Who's closer to a flag? Adelaide, Port Adelaide or Fremantle?

Who wins their next flag before the others?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The query would be on if they will they continue to lose players in the next 3 years.
In the last 4 seasons they’ve lost Neale, Hill, Langdon, Cerra, but have at least drafted local kids in 2021.
I know this is an old post, but it frustrates me when people only include half the story.

in those same 4 off seasons we’ve gained Lobb, Colyer, Acres, Aish, Brodie and Clarke - all 6 of whom have played every game this year.

if we can continue to ‘lose players‘ at the same ratio I’ll be pretty happy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Port Adelaide turn it around next year, and bounce back into the top 4, finishing above Fremantle and Adelaide.

I wouldn't be surprised if Port Adelaide turn it around next year, and bounce back into the top 4, finishing above Fremantle and Adelaide.

Every chance too. The right players are there. If it wasnt for the hiccup at the start of your 2022 campaign you would have been deep in the finals imo.

Really difficult to say. Melbourne and Richmond's first came pretty much out of nothing as well. Not many had them in the mix beforehand those years.

The query would be on if they will they continue to lose players in the next 3 years.
In the last 4 seasons they’ve lost Neale, Hill, Langdon, Cerra, but have at least drafted local kids in 2021.
Yet somehow made finals in 2022 and got a finals win.

Partially due to a solid coaching Structure and injuries... well lack of injuries.

But those 4 blokes you mentioned....

Lachie Neale was a loss. Made the best of a bad situation at the time. Essentially traded out lachie neale for Jessie Hogan. Sadly Hogan at freo was horrible and he was traded. Done ok at GWS.

Losing Brad Hill hurt to a degree. But what we got in return. Brad Hill for a 2020 3rd rounder. Freo got in return Blake Acres, Pick 10, pick 58, future 2nd and future 4th. That pick 10 went down to pick 8 to get Caleb serong. Blake Acres was solid, even though he is going to carlton now. that 2020 future 2nd and 4th was traded for a 2020 future 3rd and James Aish. Caleb Serong, Blake Acres and James Aish all played in that 2022 elim final win vs the dogs.

I dont care what anyone says. Its one of the best trades freo has ever done.

Ed Langdon hurt to a small degree. got a 2nd rounder back. Good on him getting a premiership medal.

Losing Cerra sucked. Pick 6 and a 2022 3rd rounder. the future 3rd ended up at the cats. That pick 6 ended up as Tall forward Jye Amiss. He too played in that 2022 elim final.

Every chance too. The right players are there. If it wasnt for the hiccup at the start of your 2022 campaign you would have been deep in the finals imo.
Ken has a good recent track record of turning it around after a bad season as well.

Injuries to Dixon and Lycett really hurt their structure this year, and it's hard for Ken to win games when he doesn't have a recognised ruckman.

What's the pass mark for Port in 2023? With the list they have along with the easy draw they'll get for finishing 11th, the pass mark should be top 4.

Port should definitely finish above Fremantle and Adelaide next year at the very least, given both those sides are still in rebuilding phases.

What's the pass mark for Port in 2023? With the list they have along with the easy draw they'll get for finishing 11th, the pass mark should be top 4.

Port should definitely finish above Fremantle and Adelaide next year at the very least, given both those sides are still in rebuilding phases.
What do you mean Freo are in a rebuild phase?

Dockers made finals in 2022

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals min.

Top 2/4 goal

They'll be up there

Crows pass mark win more than 2022

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

My opinion: Port will finish 9-12th next year and then return to finals in 2024.

Freo will bounce around 5-8

Adelaide still 3-4 years away from being in contention to play finals

Who is closer?

(1) Port (2) Freo then daylight to the (3) Crows.

To win the flag you have to make the 8 and more realistically the top 4. So for me Port are closest to the top 4 so they are the closest to a flag.

Who is closer?

(1) Port (2) Freo then daylight to the (3) Crows.

To win the flag you have to make the 8 and more realistically the top 4. So for me Port are closest to the top 4 so they are the closest to a flag.
You do realise Freo were only one point away from finishing top 4 this year?

Collingwood 75 v Carlton 74
One more point to Carlton and Freo were in the 4.

What do you mean Freo are in a rebuild phase?

Dockers made finals in 2022

That doesn't necessarily equate to a non rebuild.

Look at my mob, many are suggesting we're still rebuilding. Personally I don't think we are, however I will admit we're still in a regeneration. So then it comes down to how one defines the difference between the two.

To suggest that Freo are not somewhat regenerating would be incorrect imo.

Still much improvement in that list / game style.

Port? Certainly not in the same conversation of said rebuild / regen. They're a contender for sure

Crows? I see massive improvement from 2022, I don't know if that necessarily equates to a ladder position improvement but certainly their game will.

Hard to go past Port .
They are magnificently led by coach Hinkley and it’s obvious he’s much loved at Alberton 👍

Yup, I have them as the 2025 flag favorites if they sign him up now.

Back