Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Mark Williams

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 30 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Did he list the main candidates?

No candidates mentioned. All that was said was that we are starting from scratch with no stand out candidates and that interviews ('the coach finding process') would begin on Monday.

Still haven't changed my mind. Matthew Knights for me. Coaching Geelong in the VFL and sitting pretty on top of the ladder. Premiership coach last year and when you look at the players he drafted at Essendon, he his an astute judge of football talent. The other thing is that he wont cost us an arm and a leg. I also think he has the hunger and something to prove. I know I have mentioned him before, but he is worth keeping an eye on. I think he has another AFL tilt in him.

might be worth finding out what people at the port adelaide magpies thought of him while he was coaching there. he's been absolutely gifted at geelong, mark neeld would be successful there with the talent at their disposal... Appointing Knights, Ayres, Craig or Eade would just be wasting time IMO.

might be worth finding out what people at the port adelaide magpies thought of him while he was coaching there. he's been absolutely gifted at geelong, mark neeld would be successful there with the talent at their disposal.O.

Got to say that was my initial reaction.

Bet Chris Scott( or any other AFL coach) is thanking his lucky stars that the Melbourne job didn't fall to him a few years ago.

I'll be surprised If Browny is interested in being a coach. Thought he would walk straight into a media role for sure. That said if he wants to be a coach and does the right apprenticeship I'd certainly be open to seeing him coach the Lions at some stage.

And do you guys think Voss would be interested in a bombers 12 month contract in hirds absence?

Doubtful. As an AFL coach, youd want some long term security, not a deal where your in as a filler and then shown the door.

Based on my last internet connection, I was under the impression that Mark Thompson is certainty to cover for Hird. Its almost incesterous

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

I reckon Harvey is the best coach available now, take a punt give him a 5 year deal at 1 mill a year... With a new board in place he should get confidence to move his family over here knowing that lethal wouldn't allow a repeat of the Voss treatment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harvey said he would soon make time to determine what he'd do in the medium term.

"The last few years my family has lived in Perth and I've lived in Brisbane so I've got to make the decision within the next month or two."
Maybe he's warming to the idea.
"But the club's doing everything it can to try to get things right. Obviously there are decisions to be made in the next month or two and that's important that gets fast-tracked and solved.
Sounds to me he'd prefer the board situation be fixed before committing to anything.

came to post that. he hasn't completely ruled himself out yet. wouldn't mind him as the senior and one of black/brown as an assistant.

Is woosha a chance? does not look that interested in the west anymore

I reckon Harvey is the best coach available now, take a punt give him a 5 year deal at 1 mill a year... With a new board in place he should get confidence to move his family over here knowing that lethal wouldn't allow a repeat of the Voss treatment.

:eek:

might be worth finding out what people at the port adelaide magpies thought of him while he was coaching there. he's been absolutely gifted at geelong, mark neeld would be successful there with the talent at their disposal... Appointing Knights, Ayres, Craig or Eade would just be wasting time IMO.
You shouldn't confuse the Seniors with the VFL side. Plenty on 'no name' players knights is getting the best out of. Successful game plan and winning culture are two things we really need.

Any idea's on a potential successor to go with the senior coach? I don't see any of the existing coaching team filling that role.

If we have to do things "properly" (would love JB) I am warming to Harvey with Brown, Black and GOD etc as assistants.

These guys are already there and are Lions through and through, but are learning on the job.

Browny has spent plenty of time sitting in the coaches box while injured or suspended.
He would be a natural.
Loved and respected and will not take crap from anyone
Great footy brain and good communicator.
If he retires would love him in our coaches box in some capacity.
Could do a lot worse and the important thing is he loves the Club.

I watched last nights press conference after yesterdays games with interest and noticed that Mark Harveys body language suggested he's more than a little uneasy fronting the media in his role as Coach.
I can only imagine that his deplorable exit from Fremantle really scarred Mark and taking on a Senior job just exposes him to the potential of a similar repeat in years to come.
This may be the reason he keeps insisting that he's happier with an Assistants role.
There is no doubt he is a very astute thinker and strategist and our three games under his leadership have shown that he is able to get our boys up and about (even with the events of the past month and it's potential to destabilize).
If the public face is all that stands behind Harvs and the Brisbane senior job then simply send Browny out to do the media stuff and relieve Harvs of that burden.
We are in an era of Coaching panels with members who can attend to a variety of tasks allowing the head Coach to concentrate on his strengths and although I'm sure the public would like to hear it first hand what better Club spokesperson than Browny who has that refreshing honesty.
I would much rather appoint a man with at least three more than adequate rehearsals at what he can do with our current list than choose a Coach who will have to learn everything from scratch.
I'm sure that after our gallant performance yesterday, to all but pinch a rare defeat of Geelong at Skilled is evidence enough that Harveys appointment would appease most and regain some long lost stability and confidence moving forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's our Coach for 2014?

Back