Will Australia be forced to change its flag in 2014 if Scotland votes yes?

Remove this Banner Ad

I am loving this. Be great to see Cameron look like a tool and Labour being lucky to form government again.

A YES vote would be a brilliant result for England.

And a massive LOL at Gordon Brown getting involved. Its like losing the lead at 3/4 time and getting on the phone to Gerard Neesham asking for advice.

No way the Poms will allow Scotland to have BOE as a lender of last resort. Economic and political madness.

The Scottish banks (not to mention two Scottish politicians) have already done enough damage to England. No way will the poms let that happen again, particularly if all their MPs cant vote.
Yes would indeed be good for England, we have been trying to get rid of the jocks for hundreds of years. They are like those awkward house guest that you did invite but now just won't leave

I am loving this. Be great to see Cameron look like a tool and Labour being lucky to form government again.

A YES vote would be a brilliant result for England.

And a massive LOL at Gordon Brown getting involved. Its like losing the lead at 3/4 time and getting on the phone to Gerard Neesham asking for advice.

No way the Poms will allow Scotland to have BOE as a lender of last resort. Economic and political madness.

The Scottish banks (not to mention two Scottish politicians) have already done enough damage to England. No way will the poms let that happen again, particularly if all their MPs cant vote.

Yorkshire next. Carried those bloodsuckung cockneys long enough. And theyll have a labour government too

Those two grubby auditors would be all over it.

Lets design differently, the components of this are in the public domain are they not ?

Cultural reference there to the union flag but not in a dominant position

View attachment 78911

Obviously someone who can actually design it

My first thought on seeing this was to feel sorry for all the kids in primary school trying to draw it with all the little bitllets everywhere (assuming they still do that ... a loooong time since I was in primary school)

Blair would still have won all three of his elections without Scottish votes.

But I do agree that Scottish independence will lead to England tracking politically further to the right.

The great question nobody asks is what happens to England after independence.

Will the rest of the country outside the M25 be content with being ruled by the London/south east city state?

I strongly doubt it.

hopefully WA will have the courage to follow suit

Never happen.

On the Scottish one, if YES gets up, history with remember Cameron as the chuntering English posh boy fool who was tricked into giving Scotland away by the wily fox Salmond. They write cautionary nursery rhymes about it.

Consider - medusala - what Salmond managed to get Cameron to agree to:

1) The referendum itself. Posed for a photo in front of Number 10 shaking hands and let it be called "The Edinburgh Agreement", thus conferring immediate legitimacy on the YES campaign.

2) The wording of the question. (Which allowed pro independence to get the vital "yes" for their option)

3) Conducting it under Europeran rather than British electoral systems. (Just mind boggling)

4) Further, allowing 16 year olds to vote.

5) Letting one side pick the date

It is simply astounding that Cameron agreed to all this, and not only that, actually thought he'd got the win by refusing the "devo max" option.

Yes would indeed be good for England, we have been trying to get rid of the jocks for hundreds of years. They are like those awkward house guest that you did invite but now just won't leave

Perhaps if the English were able to govern their own affairs effectively they wouldn't have required a Scottish king all those hundreds of years ago?

Perhaps if the English were able to govern their own affairs effectively they wouldn't have required a Scottish king all those hundreds of years ago?
Fair point, we got that dude in as a temporary measure and then we have been stuck with them ever since

Just for the record, it has quietly been agreed in London to pick places with less chuffnuts next time we build an empire, which the departure of Scotland will hopefully give us time to ponder

Just for the record, it has quietly been agreed in London to pick places with less chuffnuts next time we build an empire, which the departure of Scotland will hopefully give us time to ponder

I look forward to the creation of of this new English empire. Given the British Army was recently chased out of both Afghanistan and Iraq by the locals, perhaps going back to a more Falklands style easy win is good move.

