I still have my eyes firmly set on the cup...

But I will admit I have a love of the draft and trade period.

Bolded seem the obvious ones and Shaw is definitely one who is a week by week proposition at the moment. With Mummy, no-one knows at the moment but a lot of speculation as to whether he will stay. think it is 70-30 out favour he will stay.

So Shaw, LRT and Bolton will retire. We'll trade Mumford and the rest of our depth players who finally seem to be coming good.

Ffs painful reading.

Pft DA.
Both Shaw and Bolton have a realistic chance of retiring (Can be said of any player especially with injury). LRT not so much. I honestly doubt that Mumford will request being traded. Wouldn't surprise me if Lamb and White request trades for more opportunity, we've had a very decent run scoring players that way ourselves.

It's all hypothetical anyhow. No harm, no foul in speculating surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I may, who is this Perris?

Highly rated NSW junior who is on our academy programme or scholarship programme or both (not sure). Good midfielder and plays as a toppie in some ressie games. Should be atleast rookied by us in the draft this year

Highly rated NSW junior who is on our academy programme or scholarship programme or both (not sure). Good midfielder and plays as a toppie in some ressie games. Should be atleast rookied by us in the draft this year
So he's virtually ours? If we choose to take him, of course.

I can imagine Jude going bananas about the idea of being rested. End up tackling the interchange gate umpire after rampaging through a kick to kick held outside the group by opposition supporters.

But a three game rest for the port/carlton/Melbourne game wouldn't be a bad idea for Jude. Then go nuts the last 10 weeks

If you include the bye that would make a 4 game "rest" and going by the philosophies of some on this board would mean that he would have to go back to the ressies and 'earn' his spot back ....

Pft DA.
Both Shaw and Bolton have a realistic chance of retiring (Can be said of any player especially with injury). LRT not so much. I honestly doubt that Mumford will request being traded. Wouldn't surprise me if Lamb and White request trades for more opportunity, we've had a very decent run scoring players that way ourselves.

It's all hypothetical anyhow. No harm, no foul in speculating surely?

With as you say the potential for Bolton to retire isn't this the perfect opportunity for Lamb to get a senior gig as I assume that he is next in line for the FWD/MID rotating player or will this be Rohan's role?

Personally and unfortunately for Morton I can see Rohan taking his position, the thought of Gaz forward pressure and then him playing at the feet of Tippett, Reid and a resting Ruckman is delicious.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Morton be traded before Lamb

LRT retire? We could just put him in a glass case case and put a sign up, "Break glass in case of finals". The only way he's retiring is if injury gets the bter of him, same with Shaw, though that is more likely. If I was White I'd want to go to the Bullies or Brisbane, they have no key forwards

To be honest I suspect there will be a couple of guys not quite in the best 22 who will request a trade or will be targeted by opposition clubs as that is what usually happens to successful sides. If GWS were smart they would go after one or two of our players in the 23 to 26 bracket (player ranking wise).

I thought GWS would pick up Bevan who is apparently playing well in the WAFL. Their strategy has been to hoard youth and from what Sheedy said the other day trade their picks from this year for a couple of mature players. Look out next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who leaves for Draft Picks..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back