Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you guys have got umpiring favouritism well covered... Except for collingwood that is View attachment 967555

Did you see last night? Port had 6 frees kicks till half way through the last quarter.

The AFL narrative fairytale plays such a big part. If Richmond win it, good on them, they'll deserve it because I think they are third in line with who the AFL want to win. A Geelong v Brisbane Grand Final with Geelong winning is what the AFL want.

The AFL will at least manufacture it so Brisbane make the grand final. They have too in order to sustain interest in QLD and feed the bullshit narrative, swallowed hook, line and sinker by the VFL media, that the sugar hit of a grand final, will change the game forever in QLD.

Pathetic 🤣

Did you see last night? Port had 6 frees kicks till half way through the last quarter.

The AFL narrative fairytale plays such a big part. If Richmond win it, good on them, they'll deserve it because I think they are third in line with who the AFL want to win. A Geelong v Brisbane Grand Final with Geelong winning is what the AFL want.
Did you read my post... It said except for collingwood

Why would the AFL want Geelong to win?

The AFL will at least manufacture it so Brisbane make the grand final. They have too in order to sustain interest in QLD and feed the bullshit narrative, swallowed hook, line and sinker by the VFL media, that the sugar hit of a grand final, will change the game forever in QLD.

That'd be one long charade of a manufactured season to keep Brisbane at top 2, in order to sustain interest.

The Narrative is just perfect for Geelong.
Danger being President of the AFLPA who has been so "accommodating" in getting all the Vic clubs to quarantine in their luxury resorts.
The Little Born Again Mercenary to go out with a bang after "helping out" the AFL/Gold Coast in the early years by taking bags of money to play for them.
The AFL have been pleased at the way Geelong have handled their Luxury Resort stays with a minimum of fuss.

Brisbane are the next rung cause "quEEnslaNd sAveD foOtbALl", but the AFL don't want the home ground Grand Final advantage MCC backdoor corrupt deal to be further exposed.

Given Richmond's behaviour this year I think they've run out of credits with the AFL.

Port, yeah whatever.

Whilst I understand your post, feel free to write off any team that hasn’t done it recently.

After all, Richmond going 16 seasons without a finals win to a 2017 premiership was just a fluke. As was the Bulldogs going without a finals win in 6 years and finishing out of the finals in 5 of those 6 seasons, to a 2016 premiership also a fluke. And we‘ll never see an Adelaide 97 / 98 premiership with zero recent finals experience ever again. Collingwood running Brisbane to the wire in 2002 was also just completely out of the box and unexpected. Hell, even the Baby Bombers in 93 shouldn’t have happened?

but I’m intrigued, are we good or not? Because your rant indicates that we don’t deserve to be called good, but at the same time if we don’t make the GF we are failures?

Or maybe, just maybe, a team that finishes top deserves a little more respect for their achievemeant than you’re giving it. Being in the discussion doesnt mean that we are unbackable favourites. It means that we’re pretty good to be able to challenge the favourites, and it’s not a Buster Douglas ”shock the world” upset if we do win.

It is not a rant, just my take on it. I have explained in my previous post why Port is not at that stage yet.Great job by port finishing the year on top. That has nothing to do with finals discussions and winning the flag. As you know finals are a different ball game all together and many other factors comes to play. Based on those factors and considering the current pedigree of teams in the 8 that have met those standards on regular basis and way more consistent than your mob, the argument why port's name is not mentioned more often is justified.

Umpiring bias is such a ****ing laugh.
Richmond are always in the negative and I get it why it’s the way we play, we give a lot of frees away. End of story.

I think you guys have got umpiring favouritism well covered... Except for collingwood that is View attachment 967555
Sorry, can you please map that against contested possessions total/diff and tackles total/diff stats?

You might actually find some of the reasons for the above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, can you please map that against contested possessions total/diff and tackles total/diff stats?

You might actually find some of the reasons for the above.
Sorry...can you map that against contested possessions etc etc etc.... I've already made the point I was making... A port supporter made the claim that your side wasn't looked after by the umpires, I've posted a statistic that says you are . what your asking for I couldn't care less about

man ... don't know what to say but ur already crying.

You got 2 home finals and we all know the silver service Adelaide teams get in Adelaide.

BUT maybe you have a point. We all saw the 2016 GF where the umps got sucked into the fairytale. But that was more driven by the media etc

Saying the AFL want Geelong to win is garbage.

Richmond are so obviously going to win again it's ridiculous
I think Port could beat them if they bring sufficient midfield pressure. Their contested style should stand up in finals.

The big question about Port for mine is whether they have a second or third banana behind Charlie Dixon. Because Dixon probably isn't going to take 10 contested marks and kick five goals in a final when he's getting double teamed by a good back six. If Dixon plays well, he might still kick 2 or 3 but it's probably not going to be a big bag. So the question for Port is about who else can bob up and kick a few when they need them. Robbie Gray might be the barometer when it gets to the pointy end.

It's Richmond's to lose, they are absolutely cruising, go into finals with a 6 game winning streak, Jack is back in form, play their bunnies first up, reasonable chance of then playing their other bunnies (us) in a prelim, Lynch should be back and they should also have Prestia to come back in.

The Narrative is just perfect for Geelong.
Danger being President of the AFLPA who has been so "accommodating" in getting all the Vic clubs to quarantine in their luxury resorts.
The Little Born Again Mercenary to go out with a bang after "helping out" the AFL/Gold Coast in the early years by taking bags of money to play for them.
The AFL have been pleased at the way Geelong have handled their Luxury Resort stays with a minimum of fuss.

Brisbane are the next rung cause "quEEnslaNd sAveD foOtbALl", but the AFL don't want the home ground Grand Final advantage MCC backdoor corrupt deal to be further exposed.

Given Richmond's behaviour this year I think they've run out of credits with the AFL.

Port, yeah whatever.
1600737308775.png

It's Richmond's to lose, they are absolutely cruising, go into finals with a 6 game winning streak, Jack is back in form, play their bunnies first up, reasonable chance of then playing their other bunnies (us) in a prelim, Lynch should be back and they should also have Prestia to come back in.
I wonder if the injury to Soldo comes back to bite them at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Back