Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At this stage I'd say the top 10 teams are still in it. Gold Coast, Carlton, Hawthorn not completely out of top 8 contention but they won't go anywhere if they make it.

No one knows that the fixture after round 12 looks like. It's possible Port or Brisbane or WC finish clear on top then spend the entire finals series outside their home state. That levels the playing field right up. Teams that are currently battling like WB and Collingwood just need to make the 8 and then they are right back in the mix if they are fit and in form.

Gotta agree with you here. Brisbane and Gold Coast should be made to travel more if the opportunity is there.

Spot on alot more no issue to travel to WA or SA why the afl haven't done that no one knows lucky been out of QLD once talk about making it fair it's a joke.

Gotta agree with you here. Brisbane and Gold Coast should be made to travel more if the opportunity is there.
Richmond have played more games in Melbourne than we have played at the GABBA.

We haven’t played at the GABBA since around 5, a month ago.

Metricon is not our home stadium. If that were the case then GMBHA would be the home of all Melbourne teams.

Richmond have played more games in Melbourne than we have played at the GABBA.

We haven’t played at the GABBA since around 5, a month ago.

Metricon is not our home stadium. If that were the case then GMBHA would be the home of all Melbourne teams.
Currently perhaps you might have played less but it's not going to be like that for long. And let's be real, an extra hour's drive vs away from home for a "home" game, can't compare.

It would be like Essendon playing a home game vs the Eagles or Freo in WA but at a venue other than Optus.

When's the Lions next "home" game in SA or WA? The only game that was neutral was the one vs the Cats. Metricon is more foreign to the team's outside of QLD than the Lions.

Hard to split Weagles, Tigers, Port and Brissy. I’m hoping Lions, but lean ever so slightly to Eagles. Nic Nat was incredible last night. Talk about influencing a game with pure grunt, tap ons, pushing it forward etc. So good to watch.
Honestly it is the most open season ever it’s almost at the point where anyone that makes the 8 is capable of winning it obviously being top 4 will give you better chance there really is no absolute stand out at this point even all the teams you mentioned are all beatable!

Currently perhaps you might have played less but it's not going to be like that for long. And let's be real, an extra hour's drive vs away from home for a "home" game, can't compare.

It would be like Essendon playing a home game vs the Eagles or Freo in WA but at a venue other than Optus.

When's the Lions next "home" game in SA or WA? The only game that was neutral was the one vs the Cats. Metricon is more foreign to the team's outside of QLD than the Lions.
I'd liken it more to the likes of Richmond playing an interstate side at GMHBA and trying to say they have the same home ground advantage there as they do at the MCG. It's just bulldust.

It's not Brisbane's home game.

It's like Brisbane playing Richmond at Geelong in a Brisbane home game.
Or Brisbane playing Geelong at the MCG in a Brisbane home game.

Yeah. It happened to us without a pandemic causing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane for mine are most reliable in ticking the scoreboard over, which means they'll be in a solid H&A position. More often than not, they'll kick minimum 10-12 goals, regardless of opponent. A lot of the other contenders are susceptible to goalless quarters.

Same here, the season has cohered in the last fortnight. Easier to get invested now.

A small part of me would have liked to see one of the remaining four AFLW clubs rewarded given their sadly abandoned finals series.

However, Melbourne, North, Carlton and Freo don't look like they'll be in the men's final four anyway.

Or Brisbane playing Geelong at the MCG in a Brisbane home game.

Yeah. It happened to us without a pandemic causing it.
Happened to us too... it sucks but it's the unfairness of the comp. We know that the fixture and finals favour premiership challenging Victorian teams, always has. Conversely it's harder for Victorian teams that are struggling than it is for their Interstate counterparts.

This season the Lions and to a lessor extent the other interstate teams look to be getting a massive leg up and even more so if some of the finals and GF are played in QLD.

Playing the Tigers in Metricon is more of an advantage to you than them. Again. Is what it is.

I wouldn't argue about, I'd just take it.

Last edited:
Happened to us too... it sucks but it's the unfairness of the comp. We know that the fixture and finals favour premiership challenging Victorian teams, always has. Conversely it's harder for Victorian teams that are struggling than it is for their Interstate counterparts.

This season the Lions and to a lessor extent the other interstate teams look to be getting a massive leg up and even more so if some of the finals and GF are played in QLD.

Playing the Tigers in Metricon is more of an advantage to you than them. Again. Is what it is.

I'd agree if we weren't coming off a 4 day break and them 6.

Honestly in my eyes there is no excuse for either team going into this game. IF it were at the GABBA, I'd say we'd have the advantage.

True.
Metricon may not be a home ground, but like Richmond playing Adelaide at Docklands, there is a definite advantage. Getting to sleep in your own bed, train using your own ground and gym facilities, do your recovery at home facilities and sleep in your own bed after the game are big advantages.

I'd be more than happy for WC to play a whole bunch of nominal home games against interstate teams at the WACA while getting a full+ complement of games at Optus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Back