Why Geelong will overtake Hawthorn and become the on field AFL powerhouse

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope you received picks 5 and 6 because you won less than 5 games of football .You might of traded for pick 1 but that would never be done again .

Lets keep it simple and factual

Have Geelong proved they can win a premiership without early draft picks ? the lowest pick being 7 says yes

Have Hawthorn proved they can win a premiership without early draft picks ? having picks 1,2,3,5 and 6 says no

How about you show some proof about picks 5 and 6?

What the hell does it matter. We broke no rules, so what if we had early picks that means jack all. You still take the risk of players not working out. You seem to be trying to find any excuse as to why geelong is better or could be.

How about you show some proof about picks 5 and 6?

What the hell does it matter. We broke no rules, so what if we had early picks that means jack all. You still take the risk of players not working out. You seem to be trying to find any excuse as to why geelong is better or could be.
How about if you decide to enter this board, refrain from doing so with your arrogant arms in the air demanding answers.

I'm not sure what brings you here in the first place... haven't you 3 premierships to celebrate. Maybe I'm wrong given the amount of time you plebs spend stalking our board.

Agree with you here, though I'm a little more hopeful about Clark than you.....
The problem with Clark IMO is we don't know how he will react under the sledging he would un doubtfully receive in a big final and he's unlikely to be tested in that manner during the home and away although it's said Brian Lake got at him this year,I can't say I'm not pleased to see the end of him.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree Vdubs, his "antics" didn't bother me (hadn't for thirteen years so why now) and I'd happily take another twenty disposals and a goal and a half a game next year.

With a (hopefully) better ruck and midfield next year, and (again hopefully) a fit Menzel taking some of the heat off him he may have even produced better results, but we ain't ever gonna know now I guess.

Guess my reply to Vdubs conveys my thoughts Bob.

On your last point, if Cockatoo or Kersten are good enough they would force their way in at his expense, especially if he declines as you seem to think he will, Lang and Gregson would be regulars even if SJ was still there IMO, as they were this year.
I think SJ is a player who does polarise opinions somewhat. A mate of mine, Orthopod, thinks SJ is the best player he's ever seen, can't believe he's gone, and he is a Bombers fan, and rates him above the likes of Hirdy etc!!
But others, like a few I go to games with, have tolerated his rubbish because his brilliance was so out there, until this season.
The suspensions and the decline- almost relieved he has been outed, as it can be sad watching a star in decline.
That said, I am prepared for him to show us all at GWS that he is not a spent force. Sad that there is not an easy acceptable way to keep all our immortals until they want to retire, but it clearly was agonising for CS, as he said several times, and we knew some would have to go- was it to be SJ or Bartel? Toss up for me.

How about if you decide to enter this board, refrain from doing so with your arrogant arms in the air demanding answers.

I'm not sure what brings you here in the first place... haven't you 3 premierships to celebrate. Maybe I'm wrong given the amount of time you plebs spend stalking our board.
Oh gee I'm sorry for not breaking the rules or anything.
Once you win one you can celebrate for only so long. Plus its entertaining to see threads here, as it is for the cats supporters that join our threads.
get a grip

I think SJ is a player who does polarise opinions somewhat. A mate of mine, Orthopod, thinks SJ is the best player he's ever seen, can't believe he's gone, and he is a Bombers fan, and rates him above the likes of Hirdy etc!!
But others, like a few I go to games with, have tolerated his rubbish because his brilliance was so out there, until this season.
The suspensions and the decline- almost relieved he has been outed, as it can be sad watching a star in decline.
That said, I am prepared for him to show us all at GWS that he is not a spent force. Sad that there is not an easy acceptable way to keep all our immortals until they want to retire, but it clearly was agonising for CS, as he said several times, and we knew some would have to go- was it to be SJ or Bartel? Toss up for me.

Ive heard a lot that stevie J wanted too much money which had the negative impact on dangerfields arrival and all the other new cats coming in

Ssshhh you'll be in their bitter tears thread soon if you're not careful. :p

Hi Minerboy :)

He's a band Waggener he's probably like the ones who jumped on the Hawks in the 70s from other clubs, they're not true supporters of the Hawthorn footy club.

The problem with Clark IMO is we don't know how he will react under the sledging he would un doubtfully receive in a big final and he's unlikely to be tested in that manner during the home and away although it's said Brian Lake got at him this year,I can't say I'm not pleased to see the end of him.

True, but a sad indictment that an opposition player would resort to that particular tactic.

Call me old and naive, but what's wrong with beating your opponent with talent alone?

Once you win one you can celebrate for only so long. Plus its entertaining to see threads here, as it is for the cats supporters that join our threads.
get a grip
Hi Bosk.

Let's hope you get to see one before your inevitable slide, pleb. :thumbsu:

get a grip
I agree you have said very little wrong but it would more than likely get me a holiday if I was on your board, I just don't go there now.Our mods have a much more liberal approach and good on them.

Ssshhh you'll be in their bitter tears thread soon if you're not careful. :p

Hi Minerboy :)
4 flags in 8 years and we're still eating at their minds. :oops:

If having to see the shit colours of the mass influx of the bandwagon pricks on other boards isn't enough, here they are in here as well.

4 flags in 8 years and we're still eating at their minds. :oops:

If having to see the shit colours of the mass influx of the bandwagon pricks on other boards isn't enough, here they are in here as well.

if you're wanting to talk about a bandwagon look at geelong next season. they will be the definition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you're wanting to talk about a bandwagon look at geelong next season. they will be the definition
Nice to see you're here for the right reason. Wasn't that hard to sniff you out. :thumbsu:

Now go back to the hole you crawled from. :thumbsu:

If your talking about the rushed behind I'm not convinced that on it's own cost us the game,but something else that's giving me the shits and I'm unsure if it was Collingwood or Hawthorn that started it is the blocking the man on the mark surely if it's good enough to afford the player with the ball 5 mtrs then it should equally be afforded the man guarding the mark.

totally agree.
Does mean other team should have a free extra man somewhere though..

Chappy was gone the moment he was suspended. Last straw. We needed him on the ground, and he'd already missed a lot of the season, not his own fault.He knew it, and was not happy with a conditional one year offer. I love him, but too proud and arrogant.
SJ- recurrent indiscretions, and getting caught lairising, gone, and he knew it.
Why did Chappy get a year but not Sj? They were both the same age. How come Enright, who had a number of issues with the mrp in late 2013 including during the 2013 qf not get dumped for it?

The only difference between Geelong and Hawthorn during the last 15 years is 2008 , they won the premiership we should of won.
They have won more flags than us, won more finals than us (by a mile - thanks Chris Scott), have had far better list mngmt than us, have far more members than us, and a far more accomplished coaching staff than us. They are the benchmark we should be aiming for as a team and club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back