Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder: This isn't the Israel/Hamas thread. Go to the Israel/Hamas thread if you want to talk about that. Thanks.

Last edited:
A number of identified ISIS members have been identified freely roaming around the streets of Europe.

I hate to break it to you, but international terrorist groups usually just fly their members in.

They also have a lot of success radicalizing existing citizens. Radicalization that is enabled by Islamophobia and the sorts of commentary in this thread 'increased risk from Muslims of rapists and knife crime' and the sorts of scenes we're witnessing at the moment in the UK.

Same with the bloke who shot those tourists in Denmark(I think) a couple of years ago.

If you want to talk about 'mass shootings in Scandinavia' I raise you Anders Breivik.

Also note how both attackers were 'blokes'. They're the real threat; not 'Muslims'.

I'm saying that all illegals potentially can cause issues but the unvetted ones from terrorists hotspots do pose a significant threat, yes.

Except there is no evidence that this is the case.

As I showed you before there are over a million 'illegals' in the UK alone at present. The most recent high profile case I can think of were the recent killings (he wasnt an 'illegal'), the Lucy Lethby baby murders (she wasnt an 'illegal'), the Woolwich attack (not an 'illegal'), the Manchester bombing (also not an 'illegal'), the murders of a few politicians (not 'illegals'), Westminster car attack (not an 'illegal'). They were all born in the UK or in the country legally.

There was an 'illegal' involved in the London Bridge attacks (his claim for asylum was knocked back) but the other two attackers were 'legal'.

Which crime by an 'illegal' are you specifically referring to?

Here is the list of all terror attacks in the UK:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain

Which one of them was by an 'illegal'?

You're saying they pose a 'significant threat' when most of the attacks I'm seeing come from people in the UK legally (mostly by people born there).

Prove to me this risk these 'illegals' pose.

Last edited:
Women could go to uni, didn't have to wear hajib, could wear miniskirts, work, etc. That was all in Afghanistan, before it started sliding the other way from the mid 70s until 1996.

Lebanon definitely more liberal but like all Islamic countries, minorities are persecuted.

I didn't count Iran because the leader there was the Shah.
Given the proximity of those nations, it's not like it's 'western' liberal. By and large the culture of those 'democracies' are middle eastern in culture.

The most dangerous Australians weren't illegal immigrants or Islamists.

-Gareth and Nathaniel Train
-Brenton Tarrant
-Martin Bryant

Clearly there's something else going on in this thread.
And? These people aren't anything like Jan and Joe public, people like these are definitely a minuscule minority.

The number of 'hood wearing racists' tends to be small, but the number of people who can be convinced that brown people are here to steal your jobs, livelihood, way of life can make it depressingly mainstream
Do you have evidence of this or is it the 'vibe' you get?

From where I sit, Jan and Joe public aren't that naive.

Do you have evidence of this or is it the 'vibe' you get?

From where I sit, Jan and Joe public aren't that naive.
Yeah but you sit with John "I've never seen racism" Howard so your view isn't that great

Blokes are the one we should be worried about. If anyone wants to talk about restricting 'men' from entering Australia, I'm all ears.
To be fair it seems bzparkes is tryna point out that 'vetting' of immigrants seems nonchalant, like it seems in Europe and the UK, it seems that a small minority of uk are using this as an excuse to be racist aholes. And Jan and Joe public may have real concern about it.

No I don't, you're wrong.
But you do Carrie because you spend an extreme amount of time and energy on here telling everyone that racism and fascism aren't problems / ridiculing people that do think they are problems

You like to speak on behalf of the Australian public like him too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you do Carrie because you spend an extreme amount of time and energy on here telling everyone that racism and fascism aren't problems / ridiculing people that do think they are problems

You like to speak on behalf of the Australian public like him too
That'd be your incorrect perception, I didn't say they aren't problems, I've clearly stated they're not societal threats.

Anyone who thinks islam, christianity, catholicism, far left, far right are societal threats are naive. Not many of them but they do exist.

That'd be your incorrect perception, I didn't say they aren't problems, I've clearly stated they're not societal threats.

Anyone who thinks islam, christianity, catholicism, far left, far right are societal threats are naive. Not many of them but they do exist.
There you go again

Dimish and ridicule

Do you identify as Joe Centrist?

Explain how it's 'diminish and ridicule'

I'll wait.
When people post about racism you either argue it isn't or if it is it's not many people

When people post about the dangers of the far right you do the same

If people disagree with your assessment you call them naive or delusional

You see race riots in the UK where they're burning down buildings and say oh it's not that bad it's just a few bad apples

Or if you actually think that is bad you should probably realise that people are trying to do the same here and if you wait for the burning to start to decide there might actually be a problem it's a little late

You see race riots in the UK where they're burning down buildings and say oh it's not that bad it's just a few bad apples
What you think this is mainstream? Don't get sucked in by media reports.

Of course it's a problem but it's not a societal threat.
Or if you actually think that is bad you should probably realise that people are trying to do the same here and if you wait for the burning to start to decide there might actually be a problem it's a little late
You're alluding that the sentiment of Jan and Joe public is jerry cans and pitch forks.

They're minority fringe groups that DON'T HAVE THE NUMBERS to be a societal threat, as much as you seemingly want it to be so you can grind your evident dystopian axe.

What you think this is mainstream? Don't get sucked in by media reports.

Of course it's a problem but it's not a societal threat.

You're alluding that the sentiment of Jan and Joe public is jerry cans and pitch forks.

They're minority fringe groups that DON'T HAVE THE NUMBERS to be a societal threat, as much as you seemingly want it to be so you can grind your evident dystopian axe.
thank you for continuing to do exactly what I said you do

you may now read this post of yours I am quoting as your example of what you do

thank you for continuing to do exactly what I said you do

you may now read this post of yours I am quoting as your example of what you do
It's not doing anything, it's pointing the reality of society.

I know you don't like it, not much anyone can do about it.

I really don't understand your hankering to believe this dystopia you portray. Be careful what you wish for.

It's not doing anything, it's pointing the reality of society.

I know you don't like it, not much anyone can do about it.

I really don't understand your hankering to believe this dystopia you portray. Be careful what you wish for.
there you go again
I don't wish for a dystopia

you pretending nothing major is happening is what leads to that shit though

if you just ignored it that would be your choice but you argue everyone else should ignore it also

you don't want to deal with until you think its a big enough risk and as far as I can tell unless you personally are impacted you wont think its big enough

people getting attacked on the street, mobs trying to burn down mosques "just a small group nothing to worry about"

easy to say when they aren't on your street burning stuff down I guess, and when you personally aren't the target of that hatred

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back