Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?
Will likely pan out much the same as 2022. Very hot start by Carlton, Pies finding their rhythm after looking untidy. Flip spots on the latter half way through the year and Carlton will miss finals

Thought you were one of the reasonable ones that could actually be somewhat unbiased.

I promise you not even your own coach would prefer Cox over Curnow in a final.
I'd take McKay over Cox in a final but not Charlie

Has to find a way to impact the game more in tight spaces

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Castagna never had a memorable finals performance. Drawing a long bow there
Not memorable to you and yet he was still selected in pretty much every final because he played an important role for them.

Not everyone gets celebrated like a hero for playing one good game every thirty.

Turned back to a full blown troll like a couple of others in here
They can't cop facts mate, seriously soft - just like their pin-up boy the ballerina.

a litel shimmy there a little skirty twirl here avoid a contest here there and everywhere....deflect and when all that doesn't work whine away in their forum and cry about criticising one of their players on social media....

cry babies - hand em a bucket.

Will likely pan out much the same as 2022. Very hot start by Carlton, Pies finding their rhythm after looking untidy. Flip spots on the latter half way through the year and Carlton will miss finals

Yeah, well that's one opinion, similar to us missing finals last year and finishing 11th

I think it's good we have banked 3 wins from 3

Pies have some work to do to get back in positive territory

Well goes well with my username

But, if we are using flags as a measure of a footballer, I guess even Brandon Ellis is a better player than anyone on your current list, of any in the last 6 decades

#amidoingitright
Alright let’s backtrack since you’re getting confused

No Pies supporter claimed Mason cox is better than Charlie Curnow

Carlton fan makes unsubstantiated claim than Carlton would have won the grand final had they made it
Pies fan refutes dubious claim
Carlton troll responds with “Charlie would have kicked 5 on Curnow at 30%”
Pies fan responds with unflattering statistics of Curnow in the preceding finals
Carlton fan claims unfair since it was his first finals series
Pies fan responds with Mason Cox’s first finals series, which a player the calibre of Curnow should be able to replicate
Blues trolls lose it

They can't cop facts mate, seriously soft - just like their pin-up boy the ballerina.

a litel shimmy there a little skirty twirl here avoid a contest here there and everywhere....deflect and when all that doesn't work whine away in their forum and cry about criticising one of their players on social media....

cry babies - hand em a bucket.
The GOAT clown argument

Remember when little princess Nicki Daicos did this with 5 minutes to go with a premiership on the line?

Only wins a hard ball against one of the best contested mids of the generation, feeds off, bolts to half-forward, gets the follow up and assists the game changing goal.

IMG_2842.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So back to the start, Ellis and Castagna are better players than anyone on the Pies list

Crazy isn't it
I never made the claim Cox is better than Curnow. As a matter of fact - once again, nobody did. One Pies fan said he'd rather Cox in a final and had a reason for it. I don't agree with the call.

I'd rather Luke Hodge in a grand final than Gary Ablett. I don't think he was a better player.

Cox has 2 goals in his last 6 finals
Curnow has 3 goals in his last 3 finals

Not seeing why a final in 2018 is relevant to 2024...
Once more, this does not counter the argument.

I said Charlie had an underwhelming 2023 finals series. Blues fan (can't remember who, don't really care) responded "it's only his first finals" as if he's a 20 year old twig. I countered by saying Mason Cox who is a laughing stock to your supporters was not overwhelmed and played a sensational final and overall solid first finals series.

I never made the claim Cox is better than Curnow. As a matter of fact - once again, nobody did. One Pies fan said he'd rather Cox in a final and had a reason for it. I don't agree with the call.

I'd rather Luke Hodge in a grand final than Gary Ablett. I don't think he was a better player.

Once more, this does not counter the argument.

I said Charlie had an underwhelming 2023 finals series. Blues fan (can't remember who, don't really care) responded "it's only his first finals" as if he's a 20 year old twig. I countered by saying Mason Cox who is a laughing stock to your supporters was not overwhelmed and played a sensational final and overall solid first finals series.
When I said it was his first finals series I meant that the sample size isn't big enough for us to say he can't perform.

Happen to recall Jeremy Cameron having a bad finals record until he tore Collingwood a new a**hole in 2022 and went on to win the flag

Happen to recall Jeremy Cameron having a bad finals record until he tore Collingwood a new a**hole in 2022 and went on to win the flag
I'm not surprised that you recall that, since it's incorrect. It's not hard to do basic 30 second research.

