Why do I bother supporting Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

:) Great story, one thing though Mighty Hawk do you agree with me regarding supporter loyalty and not trying to isolate them?

I also had simalar stories. I find it quite humerous when a Lions supporter came up to me and said "well at least we have won my titles then you"

I found the world "titles" the funniest, you can take the person out of Rugby but you can never take the Rugby out of the person :D

wow, um - ouch - got me there. last year we still managed to win 6 more games than the previous. how many more did you win? none because you are no better even though you got prority picks. i think a few clubs that fail to see what priority picks are there for.
we may not make the finals, but at least we won't have to feel like dole cheats. good luck with all your draft picks, all your former players running around in other colours, and your coach Kelly Clarkson, the most amazing stragetist since "crazy ivan" (surely you still arent hanging on the dream Lethal will come back to you??

Hawkk said:
:) Great story, one thing though Mighty Hawk do you agree with me regarding supporter loyalty and not trying to isolate them?

I agree with you 100%

Thats what the lesson of 96 was all about.

HFC strayed away from was truly important to the club, its fans.

It will never make that mistake again.

I just think you are over reacting just a touch becuase there ARE
external circumtances next year, and maybe the people at the club are
playing it smart.

We are not going be a final side next year, so make the pain hurt
a little more (next year) less home games, then the year after
we have some cards up our sleeve. Go to the AFL and say we
looked after you, now its your turn.

At least we wont squander a good draw like the ferals did in 2005 :D

Mighty Hawk said:
I

its impossbile for the "here comes the aeroplane, open wide" hawks to get a good draw, since they keep giving away all their key players to the opposition.

at least try and walk like a man hawthorn, don't be the next stkilda and bend over for the system

(why the :D ? we beat you twice this season and won twice the amount of games then you did, despite finishing lower the previous year? ARE YOU PROUD OF THAT EFFORT!????)

Mighty Hawk said:
I agree with you 100%

Thats what the lesson of 96 was all about.

HFC strayed away from was truly important to the club, its fans.

It will never make that mistake again.

I just think you are over reacting just a touch becuase there ARE
external circumtances next year, and maybe the people at the club are
playing it smart.

We are not going be a final side next year, so make the pain hurt
a little more (next year) less home games, then the year after
we have some cards up our sleeve. Go to the AFL and say we
looked after you, now its your turn.

Guess so, but the club hasnt done a good job in telling the members and fans.

Astro toby raised a good point regarding the outer Eastern suburbs I have relatives who live out there and they tell me that alot of people still support the club yet are not members, why because its to far away to travel.

We have to make our thoughts felt though, make a certainty its only a one off. As I said earlier on, I take alot of that relocation stuff to heart, Hawthorn in a sense is really in grown in me.

astro_toby said:
its impossbile for the "here comes the aeroplane, open wide" hawks to get a good draw, since they keep giving away all their key players to the opposition.

at least try and walk like a man hawthorn, don't be the next stkilda and bend over for the system
Well there be aeroplane jelly present :D

Hawkk said:
I have relatives who live out there and they tell me that alot of people still support the club yet are not members, why because its to far away to travel.

Hmmm, i dont agree. Waverly was a 45 min drive for me but i went
to every game.

I agree that the transport system is crap up that way, but that is not
the clubs fault. Thats the governments fault.

Princess Park, although closer to me was a pain in the ass the get
to, but i still went to every game also.

If people really loved the club and wanted to see us, they would
go to the games if they could.

The excuse of its out of the way, doesnt gell with me.

Mighty Hawk said:
Hmmm, i dont agree. Waverly was a 45 min drive for me but i went
to every game.

I agree that the transport system is crap up that way, but that is not
the clubs fault. Thats the governments fault.

Princess Park, although closer to me was a pain in the ass the get
to, but i still went to every game also.

If people really loved the club and wanted to see us, they would
go to the games if they could.

The excuse of its out of the way, doesnt gell with me.
Yeah I agree but we are probably in the 10% of hardcore fans, not everyone is as fanatical as us. Heck we are up here posting about the team we love at this hour!

There are different levels of support, other clubs are no different.

