Who will be the last team to be beaten by GC and GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

I
Hi guys,

Established teams that Gold Coast have beaten (in order):
#1 - Port Adelaide
#2 - Brisbane Lions
#3 - Richmond
#4 - Carlton
#5 - St Kilda
#6 - Melbourne

Established teams that GWS Giants have beaten (in order):
#1 - Port Adelaide

I'll say Geelong, as they are consistently good and they will get these sides at Skilled Stadium rather than Etihad or the G.

Will go with Essendon being the last standing (are you alive as long as neither GC or GWS has beaten you?)

As long as you haven't lost to either GC or GWS, you are 'alive' ;)

This means that Port Adelaide are the only team that are out for the count.

Pointless thread

With the supreme talent on both club's lists and their gradual gaining of experience, it's not as though club will take decades to become serious contenders.

It will all change in a hurry. (A bit like Guy McKenna's "tide" analogy)

There will be half a dozen clubs who remain unbeaten against both for the next few years, but then in the space of 1 or 2 years, there won't be anyone.

What about the record between GC and GWS? Have they both beaten each other yet?

That apart, established teams....last team for GC will be Essendon. Last team for GWS will be Melbourne.

There's a post to bookmark and get back to me on, I'll be right yet again :p

Still confident about that one after Gold Coast smashed Melbourne by 10 goals at the MCG yesterday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still confident about that one after Gold Coast smashed Melbourne by 10 goals at the MCG yesterday?
Even more confident. Gold Coast ain't a half-bad team. GWS is a rabble. And some teams seem to just have the wood on others despite their position on the ladder. I have a strong feeling that team is Melbourne for the GWS.

I am fairly confident that we will beat Western Bulldogs this week.

GWS will be waiting a fair while before they claim scalp #2.

-- Also, what kind of anomaly does the fact that Fremantle's 'last-first win' was in 2000 against Port suggest? considering that Port were the new team, and Fremantle had two less seasons to clock up their first win against them compared to each other team.
Fremantle were a walking anomaly when they first came in. I mean, with the new teams now we all know they're not really trying but Fremantle in the 90s had to keep coming up with more and more bizarre ways to underachieve.

How long did it take Brisbane (Bears) to notch up a win against everyone?

Fremantle Round 6 1996, but they had only played them once before that.

Their fellow 1987 starters the Eagles, Round 2 1996.

Teams established prior to them - they had Essendon and Collingwood left to beat when they knocked them off in consecutive weeks Round 13 and 14 1994.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Melbourne will not be the last team to lose to GWS.
The AFL are trying to create this artificial rivalry between Sydney and GWS, but really I'd say that Melbourne and GWS are beginning to develop a bit of a rivalry, all starting with the Tom Scully drama.

I was thinking that it would be Port, who have a younger list than Gold Coast and not much older than GWS, and they look like they're on the way up.

But then I remembered that Port have already lost to both expansion teams. And I laughed, and I laughed and I laughed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be the last team to be beaten by GC and GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back