Who will Challenge Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

salary-cap.gif

Probably got more room in ours than your club actually but proceed...

Probably got more room in ours than your club actually but proceed...

You're right, they'll all go on and take massive pay cuts and not lose anyone, as we've all been told by Pies fans. :thumbsu:

why would the pies need to take massive pay cuts? they don't have any stars according to the rest of the football world so they are already getting paid over the odds just to ensure the pies pay the required % of the salary cap

I love this. We have now accomplished what you accomplished - a premiership. Except yours was with players like Dew (who won that game for you), Croad, Campbell and Crawford who no longer play. Except yours was not expected - you were not the best side all season, maybe in the finals series, but not all year. Except given all the talk about how young you were, we were, and are now still, younger. Except yours was two years ago.

I admire Hawthorn, but I've never quite understood why their fans somehow still believe everyone is still afraid of them - they weren't in 2008 - they all feared Geelong a lot more - they surely weren't in 2009, and they definitely weren't in 2010. What makes you people believe everyone is still scared of you?

Hawthorn supporters have more excuses than anyone.

Lol.

dumb post, all teams fear other teams for one reason or another, people don't fear the hawks anymore than they fear any other team.

as for who will challenge collingwood, probably the same teams that had wins or came close this year, if they continue to play the same footy.

Another point, all this looking into the crystal ball stuff is just a wank for people to go 'gee we are gonna be great next year' when the reality is we have absolutely no idea what will happen! people should word there threads more carefully so that they are suggestions rather than statements of fact. please use words like 'might' 'should' 'probably' 'could' 'possibly' and use 'if'....

You're right, they'll all go on and take massive pay cuts and not lose anyone, as we've all been told by Pies fans. :thumbsu:

Are we talking about next year mate?

Every single one of our players bar three (L.Brown, J.Fraser & T.Goldsack) are already on existing contracts.

Subtract the wages of O'Bree, Rusling, Medhurst, Lockyer (Fraser will most likely be gone also) and replace them with 1st year players/rookies.... We will most likely be paying less next year than we did this year.

But it sounded like a cool story didn't it broheim! :thumbsu:

why would the pies need to take massive pay cuts? they don't have any stars according to the rest of the football world so they are already getting paid over the odds just to ensure the pies pay the required % of the salary cap

just because the rest of the footy world thinks that collingwood is full of duds doesn't mean that the collingwood players don't think they are good... they did just win a premiership and can hence ask for more money, they had to have being doing something right....

Are we talking about next year mate?

Every single one of our players bar three (L.Brown, J.Fraser & T.Goldsack) are already on existing contracts.

Subtract the wages of O'Bree, Rusling, Medhurst, Lockyer (Fraser will most likely be gone also) and replace them with 1st year players/rookies.... We will most likely be paying less next year than we did this year.

But it sounded like a cool story didn't it broheim! :thumbsu:

Bit of depth being lost there though. A few injuries and you've got 1st,2nd year players coming in instead of these guys. I agree youll be ok with the cap for next year at least.

There's no one reason why teams dont go back to back its alot of little ones.

A few players retire, teams start to figure out your gameplan, a couple of players get ahead of themselves, teams lift cos they are playing the premiers, news rules come in usually to stop something the better teams are doing eg the sub.( 5 more minutes on the ground per player gonna mean a few holes in the forward press ). Add an injury or 2 and its suddenly alot harder.

once u add all these things up it can make a big difference.

remebering r22 I thought the pies tried a bit harder than usbut were wayward in goalkicking.

We celebrated because it was a likely a lst home game and it seemed like we would lose (until the last minute).

result was irrelevant we pegged back the smashing they gave us earlier and 2010 and are on a par with the pies.

As someone said we need to arrrive in the finals in better shape to really do any damage

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not.

Seems the mighty pies have timed their run to absolute centimeter perfect perfection.

Dogs, Cats and Saints will all slide a little.

Why?

Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, Ward, Williams, Addison, Picken, Vezspremi, Grant, Reid, Wood, Boumann, Roughead, Jones, Cordy, Howard, Tutt.

All of these players are going to improve in 2011, adding to the already outstanding list of players peaking at around 28 years of age (Murphy, Gia, Boyd, Cross, Hargrave, Lake, Morris, Gilbee).

Cooney, Griffen, Higgins and Ward are four who could easily become the most dangerous midfield group in the competition and the first genuine fab four since Lappin, Voss, Black and Aker.

We have lost Aker (but really we haven't got anything from him this year anyway), Johnson (likewise), Eagleton (was a fringe player this year), and Hall and Hudson are the other two who are at the stage where they might be on the decline, but both are coming off one of the best years of their careers.

It is a myth that the majority of our playing list is over the hill, the doggies will challenge again in 2011.

p.

edit:

This made me lol. 17 wins, and with straight kicking could have just as easily been 22 wins. Demolished Geelong, St.Kilda and Bulldogs once, and averaged a winning margin of arounf 50 points in the second half of the year. Yeah, not dominant at all.

If it was 22 wins we'd have nothing to discuss.. I said that you were dominant - and I did use that word - but not as dominant as other sides we've seen recently. In the modern era there have been teams with 21 wins from 22 games, or 20, or 19.. 17 wins from 22 games is not as dominant as those other records. You don't have to argue with me, just work on your numeracy skills some more. I'm still going to give you a gold star for encouragement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot about the hawks.