I love the "g" im actually an MCC member there, so like you Im so glad we didnt go to the Telstra dump. Funny thing is, I have only used my membership once; for cricket. I dont like being there for football especially Hawthorn matches, it lacks the atmosphere the other parts have

Hawkk said:
Is it the calm before the storm.

We are night owls, wait until tommrow :)

Hawkk said:
MH what do you think of our new CEO?

Im more interested in were Jeff is going to get us.

I think the club is going in the right direction for once.

Lets hope its not one step forward, two step backwards, like the ferals :D

Mighty Hawk said:
We are night owls, wait until tommrow :)

Im more interested in were Jeff is going to get us.

I think the club is going in the right direction for once.

Lets hope its not one step forward, two step backwards, like the ferals :D
Good point, looks like there will be no challenger. It will be a smooth transition. Thats a first :)

Hawkk said:
I love the "g" im actually an MCC member there, so like you Im so glad we didnt go to the Telstra dump. Funny thing is, I have only used my membership once; for cricket. I dont like being there for football especially Hawthorn matches, it lacks the atmosphere the other parts have

I have banned the Telstra Dump. Its a disgrace.

Dude, when you have been to finals and GF at the G, then you will never
hate that ground. I ran onto the G with 50,000 fans when Dunstall
scored his 100th against Melbourne, last round when we one by a point and got into the finals in 96.

I was there in 83, i was there in 89.

I love that ground, so many memories so much atmosphere.

Just wish some of the interstate Hawk fans could of experience that kind of feeling and buzz.

Its incredible.

I just realised you ment the MCC section, yeah i have a mate thats goes there. I have been with him once, i dont like it.

I dont even like sitting with our own fans. too one eyed for me.

I like sitting in the outer with the oposition fans getting stuck into
each other. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been to Colonial exactly twice; both courtesy of corporate tickets from work.

Give me the 'G any day.

Of course, I loved Arctic Park... I used to wander from one cold concrete end to the other every quarter so I could get the best view. Wonderful place.

astro_toby said:
2) Wallace was a winning coach, took that team to spoon to finals in his 1st year at doggies and almost did the same at tigers. never won a spoon at the doggies and had a team which always fought and was capable of winning of any given day

Footscray finished seventh the year prior to Wallace taking over. Fifth the year before that. They were always a decent side (finals finishing under Wheeler as well).

Everything he had at the Dogs was pretty much there under both Joyce and Wheeler. Walked away when the going got tough and they were headed for the scrap heap.

Just to set the record straight.

Mighty Hawk said:
I have banned the Telstra Dump. Its a disgrace.

Dude, when you have been to finals and GF at the G, then you will never
hate that ground. I ran onto the G with 50,000 fans when Dunstall
scored his 100th against Melbourne, last round when we one by a point and got into the finals in 96.

I was there in 83, i was there in 89.

I love that ground, so many memories so much atmosphere.

Just wish some of the interstate Hawk fans could of experience that kind of feeling and buzz.

Its incredible.

I just realised you ment the MCC section, yeah i have a mate thats goes there. I have been with him once, i dont like it.

I dont even like sitting with our own fans. too one eyed for me.

I like sitting in the outer with the oposition fans getting stuck into
each other. :D
Been to 2 granny's.

1996 and 1999, must be something about me and North.

I went to the Prelim in 2001 and the roar was defening, my favourite game there though was one vs Collingwood in 2001 I think it was rd 16. and Greene kicked a magical goal from the boundary.

MFHawk I like Waverley to, a game against the Saints in 1997, the Dunstall, Ansett Cup and the Farewell game. Excellent spectator venue.

I have only been to the dump once vs Essendon in 2000 and I didnt like it :mad: We got pumped

Grendel said:
Footscray finished seventh the year prior to Wallace taking over. Fifth the year before that. They were always a decent side (finals finishing under Wheeler as well).

Everything he had at the Dogs was pretty much there under both Joyce and Wheeler. Walked away when the going got tough and they were headed for the scrap heap.

Also remember what he left the Dogs with. Thats important as well!!!!!

Grendel said:

and dont forget Wallet did the dirty on Joyce to get the job.

prick!

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do I bother supporting Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back