Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Collingwood was a powerhouse ?
All games in Adelaide are sold out with the exception of 1 match - Collingwood v Hawthorn
Pathetic
Hawks supporters work so cant stay in Adelaide for Sunday twilight.
Or expecting to be destroyed due to injury.

Dominant key forwards in 'recent times' and you exclude teh best two forwards in teh game over teh last 3 years? I mean really?
Not sure who you are referring to?

Over the last 3 years - 2021, 2022, 2023 - not only three players kicked 150+, TomaHawk, Cameron and Tex Walker.

Do tell who the dominant key forwards have been if it aint the 3 who have kicked 150 goals?

I lostmycheque is now Charlie Curnow or Harry McKay - if only ...LOL got a tinfoil hat on?
Comprehension fail.
Mihocek is umpired like a regular dominant key forward, he has to be mauled to get a free.
Sorry I dont subscribe to your conspiracy theory about Carlton forwards being favored by the AFL ....and every umpire is crooked when it comes to both of them or Charlie is hopeless since he gets treated like kid gloves or Charlie gets all his goals from frees-
It is just pointing out FACTS.

Only two key forwards avg 1.5 frees per game and received more than 30 frees in 2023 - Charlie and Harry.

No conspiracy, just a fact that they get more frees than all other key forwards.
why? the numbers show he not only kicks more goals than anyone else ( when Harry isnt busy doing same) but he also kicks less of HIS total goals from frees than other forwards..
Comprehension fail again.

Walshy stats show that Charlie kicked more goals from frees than all other forwards, as you would expect when he gets more frees than all other key forwards.
LOL comparing him to known snipers like Lynch or blokes so old they can jump anymore like Hawkins or blokes like Cameron who are rarely in front of goals wrestling with the big defenders - watch some games maybe..
Sounds like you might need to watch a few non-Carlton games to see how most key forwards are actually umpired.

The same Charlie that was running at 80% for three goals in three finals?

Big finals overwhelm some players. They're not for everybody.
Making this claim after someone's first finals campaign is bizarre. But sering what Collingwood fans have said about Curnow in here in the past it doesn't surprise me.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Carlton supporters think they would have had any fuel left in the tank if they fluked a win against the Lions

Would have been a 2019 or 22-like bloodbath

One of the great shames was not seeing Carlton get up that day
Since you like being schooled by the (self proclaimed <cough cough>) great fudgeymatician and his abacus....who thinks what happened yesterday is going have a bearing on what happens today - lets go with his nonsense and ask him this question

1. "when was the last time that Collingwood beat Carlton in a grandfinal - lets say - ever like in all time over the long term you know not yesterday or last week but in the history of the Clubs ; and then ask him you know for s*its and giggles \
2. "what exactly is the score line in all grand finals played - not anything else since that is all bye teh bye tiddlewinks stuff- but you know in grand finals- what is the score lien between the Clubs?"

and then come back to me - chest puffer.

as fudgeymatics likes to say

GO.

Over the last 3 years - 2021, 2022, 2023 - not only three players kicked 150+, TomaHawk, Cameron and Tex Walker.

Do tell who the dominant key forwards have been if it aint the 3 who have kicked 150 goals?

Comprehension fail.
Mihocek is umpired like a regular dominant key forward, he has to be mauled to get a free.

Only two key forwards avg 1.5 frees per game and received more than 30 frees in 2023 - Charlie and Harry.

No conspiracy, just a fact that they get more frees than all other key forwards.

Walshy stats show that Charlie kicked more goals from frees than all other forwards, as you would expect when he gets more frees than all other key forwards.

Sounds like you might need to watch a few non-Carlton games to see how most key forwards are actually umpired.
tldr; buzz off minnow

Comprehension fail.

The funniest part of this whole Curnow topic is roughly 28.2% of his free kicks came against Collingwood in the two match-ups last year.
  • Averaged 5.50 free kicks per game in the 2 matches against Darcy Moore
  • Averaged 1.17 free kicks per game in the 24 other matches he played in 2023.
So it's either an umpire conspiracy in just Collingwood games for some reason OR more likely Darcy Moore has struggled to defend Charlie Curnow...

The funniest part of this whole Curnow topic is roughly 28.2% of his free kicks came against Collingwood in the two match-ups last year.
  • Averaged 5.50 free kicks per game in the 2 matches against Darcy Moore
  • Averaged 1.17 free kicks per game in the 24 other matches he played in 2023.
So it's either an umpire conspiracy in just Collingwood games for some reason OR more likely Darcy Moore has struggled to defend Charlie Curnow...
I'm bookmarking this - saves retyping facts to those who choose not to read or add. I'll (of course) give you credit as I do with Fudgey when I quote him.

Since you like being schooled by the (self proclaimed <cough cough>) great fudgeymatician and his abacus....who thinks what happened yesterday is going have a bearing on what happens today - lets go with his nonsense and ask him this question

1. "when was the last time that Collingwood beat Carlton in a grandfinal - lets say - ever like in all time over the long term you know not yesterday or last week but in the history of the Clubs ; and then ask him you know for s*its and giggles \
2. "what exactly is the score line in all grand finals played - not anything else since that is all bye teh bye tiddlewinks stuff- but you know in grand finals- what is the score lien between the Clubs?"

GO.
How pathetic.

Supporter of a team that hasn't got near a Grand Final for two decades challenging the supporter of the reigning premier.

Oh boy.

Making this claim after someone's first finals campaign is bizarre. But sering what Collingwood fans have said about Curnow in here in the past it doesn't surprise me.
What’s first finals campaign matter for? Mason Cox destroyed the super Richmond defence in an upset preliminary final. Why couldn’t King Charles do similar?

GO.
Try English

What’s first finals campaign matter for? Mason Cox destroyed the super Richmond defence in an upset preliminary final. Why couldn’t King Charles do similar?
Curnow has done what Mason Cox has done in 3 games of his career consistently since he returned from injury. There is no comparison between them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curnow has done what Mason Cox has done in 3 games of his career consistently since he returned from injury. There is no comparison between them
True there is no comparison

Charlie has kicked 3 goals in finals

Cox has kicked 3 goals in a QUARTER in finals... TWICE!!

Good home and away player is Charlie but in finals I'm taking USA , big game player

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

True there is no comparison

Charlie has kicked 3 goals in finals

Cox has kicked 3 goals in a QUARTER in finals... TWICE!!

Good home and away player is Charlie but in finals I'm taking USA
emoji631.png
, big game player
emoji106.png

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thought you were one of the reasonable ones that could actually be somewhat unbiased.

I promise you not even your own coach would prefer Cox over Curnow in a final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back