Who will we get for $olomon

Remove this Banner Ad

Ottens? We traded Solomon because we couldn't afford him. What makes you think we'll be able to afford Ottens? Besides, Richmond won't let him go.

We'll be looking for a first round pick.

We'll get flipping nothing decent off richmond. You'd think the Bulldogs would get 1st choice of their trade bait and draft picks.

But they reckon Solly is worth $400k - so we should demand $400k worth of goods in return - problem is that we can't afford jack****. We need their first pick - i don't want hacks like Tivendale.

Ottens is the really only player from Richmond that Essendon needs really, He'll be a great fix for the ruck problem. But Im not sure if he's still an 'untouchable'.

3 options i think...

Bowden (Highest possibility but could go to the dogs)

Holland (Possibility if he takes a pay cut)

#6 Draft Pick (My preference but i think that could also go to the dogs)

If Holland JUST accepted going to the dogs then all would work..

Holland/Bowden for Brown

#6 For Solomon

Then #6 an #13 for Stevens to Essendon..

Originally posted by pfinn
Ottens is the really only player from Richmond that Essendon needs really, He'll be a great fix for the ruck problem. But Im not sure if he's still an 'untouchable'.

How the hell can we afford pay Ottens when we can't afford what Solly wants ?

We can pay the 400k for solomon, but at the start Solomon asked for something around 280k and Essendon has matched that offer. then Richmond came in and said we'll give you 400k. Essendon refuse to go higher then the original asking price, and refuse to get into bidding wars with other clubs who try to over pay players.

We don't just have to trade with Richmond...

Geelong are interested. Melbourne are interested. There's plenty of clubs we can trade with.

I don't think the problem is that we can't afford Solomon. The problem is that we aren't willing to pay $400,000 for him, because he's not worth that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Mattlowry
3 options i think...

Bowden (Highest possibility but could go to the dogs)

Holland (Possibility if he takes a pay cut)

#6 Draft Pick (My preference but i think that could also go to the dogs)

If Holland JUST accepted going to the dogs then all would work..

Holland/Bowden for Brown

#6 For Solomon

Then #6 an #13 for Stevens to Essendon..

Bulldogs don't want Ben Holland anyway...Bulldogs are also looking at senior players instead of another pick so you never know, you guys might end up with pick 6 after all.

Originally posted by Stevo

We'll be looking for a first round pick.

I doubt you would get it REALISTICALLY:D

I think maybe...

Bowden + 4th Round? (3rd we already have Roachy father/son)

Originally posted by rfctigerarmy

I think maybe...

AAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

get serious or get ****3d

you will pay through the nose for solly ;) so we will bleed you for your future EHEHEHEHE

Originally posted by rfctigerarmy

I think maybe...

I think we will get it. It probably won't be a straight swap, but I think we'll get it.

If Richmond won't give it to us, then Richmond won't get Solomon. You've got nothing else that we'd want that's worth Solomon.

Originally posted by Stevo
I think we will get it. It probably won't be a straight swap, but I think we'll get it.

If Richmond won't give it to us, then Richmond won't get Solomon. You've got nothing else that we'd want that's worth Solomon.

Thats fine with me.

How about we just **** Richmond right off, they're the ones who've made us lose him. Ship him down the Princes to Geelong and send a courier for Pick #7 in return.

It seems Holland isn't a wanted player anywhere. IF Richmond can't offload him and his over priced contract (imagine that, a richmond player having an overpriced contract). Then Richmond wont be able to afford Brown and Solomon. Richmond has to get rid of holland and another 100-200k player to make room for the 2 high priced recruits they want.

If Richmond value Solomon at $400000, they better trade us something worth $400000. Not a hack like Holland who we don't need.

solomon for ottens ? One dodgy knee for one dodgy back ?. collingwood have pulled themselves silly over solomon when his contract has come up in the past, but what could they possibly offer ? He`d be a good fit at collingwood, they need defenders with a bit of heart , who run straight at it, same goes for richmond, i mean look at their soft excuse for a captain . These clubs will give us little in the way of players, so i would want draft picks.

Originally posted by bozza
How about we just **** Richmond right off, they're the ones who've made us lose him. Ship him down the Princes to Geelong and send a courier for Pick #7 in return.

No thanks.

Street and a second-round?

Originally posted by Tank
Bulldogs don't want Ben Holland anyway...Bulldogs are also looking at senior players instead of another pick so you never know, you guys might end up with pick 6 after all.

I find that weird considering they are EXTREMELY short down back and Holland could be just the man for the job!

Anyways for Solly, if we talk with Geelong:
One of the Corey's (either Corey Enright or Joel Corey) and at minimum a second round draft pick. Failing that, why not just go for Cameron Ling????:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will we get for $olomon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back