Why do people hate Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate them, several reasons. Mostly all the collingwood supportes i no are really arrogant when it comes 2 collingwood. Also it is what me parents taught me from the moment i watched footy.

Daicos_magic said:
One of the funny things in AFL football. Why do people hate the pies? The answer is quite simple. People get sucked into stereotypes like Joffa and the cheersquad.

When people say they hate Collingwood for the 'supporters', unfortunately its a load of crap. Everything you hear about every supporter in the league is a stereotype. .
Nice try, forget about sterotypes I have seen your feral cohorts in action over a long period of time, forget about the Dee supporters and their land rovers, we are talking about something completely different here , we are asking why your club is the most hated and the answer lies in the fact that the majority of your cohort supporters are obnoxious feral rabble. You should know this as you are surrounded by them every game. Why defend the indefencible?
Joffa is simply a figure head of the rank and file and the perfect one at that.
1993-04-20%20April%20Nicky%20Winmar%20v%20racist%20Collingwood%20550.JPG

Didaics said:
I think its a carry over from the golden era of 50 yeArs ago. We had a grip on the comp like Port had in the SANFL.

I think you might be confusing your club with Melbourne who had a golden era and a grip on the comp 50 years ago. Collingwood has not been the dominant team in any comp for over 70 years.

In a stadium as big as the MCG you can usually find somewhere to sit and enjoy the game without being next to moronic ferals, an element that all clubs have. Unfortunately Collingwood have more than most and you cant get away from them. They spend more time abusing the oppostion especially big name players than they do actually barracking for their own team. I love my footy and I love going to the games, but I wont go to anymore Collingwood games, I just dont enjoy it.

Operation: Get Everyone To like Us

Step one- NEVER enjoy winning. EVER. It's 'arrogant'.

Step two- Sack the president and vote in some complete non-entity who is less threatening to supporters of other clubs. If he could have really weird hair, that would be a help.

Step three- Stop going on and on about the captain. In fact we should rotate the captaincy, so none of the buggers ever gets a big head and thinks we like them.

Step four- Stop teasing Lions supporters at Brisbane games who insist on wearing Fitzroy scarves.It's cruel and unneccesary.

Step five- Only let nice people into the ground, people like the Grog Squad or the blokes from the old Animal Enclosure.

Step six- Win fewer flags. I know we've only won 2 in 50 years or whatever but it's still too many for some people to deal with, just stop it!

Step seven- Get rid of Joffa. Who the hell does he think he is anyway, barracking for his team with all his heart, the arrogant bastard. How dare he try to be inventive in his support? Just stick to the tried and true "Collingwood clap clap clap Collingwood clap clap clap" thank you very much.

Phew, seems like a lot of hard work so far...but if it means gaining the respect of a bunch of strangers who hate us then by God we'll do it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues_Man said:
because the majority of their supporters are feral toothless scum of the earth , who would steal your VCR and hotwire your car if you turned your back on them for a second :D

LOL! Join the 21st century,mate!

Better lock up your flared trousers and your 8 track player....

Blues_Man said:
because the majority of their supporters are feral toothless scum of the earth , who would steal your VCR and hotwire your car if you turned your back on them for a second :D
Typical Carlton. Living in the past, can’t afford the future. We steal DVD players now while you play video’s of days when you could afford a new one worth our while stealing.

WAKE UP.

It's 2006,
VCR's are old hat,
Carlton are Fitzroy.

its millwall not milwall
no one likes us
no one likes us
no one likes us
we are collingwood
super collingwood
we are collingwood
from the g

iTap said:
Operation: Get Everyone To like Us

Step one- NEVER enjoy winning. EVER. It's 'arrogant'.

Actually i've noticed that a lot of Pies (not most) supporters don't seem to enjoy it at all. Straight after a C'wood victory, just check out some of the stuff that is posted by their supporters about the cheating umps and sniping thugs from the opposition. This is after a win!

It is all a bit of fun I think...I don't really hate any club and I would hope that not even the most passionate supporter would actually hate someone because of the footy team they support. I don't hate Eddie but he can be kind of irritating to an opposition supporter if commenting at a wood's match.

MarkT said:
Typical Carlton. Living in the past, can’t afford the future. We steal DVD players now while you play video’s of days when you could afford a new one worth our while stealing.

WAKE UP.

It's 2006,
VCR's are old hat,
Carlton are Fitzroy.

Talking of technology please tell me: many premiership photos IN COLOUR down Vic Park way?

dales said:
its millwall not milwall
no one likes us
no one likes us
no one likes us
we are collingwood
super collingwood
we are collingwood
from the g

That is the lamest thing I have ever heard. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people hate Collingwood?