But they don't have Dew or Crawf, no spiritual leaders. Hawks have never recovered losing Shane, such a great man that set the tempo, fat little keg legs Sammy Mitch has sat back and smashed too many hotdogs. And Cyril has been workout out, so has Elvis Buddy Franks and the bigmacs. And thats not even mentioning the apeman Roughead he has evolved into a spud.
That's hilarious spiritual leaders? mate if you didn't notice our captain is the AA captain. Sam Mitchell gets a shiiitload of clearences. Cyril didn't get much a chance to play at full fitness but when he did he played well. Franklin will never stop if he didn't miss 5 games he would've been veryyyy close to Riewoldt for the Coleman. Roughead has kicked nearlly twice as many goals as Cloke :)

Well well well, haven't the hawkers rolled up in their droves seeping filth out of their pipes.

I have considered the hawkers this past 4 minutes, and have come to the conclusion that Ben Chop Chop Reid is the best Buddy BigMac matchup in the competition.

Will hold the great man to 3 goals max, taller, faster and fitter, the three Fs= WIN.

Have also been eluded to the fact SookWalt is a far superior player to Roughface and Nathan Rambo Brown will have no problem controlling him.

Thanks to 12mnths of massive improvement not even Gandhi himself saw coming the pies have all the answers to the hawks questions.

B.Dick oozes Cyril like class and has already kicked a bag of 5 in his short career, will be the new igniter of 2011.

Not worried about keg legs Mitch, Swan is the greater footballer, same with anyone else in the midfield, hawks have no answers for Pendlebury, Ball, Didak, Thomas, Wellingham, Sidebottom, Beams and Blairy, and a few others we throw around.

As for the Bogs, we'll they cannot even get within 10 goals of the pies, Hall is old and wobbly psycho BD idiot, and half their experienced players once heat is applied to the ball turn into walking potato cakes.

The dogs are trying to keep a window open that has been slammed shut for 12mnths.

I am now more worried about the saints than ever, and possibly the South Australian Cowbots if they manage to bore the pies into submission.

One thing is for sure, its going to be a great year for football.

Forgot about the hawks.

But they don't have Dew or Crawf, no spiritual leaders. Hawks have never recovered losing Shane, such a great man that set the tempo, fat little keg legs Sammy Mitch has sat back and smashed too many hotdogs. And Cyril has been workout out, so has Elvis Buddy Franks and the bigmacs. And thats not even mentioning the apeman Roughead he has evolved into a spud.
here we go, didnt take long

The fact you only won 17 home and away games and needed a Grand Final replay to edge out St Kilda suggests you have a very narrow lead over the competition. I reckon the Bulldogs can win it next year if they pull something off this trade week. Hawthorn could. Maybe St Kilda, even Freo. Geelong, would take a miracle, I'll admit that.

If you look past the regular season and focus on the finals (where it really counts), the facts are that we smashed all the other top 4 sides during the finals (literally destroyed them) with the original GF being the only exception. Maybe you should look at the original GF as the anomaly, and not as the trendsetting example

Buckley has to make changes to the gameplan and if he doesn't he will royally screw the club up. Maybe that is Ratten's problem, watching other clubs and trying to replicate what he sees rather than trying to get ahead of the game.

Ratten doesn't have a gameplan, that is his problem.

I was simply suggesting without your high pressure game you are in the pack and not out in front.

Well well well, haven't the hawkers rolled up in their droves seeping filth out of their pipes.

I have considered the hawkers this past 4 minutes, and have come to the conclusion that Ben Chop Chop Reid is the best Buddy BigMac matchup in the competition.

Will hold the great man to 3 goals max, taller, faster and fitter, the three Fs= WIN.

Have also been eluded to the fact SookWalt is a far superior player to Roughface and Nathan Rambo Brown will have no problem controlling him.

Thanks to 12mnths of massive improvement not even Gandhi himself saw coming the pies have all the answers to the hawks questions.

B.Dick oozes Cyril like class and has already kicked a bag of 5 in his short career, will be the new igniter of 2011.

Not worried about keg legs Mitch, Swan is the greater footballer, same with anyone else in the midfield, hawks have no answers for Pendlebury, Ball, Didak, Thomas, Wellingham, Sidebottom, Beams and Blairy, and a few others we throw around.

As for the Bogs, we'll they cannot even get within 10 goals of the pies, Hall is old and wobbly psycho BD idiot, and half their experienced players once heat is applied to the ball turn into walking potato cakes.

The dogs are trying to keep a window open that has been slammed shut for 12mnths.

I am now more worried about the saints than ever, and possibly the South Australian Cowbots if they manage to bore the pies into submission.

One thing is for sure, its going to be a great year for football.
Who played on Buddy round 22? If i remember correctly (which i do) Buddy dominated and got 6 goals for that game.. we also one that game remember? Say you didn't try you are a bad sport

Melbourne might cause them some issues in the future.
Hawthorn too but that's a given :p

Only Collingwood's VFL team could get close to matching this juggernaut

Along similar lines, but the only thing that might challenge Collingwood are themselves.

Can they match the standard they set in 2009 ?
Will their off field antics affect their onfield performances ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will Challenge Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back