2016 - kicks 4.4 in his debut final against the minor premiers. He took 6 marks inside 50, no other key forward had more than 1.
2018 - best performed key forward in a slog against Sydney away from home.
2019 - monstrous 25 and 2.3 in elimination final, followed up by back to back 3 goal games away from home to Brisbane and Collingwood, the latter a tough slog in the wet. Was one of the few Giants to have a presence in the grand final.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Cox has 2 goals in his last 6 finals
Curnow has 3 goals in his last 3 finals

Not seeing why a final in 2018 is relevant to 2024...
Cox played pretty well in last year's finals too, he's a proven performer

There are 3 things that happen in finals that don't suit Charlie:

1. Elite opposition defenders
2. Those defenders can get away with more
3. Ball comes in ugly

If Charlie gets a run at a ball that comes in quickly he's very hard to stop, probably the best in the game at timing a leap and marking, but you don't get much of that in tight finals, and this is where his lack of height gets exposed, in the big packs

Cox on the other hand loves finals, he was born to play them and that extra height sure comes in handy especially late in the game

Cox played pretty well in last year's finals too, he's a proven performer

There are 3 things that happen in finals that don't suit Charlie:

1. Elite opposition defenders
2. Those defenders can get away with more
3. Ball comes in ugly

If Charlie gets a run at a ball that comes in quickly he's very hard to stop, probably the best in the game at timing a leap and marking, but you don't get much of that in tight finals, and this is where his lack of height gets exposed, in the big packs

Cox on the other hand loves finals, he was born to play them and that extra height sure comes in handy especially late in the game

Charlie has beaten elite opposition defenders and has had to deal with some poor ball movement from Carlton in both 2022 and 2023. Once again I just don't see enough of a sample to show that Curnow can't perform in finals.

On Cox his last two finals series have not been strong imo and neither have his home and away seasons. If you take away that one 2018 performance I personally don't think Cox would be in the AFL atm

Not sure who you are referring to?

Over the last 3 years - 2021, 2022, 2023 - not only three players kicked 150+, TomaHawk, Cameron and Tex Walker.

Do tell who the dominant key forwards have been if it aint the 3 who have kicked 150 goals?

Comprehension fail.
Mihocek is umpired like a regular dominant key forward, he has to be mauled to get a free.

It is just pointing out FACTS.

Only two key forwards avg 1.5 frees per game and received more than 30 frees in 2023 - Charlie and Harry.

No conspiracy, just a fact that they get more frees than all other key forwards.

Comprehension fail again.

Walshy stats show that Charlie kicked more goals from frees than all other forwards, as you would expect when he gets more frees than all other key forwards.

Sounds like you might need to watch a few non-Carlton games to see how most key forwards are actually umpired.
Read the first part of this rubbish and just laughed. Fancy going back three years just so you could count a year that Charlie pretty much didn't play. Let me riddle you this. How may players in the AFL have kicked 145 goals in the last two years (2022 & 2023)? Go on, you know the answer.

Once you get so pathetic to try and include years where a player was injured to try and make an argument against them you will probably understand why I didn't bother with the rest.

Read the first part of this rubbish and just laughed. Fancy going back three years just so you could count a year that Charlie pretty much didn't play. Let me riddle you this. How may players in the AFL have kicked 145 goals in the last two years (2022 & 2023)? Go on, you know the answer.

Once you get so pathetic to try and include years where a player was injured to try and make an argument against them you will probably understand why I didn't bother with the rest.
I'll take this one for ya doppleganger , sleep well mate

He very clearly responded to a CARLTON supporter who said this:

Dominant key forwards in 'recent times' and you exclude teh best two forwards in teh game over teh last 3 years? I mean really?

I'll take this one for ya doppleganger , sleep well mate

He very clearly responded to a CARLTON supporter who said this:
And yet hasn't responded to these clear facts...
The funniest part of this whole Curnow topic is roughly 28.2% of his free kicks came against Collingwood in the two match-ups last year.
  • Averaged 5.50 free kicks per game in the 2 matches against Darcy Moore
  • Averaged 1.17 free kicks per game in the 24 other matches he played in 2023.
So it's either an umpire conspiracy in just Collingwood games for some reason OR more likely Darcy Moore has struggled to defend Charlie Curnow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back