Who should go for Cousins & Kerr to Swans?

Remove this Banner Ad

blood stained

Rookie
Aug 28, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Patrick Smith in today's The Australian mentions how Cousins and Kerr would be perfect fit for swans.

Would be great to get them both, even one of them would be great, they would appreciate being out of the spotlight in Sydney like Hally and Plugger. Cousins still has 2-3 years left maybe more and Kerr is only 25. We could start by giving them Nick Davis (he's already mentioned he'd like to play for them) and Roberts-Thomson can definitely go. Give them Luke Brennan too. Would need to give them 2-3 players and maybe draft pick.

Would certainly speed up our midfield. Imagine Cousins, Kerr, J.Bolton, Kirky, Fosdike (when fit). Together with the young blokes like Brabazon, Bird, and Jack. The ball supply to Hally, Micky O, O'Keefe, and Vespremi would be unreal.

what's the f***en point of going after cousins

face facts, we are not going to win a premiership in atleast the next 5 years... this season is the last roll of the dice

not every player can perform like robert harvey

kerr, is in a similar boat... will we win a premiership in 5 years, we'll probably hit our straps again by then (possibly)... and at the stage he'll be about 30... and who's to say he'll still stay with the club for another 5 seasons

case closed: answer NO! :thumbsdown:

Na West Coke want 2 top 10 picks for Kerr its never going to happen.
Cousins, well i dont know, its tough, a combination of baggage, match fitness (had hamstring issues when he last played), depriving a younger player on our list to get senior game time, age and pace etc..
All in all if we got Cousins for nothing then maybe yes, otherwise a big no..

i think they would be ideal.
we will still blood our younger kids coming thru, but we still need some quality experience out there, despite the talk of an aging group. And we are screaming out fro some speed in the midfield. I say yes, this could be a good move. We are not talking spida here, the guy was a physical risk right from the start, these guys would come in fit and firing, at least physically, and we've shown in the past that problem child syndrome can be turned around at Sydney.

Of course quality players are wanted at the club, but every player comes with a cost, and I think in the case of Kerr, it's going to be too much. We need to invest our draft picks in up and coming players, who may one day rise to the status of a Kerr.

Cousins is too old and we would have to give up too much to get Kerr.

Cousins too old, jeez. Ok, so we dont want to keep stacking the group with 30+, but with Matthews, Crouch, Spida, Leo and co all unlikely to take part or much part next year, I dont see a problem.

Cousins too old, jeez. Ok, so we dont want to keep stacking the group with 30+, but with Matthews, Crouch, Spida, Leo and co all unlikely to take part or much part next year, I dont see a problem.

if we don't want to see those 30+

why would we want to see cousins at 30 at the club

the sydney football club, is not a retirement home... we do not want to kill the old guys and replace them with new old guys

we want to replace the old ones and replace them with young guys

if we don't want to see those 30+

why would we want to see cousins at 30 at the club

the sydney football club, is not a retirement home... we do not want to kill the old guys and replace them with new old guys

we want to replace the old ones and replace them with young guys

we are far from a retirement home. i think you may have cow fever. The likes of cousin and Kerr are in a league of their own when comparing to Matthews, Crouch etc. I am not suggesting to replace older players with the same calibre, I am talking about keeping or replacing a few older players with superior calibre. Even to lose the likes of Fosdike and Buchannan for Cousins and Kerr would be an improvement.

I've changed my mind about Cousins, I think no. At his best he may make the difference between finishing 10th-12th or inside the 8. But if we can't win a premiership anyway, I'd actualy rather finish 12th but with a team full of players who are only going to get better.

Kerr is a potential loose cannon, but a great great player and only 25. The longevity of Kirk and Bolton is now an issue for the Swans and I dont think we've have any midfielders in that mid-20s age bracket do we (who can also assume a leadership role)? Gotta have mature bodies and minds in the midfiield. Interesting. Worth thinking about.

we will still need to develop the likes of Jack, Bird, Moore, Barlow, Thornton etc. Together with Kirk, Bolton, McVeigh, Buchannan, Bevan, Cousins, Kerr, we'd have a thumping midfield, which has been our greatest weakness this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans have been clever to pick up rejects unwanted or out of favour picks... when the rest of the core had lots of miles left on the clock.

Kerr won't get 2 first rounders but is NOT worth our potential star first rounder!
(eg I prefer Pat-ential Vezsupremi:D) .

Cousins has been out of the game for effectively 2 yrs.. shades of Carey about him! He will still be a good average player but wouldn't have the role or adoration he had at WCE

PASS! Take our medicine and pick wisely AND only trade for GOOD value with at least 5 yrs left on the clock! Lets picks for someone who might be the core of the next decade!

This is like buying used cars:

One out of wrecking yard but maybe only has 2 yrs running left, the other prime but likely needs major computer control system overhaul.
Both souped up hot rods, both have previously overheated blown engines, temperamental hot and cold, wheels have been known to fall off at times!
Good for flashy street drags ocasionally ! Nice paint jobs but won't make it to tow the rest the destination FLAG!
Nor add a lot to the reliable cortina fleet when they are retired no one left!... to tow Kerr around!

Nice one C! (although I think Kerr may look like a souped-up hotrod but actually performs like a Porsche)

haha:thumbsu:

Well probably!!!!.... but a top line expensive one at that!!!

Only buy them when the Mrs already has a newish Merc Convertible, all the kids are comfortably fitted out with quality, the LTD family sedan, the Range rover 4wd and all the others in the shed... with lots of miles left on their clocks!

....then can afford the luxury of a pose value vee-hickle!

Patrick Smith in today's The Australian mentions how Cousins and Kerr would be perfect fit for swans.

Would be great to get them both, even one of them would be great, they would appreciate being out of the spotlight in Sydney like Hally and Plugger. Cousins still has 2-3 years left maybe more and Kerr is only 25. We could start by giving them Nick Davis (he's already mentioned he'd like to play for them) and Roberts-Thomson can definitely go. Give them Luke Brennan too. Would need to give them 2-3 players and maybe draft pick.

Would certainly speed up our midfield. Imagine Cousins, Kerr, J.Bolton, Kirky, Fosdike (when fit). Together with the young blokes like Brabazon, Bird, and Jack. The ball supply to Hally, Micky O, O'Keefe, and Vespremi would be unreal.

please tell me why would would give away 2 6ft+ defenders?

because we have so many to choose from? there are heaps floating around for trade/draft :confused:

Nobody. We are finished for this period in time, we don't need washed up 30 year-olds. Incase you didn't notice we've got Everitt, Kirk, Hall, O'Loughlin, Barry, Crouch, Mathews, Goodes, Fosdike, J Bolton, Davis, C Bolton, O'Keefe, Kennelly and Jolly all 27+ and heading towards the end of their careers. We need to offload some of our others and possibly a few above that still have trade value, and stock up on second and third rounders for the next two drafts cause it's going to be a real struggle to stock up on young talent when the GC and WS franchises enter the competition.

SS.

would much rather see us pick up Brent Prismall, who might well be traded off by geelong. A solid young midfielder with good skills who would be a standout in any other side but geelong.
Kerr would not be worth 2 first round draft picks.

Cousins is a washed up druggy we shouldn't be wasting time with signing him and he's old as for Kerr i would try to sign him

Remove this Banner Ad

Who should go for Cousins & Kerr to Swans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back