Who will challenge the champs in 08'

Remove this Banner Ad

IF West coast develops a functioning forward line that doesn't have iQ running to the wings to get the ball , they have the midfield (even without Judd) and backline (need more run though) to be right up there again.

This might be a biased view, cause I'm an Eagles fan, but I can see us challenging (so long as we are fit), because of the forced changes to our side (RoJo retiring, Judd leaving, Chick getting delisted), will mean we will probably see Schofield pushing for a Defensive spot (very fast, should be able to give that rebound we need), Nicoski (before his achilles injury, was very good rebounding off back), and that could move Hurn into the middle, forward area, where his 50m kicks are deadly (think Stuart Dew mold).

Others I see challenging should be:
- Collingwood
- Hawthorn
- Port Adelaide
- North Melbourne

Smokies:
- Brisbane

Hawks head to head but I dont think well be as close to threaten for the flag in 2008 - retirements injuries and what will be the youngest starting 22 (not just the youngest list) will make it harder than 2007

Setting up nicely for 2009.

Collingwood would be the closest but the teams lower down who were expected to do well this year will bounce back

Geelong could beat geelong themselves - there is one almighty party going on down in sleepy hollow

This might be a biased view, cause I'm an Eagles fan, but I can see us challenging (so long as we are fit), because of the forced changes to our side (RoJo retiring, Judd leaving, Chick getting delisted), will mean we will probably see Schofield pushing for a Defensive spot (very fast, should be able to give that rebound we need), Nicoski (before his achilles injury, was very good rebounding off back), and that could move Hurn into the middle, forward area, where his 50m kicks are deadly (think Stuart Dew mold).

Others I see challenging should be:
- Collingwood
- Hawthorn
- Port Adelaide
- North Melbourne

Smokies:
- Brisbane

For west coast to go better next year almost says the loss of judd is not that big a deal

FFS, do you bloody toast fans just wipe any bad memories out of your brains?

YOU WENT OUT IN STRAIGHT F**KING SETS

Give WC credit, they put up a hell of a fight for the team they had on the park.

Pies will be a real threat next year
Geelong ofcourse will be there
Port should be there
WC should be around the mark.
Hawthorn also.

Smokie = Freo...speaking of, has haslby signed yet?

For west coast to go better next year almost says the loss of judd is not that big a deal

We are just blessed with a plethora of midfielders. What we lack is accurate forwards, and i think wirrapanda is on his last legs, so another floating backman wouldnt hurt. The middle of the ground is not a WC weakness even without Judd.

geelong will end up sixth next year.

you had a great year this year and deserved everything you got.

but you were lucky to beat the swans down at skill stadium.

we gave you 7 goals head start it was *****ing down with rain and we got to within 4 points of you.

geelong is the best side though THIS YEAR well done

Hawthorn and the Eagles probably will be the biggest challengers to Geelong.

I think Freo will be the big improvers, good chance to finish in the 8, maybe even top 4.

Collingwood will be Collingwood, they'll prob make the 8 but wont do anything in the finals, they'll find another way of failing when it really matters as is their history.

Port likely to finish 5 - 9.

West Coast, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide.

Also Kangaroos will probably be thereabouts. And wouldn't surprise to see the Bulldogs put in a big one.

And Fremantle are very dangerous, good team on paper, should challenge. Brisbane are on the rise and could be a threat.

St Kilda if they're fit will definitely give it a shake, and I think the same could be said about Melbourne with some mental readjustment.

Adelaide and Sydney looked spent, but you can't count them out. And Essendon are probably underrated.

Carlton and Richmond I think will be big improvers and may spring some big surprises.

Apart from those, I don't think anyone can challenge Geelong.

younger teams still on the rise: port, hawks, pies

established teams that should do well: west coast & saints (id say fremantle but theyve underperformed too much, so its up to them to prove me wrong)

For Me:
1. Westcoast
2. Port
3. Brisbane
4. Hawthorn

I reckon you have to have a good ruck combo and strong midfeild. I think these 4 are pretty close to the equal of Geelong's midfeild. I still reckon Collingwood's midfeild is shit.

Dark Horse:
Melbourne (if they get Judd)

White, Judd, Mclean, Jones, Bruce is a pretty solid midfeild. Add Silvia & Maloney rotating in and they are not to shabby. Could do with another quality ruck though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i expect the main challengers to be wce, freo (dont laugh), collingwood possibly and perhaps port and the kangaroos

I think the swans and crows if (big if for sydney) can recharge the batteries and tinker with the lists they have the game plan to shut down geelong possibly.

West Coast. Had no luck in 2007.
Collingwood especially if they get Judd.
Hawthorn are only going to improve.
Port will take alot out of the season and get better.

Hawthorn, West Coast, Port, Collingwood - although it would be nice to see them earn their finals position like the rest of the competition instead of being given their traditional dream run to the finals, and possibly Fremantle.

Melbourne will 'do a Kangaroos' and get under the guard of most sides and make a run for the top 4.

geelong will end up sixth next year.

you had a great year this year and deserved everything you got.

but you were lucky to beat the swans down at skill stadium.

we gave you 7 goals head start it was *****ing down with rain and we got to within 4 points of you.

geelong is the best side though THIS YEAR well done

We had no bench. You got no points. Here endeth the lesson.

regards,

REB

I think a full-strength West Coast and Collingwood are our biggest threats in 2008
Thoughts?

StKilda with no injuries very scary.

2008 hahaha just enjoy the moment mate.

Eagles, Saints, Sydney, Bulldogs, Melbourne all were injury ravaged. you had extreme luck with extreme talent = extremly great year infact probably the best ever.

sad thing its downhill from here no matter what!

having said that IMO the cats will win the next 3 flags or grand final at least. Too good too strong and NOT injury prone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will challenge the champs in 08'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back