Analysis Why pick 4 is the most important selection the club will have in the next decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Get Smith
Smith better disposal. Draper quicker, more agile, stronger and more intensity both offensively and defensively. Always running hard and at high speed.

I really like (and would be happy with) both. Draper has way too many weapons to be a B grade player though. If he had 15% better disposal he'd probably be a strong argument for number 1 pick. I think he's going at 100 miles an hour all the time and that can affect his disposal, but I wouldn't say he lacks composure. Watching the u18 and sanfl games, I think he improved his decision making and especially handballing.

I also don't think draper's balance is talked up enough. His ability to keep his feet or bounce up off the ground and accelerate is outstanding.

Is next year still untouched by tassie?
They are 2028 arent they? I think if they go through the same process as Gold Coast and GWS, end of 2026 they will have access to local talent that can play for them probably in the VFL in 2027 then at the end of 2027 they hit the actual draft and have exclusive access to current AFL talent to lure. But officially I dont think they interfere with the draft until 2027 that is the year you dont want to be bottoming out. Which will be super hilarious if Port bottom out around then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Why pick 4 is the most important selection the club will have in the next decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back