Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cox played pretty well in last year's finals too, he's a proven performer

There are 3 things that happen in finals that don't suit Charlie:

1. Elite opposition defenders
2. Those defenders can get away with more
3. Ball comes in ugly

If Charlie gets a run at a ball that comes in quickly he's very hard to stop, probably the best in the game at timing a leap and marking, but you don't get much of that in tight finals, and this is where his lack of height gets exposed, in the big packs

Cox on the other hand loves finals, he was born to play them and that extra height sure comes in handy especially late in the game

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If so how did he kick 6 goals on Moore last year? Is it that Darcy isn't an elite defender?

Mason Cox has played in 12 finals games and averaged 8 touches in each of those games (which is less than his home and away average). He has kicked 10 goals at an average of 0.83 goals per game. That hardly screams elite finals player to me let alone that he was born to play them. Lucky he has that extra height at the end of the finals though - god only knows how poor his figures would be without that.

I'll happily cop that Moore has 3 or 4 forwards that regularly cause problems, and Charlie is one of them. Darcy needs to play tighter and not wrap his arms around so easily.
And so when you take those two games away his average frees for in 2023 falls to 1.17 per game which would put him outside of the top 75 players in the comp for frees kicks per game in 2023

I'll take this one for ya doppleganger , sleep well mate

He very clearly responded to a CARLTON supporter who said this:
Lucky you took that.

I'll try and explain it for you in easy words. It is sad that the poster tried to include 2021 in the figures to make Charlie look bad (as in he's not one of the three players to kick 150 goals in the last 3 years). He knows full well that Charlie was out injured for the vast majority of 2021 . So the 3 forwards he mentions all had a chance to kick 50'ish of their 150 in 2021 whist Charlie didn't.

However in 2022 & 2023 Charlie has kicked 145 goals. Clearly the most in the league.

It's a bit pathetic to use a year that a player couldn't play as part of an argument as to why he isn't the most prolific forward. It would be as ridiculous as me saying that Jamie Elliott was one of the worst forwards in the comp between 202016 - 2018 because he only kicked 34 goals in that time whilst knowing full well that he didn't play in 2016 or 2018.

Might be best you not take it from here.

Lucky you took that.

I'll try and explain it for you in easy words. It is sad that the poster tried to include 2021 in the figures to make Charlie look bad (as in he's not one of the three players to kick 150 goals in the last 3 years). He knows full well that Charlie was out injured for the vast majority of 2021 . So the 3 forwards he mentions all had a chance to kick 50'ish of their 150 in 2021 whist Charlie didn't.

However in 2022 & 2023 Charlie has kicked 145 goals. Clearly the most in the league.

It's a bit pathetic to use a year that a player couldn't play as part of an argument as to why he isn't the most prolific forward. It would be as ridiculous as me saying that Jamie Elliott was one of the worst forwards in the comp between 202016 - 2018 because he only kicked 34 goals in that time whilst knowing full well that he didn't play in 2016 or 2018.

They have zero interest in making a sustainable argument and even run away from their own 'arguments' when presented with facts...

trolls are trolls

And so when you take those two games away his average frees for in 2023 falls to 1.17 per game which would put him outside of the top 75 players in the comp for frees kicks per game in 2023
And there is no conspiracy - from memory Darcy infringed on every occasion. The umpires aren't pulling frees out of their asses. The only ones that might be deemed unfair are the couple of occasions they have good a piece of each other, in which a free either way is not just.

Lucky you took that.

Yeah lot of blah blah that doesn't hold much relevance.

JustABattler claims McKay and Curnow are the two best forwards of the last three years
Doppleganger refutes claim with numbers to prove, they are not in fact the best two of the last three years

3 years is a measurement chosen by the Blues supporter to support his argument. Doppleganger presents the figures of the last 3 years to disprove the call.

Curnow has an argument for being one of the best key forwards of the last three years. McKay stakes no claim.

They have zero interest in making a sustainable argument and even run away from their own 'arguments' when presented with facts...

trolls are trolls
One player has kicked a goal in more than 50 consecutive games including finals, and the other player has been dropped by their footy side on more than one occasion due to performance during their illustrious career
Now I will let the masses try and guess who, out of Cox and Curnow, has done what.

GO !

The GOAT clown argument

Remember when little princess Nicki Daicos did this with 5 minutes to go with a premiership on the line?

Only wins a hard ball against one of the best contested mids of the generation, feeds off, bolts to half-forward, gets the follow up and assists the game changing goal.

View attachment 1948839
I don't recall that so called piece of history. Is it as famous as this ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240403_231555_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240403_231555_Photos.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 6
One player has kicked a goal in more than 50 consecutive games including finals, and the other player has been dropped by their footy side on more than one occasion due to performance during their illustrious career
Now I will let the masses try and guess who, out of Cox and Curnow, has done what.

GO !
One player has separated finals matches for his club and has a premiership medallion, and the other is Charlie Curnow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mason Cox v. Charlie Curnow - never thought it would create such an interesting and heated debate!

Meanwhile, in the Daicos thread, we're discussing him with Bunton Snr, Coleman, Lockett, etc.

Wowee!

Mason Cox v. Charlie Curnow - never thought it would create such an interesting and heated debate!

Meanwhile, in the Daicos thread, we're discussing him with Bunton Snr, Coleman, Lockett, etc.

Wowee!
Pull up .
The daicos thread warrants the discussion with Bunton, Coleman and Lockett because that's what Level Daicos needs to get to , to even be considered the GOAT
Cox v Curnow - it's not even a contest and you know it.
Edit- actually, its not even a contest with Daicos and the hall of famers either . He is that far off the pace it's a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back