Banter Who will be better in 2025, Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree he didn't have his best year in 24' but C-grader is absurd. I have been consistent on us needing to unlock him a bit more with increased responsibilities for Boyd.
Rating players as A/B/C graders is only useful if we understand those players rated around them.

A player who is a C Grader to one person, may be a B Grader to another, and a D Grader to another.

I would love to see Carlton supporters' relative ratings of the Carlton and Collingwood listed players as A/B/C/D/E Graders.

Who is willing to take the challenge?

Rating players as A/B/C graders is only useful if we understand those players rated around them.

A player who is a C Grader to one person, may be a B Grader to another, and a D Grader to another.

I would love to see Carlton supporters' relative ratings of the Carlton and Collingwood listed players as A/B/C/D/E Graders.

Who is willing to take the challenge?
I think grading players with letter grades achieves nothing. Everyone has the right to their opinion ofc. I just vehemently disagree that Saad is an average player.

How many players at Carlton would you have ahead of him?
Cripps, Weitering, Curnow, McKay, TDK, Walsh and Cerra the only clear ones ahead imo with a few others like Newman, Acres, E.Hollands, McGovern, Hewett all around the mark. A fit Williams/Docherty would be in that group as well.

Cripps, Weitering, Curnow, McKay, TDK, Walsh and Cerra the only clear ones ahead imo with a few others like Newman, Acres, E.Hollands, McGovern, Hewett all around the mark. A fit Williams/Docherty would be in that group as well.
OK. So he's somewhere between the 8th and 16th best player at Carlton, and you're suggesting someone who has a view of him as a C-Grader is 'absurd'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You responded to a post of me refuting that Boyd was not AFL standard...
My comment - 'a classic example of someone watching the game from a stats sheet' - was on the article that stated Boyd was 'comfortably' the best kick in the competition coming out of the backline, because it was '30 percent above expectation'.

Johnny 'F' Noble had a better 2024 than Saad.
That's why I'd love to see a Carlton supporter's view on player gradings from our respective teams.

Because apparently all Collingwood's fringe best 22 players - Cox, WHE, Lipinski, etc. - are absolute duds, whilst there aren't many players on Carlton's list who are worse than C Graders.

2024 - Saad* v JFN - Compare the pair.

*Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance and should never be the sole factor considered when determining the grading of a running small defender.

View attachment 2153303
But we do know the Carlton folk love a contested mark, and Saad averaged twice as many contested marks as JFN (subject to rounding)...

Last edited:
2024 - Saad* v JFN - Compare the pair.

*Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance and should never be the sole factor considered when determining the grading of a running small defender.

View attachment 2153303
Comparing any player using stats like this is ridiculous. Especially the case for defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Who will be better in 2025, Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back