I look forward to the creation of of this new English empire. Given the British Army was recently chased out of both Afghanistan and Iraq by the locals, perhaps going back to a more Falklands style easy win is good move.
Iraq and Afghanistan are both plagued by the most ghastly epidemic of chuffnuts according to word on the street

In addition, the Falklands was not so easy, we had to resort to all out war crimes and everything. Not even on the sly like we usually do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never happen.

On the Scottish one, if YES gets up, history with remember Cameron as the chuntering English posh boy fool who was tricked into giving Scotland away by the wily fox Salmond. They write cautionary nursery rhymes about it.

1) The referendum itself. Posed for a photo in front of Number 10 shaking hands and let it be called "The Edinburgh Agreement", thus conferring immediate legitimacy on the YES campaign.

2) The wording of the question. (Which allowed pro independence to get the vital "yes" for their option)

3) Conducting it under Europeran rather than British electoral systems. (Just mind boggling)

It is simply astounding that Cameron agreed to all this, and not only that, actually thought he'd got the win by refusing the "devo max" option.

So camerons a reverse John Howard. ( republican question wording)

So camerons a reverse John Howard. ( republican question wording)

Yep, pretty much. Howard knew he was a long way back on the republic question and fought tooth and nail accordingly.

Cameron never took pro independence seriously, and is paying the price.

Never happen.

I think it will as the east and west economies of Australia have very different drivers meaning the one currency doesn't work (just like north south EU).

I think it will as the east and west economies of Australia have very different drivers meaning the one currency doesn't work (just like north south EU).

It will never happen for so many reasons far simpler than that.

I think we'd be best served by england splitting up along its true historical lines.

i.e. Northumbria, Anglia and Mercia to be seperate countries for the Saxons, Jutes and Angles. Leave the Celts alone.

There are alot of seperatist movements which are bankrolled by mining interests who have the motivation of not wanting to pay as much royalty to the original sovreign state.

Hopefully scotland is not one of those

Freedom for London!

Be funny if London City secedes from Greater London. Be like the Vatican City being surrounded by Rome...

Yorkshire next. Carried those bloodsuckung cockneys long enough. And theyll have a labour government too

I reckon Northern England, as Geordieland, should agitate for freedom next. Dunno how independence-minded they are (you never hear that much about the Welsh drive for freedom either) but it would be interesting times indeed in the dismembered United Kingdom of the near future.

Who's gonna be left to celebrate the birth of the new royal babby?

Be funny if London City secedes from Greater London. Be like the Vatican City being surrounded by Rome...

I reckon Northern England, as Geordieland, should agitate for freedom next. Dunno how independence-minded they are (you never hear that much about the Welsh drive for freedom either) but it would be interesting times indeed in the dismembered United Kingdom of the near future.

Who's gonna be left to celebrate the birth of the new royal babby?
Oh no, they need to keep greater London and the Home Counties otherwise the bankers will need a passport to play golf and polo and they'll crack the sads

Cameron is a moron. Gordon Brown a much bigger moron and Ed Miliband and even bigger one.

No wonder Salmond despite talking utter nonsense re oil, sterling etc is doing so well. He is opposed by utter numpties (and the Scot Labour leader is worse than those three, she makes Plibersek look like a genius)

As someone in the SNP pointed out what is the point of getting the one eyed failure to bang on about new powers for Scotland given that a) he is a backbencher and b) his party isn't in government. Smacks of panic and desperation.

Torygraph today has a story re a challenge to Cameron if yes vote gets up

Two birds one stone.

Blair would still have won all three of his elections without Scottish votes..

But one only one other occasion since since the 50s

The great question nobody asks is what happens to England after independence.
Will the rest of the country outside the M25 be content with being ruled by the London/south east city state?
I strongly doubt it.

Yes. England has been a nation for a very long time. It's hardly comparable to Spain, Italy and even Germany. As much as many would like Liverpool expelled I cant see it happening.

Regional assemblies got voted down up north IIRC. Scotland could succeed as an independent state as they have oil, whiskey, financial services etc. Wales is a basket case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_England_devolution_referendums,_2004

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Australia be forced to change its flag in 2014 if Scotland votes yes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back