Will Clarkson add a 5th Premiership by the end of 2022 ?

Will Clarskon win another Premiership by 2022

• Yes

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. That’s exactly my point.
Well , if in 2016 you said we could win the 2018 flag given the talent yet to come in, then you’d be wrong.
If in 2018 you said we could win the 2020 flag given the talent yet to come in , then you’d be wrong.
So you don’t have much of a point , any supporter could say that of their team.

Sorry Abasi , I enjoy your posts , but we’re much more than two years away from playing competitive finals.
6-8 for mine.

Well your hypothetical point -from two years ago - would be horribly wrong.

Our midfield is the main proble

Ok , well your hypothetical point -from two years ago - would be horribly wrong.

Well , if in 2016 you said we could win the 2018 flag given the talent yet to come in, then you’d be wrong.
If in 2018 you said we could win the 2020 flag given the talent yet to come in , then you’d be wrong.
So you don’t have much of a point , any supporter could say that of their team.

Sorry Abasi , I enjoy your posts , but we’re much more than two years away from playing competitive finals.
6-8 for mine.
6-8 years?

You’re having a laugh.

I don’t think so. Gonna be more than two years to win the next flag.
“but we’re much more than two years away from playing competitive finals.
6-8 for mine.”

I thought you were saying we are 6-8yrs from finals.

“but we’re much more than two years away from playing competitive finals.
6-8 for mine.”

I thought you were saying we are 6-8yrs from finals.
Whatever. We’re a long way from a flag.
You can extrapolate or project any line of bullshit you want, 2022 is highly unlikely to be our flag.

Whatever. We’re a long way from a flag.
You can extrapolate or project any line of bullshit you want, 2022 is highly unlikely to be our flag.
If we were to get locked out of trade week and drafts I would agree, but as I pointed out previously we’ve added a bunch of players in the last two years who we’d expect to see running around in the seniors in 2022, so another two off seasons and who knows what the 2022 list might bring.

Haha. This is completely different to those two periods, they are completely un-relatable.

In 05/06 we had generational talents coming through with a new coach, and were coming off a few years of despair. Anything was up from there.

In 09/10 we had a talented list that had got ahead of themselves. We had multiple generational talents that had proven that they could lead a team to a flag.

This current list has a few second tier premiership players left and one top tier player who is unfortunately on his last legs.
Yeah they were reeling out the vacuous old 'completely un-relatable' chestnuts in those times too....

Will Clarko add a 5th flag to his CV by the END 2022 is the Ops question.

Ok, that is two seasons after the completion of this years covid kinda non season. What happens if next year is the same?

Assuming it's business as usual next season and we get a another Will Day in this years draft bla bla

Yes or No question.

YES.

My rational: in 2022 a tall forward line out of Jeka, TOB, Patton, Kosi, and Gunston will step up and start to bring it all together, since that is the only true place we are struggling, since Frawley and Frost do have the capicapty to hold the defence togher for 2 more seasons.

Doesn't look probable but you can't say not possible.
Kind of have to wait until 2022 for not possible.

I've got no idea what footy is going to look like next year let alone 2022

If list sizes get cut there will be a lot of players without a home and the possibility of turning over your list quicker would exist.

There is going to be tough calls end of this season either way but that could shake things up even more

Almost all premiership teams have a period of playing finals in the years prior to their flags.
Rarely does a team win a flag with absolutely no finals experience in the years prior. I cant even think of one. For instance, Richmond didnt play finals in 2016, but had a run of unsuccessful finals in the years before that.
In my opinion, to have any chance of a 2022 flag, we'd have to be playing finals at least in 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just want to get the general opinions on this board to see if the majority think Clarko will take us to the promised land yet again in the 4 years remaining on his contract ?

When I look at our list as a whole I think we are a couple of pieces away. 2019 will likely be the last season for players such as Burgoyne, Roughead, Birchall* ( hasn't played for 2 years anyways) and maybe even Poppy and these players will need to be replaced. I'm hopeful that players such as Smith, Big boy, Stratton and Frawley still have 3 years of pretty good footy left in the. The core of our list now players like Mitchell, Jaeger, Bruest, Gunston, Wingard, Sicily, Hardwick, Scully ( ankle pending) hopefully have 5+ years left.

As an overall I think we have some chance of saluting in the next 4 years, but it will require some internal development from the kids, Worpel, Morrsion, Howe ( Though not really a kid anymore), Lewis, Hanrahan, Moore, Jiath, Glass, Nash etc, + a couple more shrewd trade periods to get us to the pinnacle again.

So basically 24 months on when I look at my post it hasn't gone anywhere near according to plan. Smith walked after 2 years, Stratton and Frawley didn't have 3 years left in the tank but Big Boy looks like he'll just make it = 1/4.

Mitchell broke his leg and Sicily has done an ACL. Jaeger and Wingard haven't turned into the stars of the comp we'd hoped when making the trades. Scully not the same player he was at GWS or the bargain we thought. Hardwick is solid but hasn't taken himself to the next level. Gunston and Bruest do their things and do them well.

As for the kids I listed here one the only one that has really made it at this level of football is Worpel.

All in all sadly not a lot has gone right since winning 15 games in 2018 and getting Wingard into the club.

So basically 24 months on when I look at my post it hasn't gone anywhere near according to plan. Smith walked after 2 years, Stratton and Frawley didn't have 3 years left in the tank but Big Boy looks like he'll just make it = 1/4.

Mitchell broke his leg and Sicily has done an ACL. Jaeger and Wingard haven't turned into the stars of the comp we'd hoped when making the trades. Scully not the same player he was at GWS or the bargain we thought. Hardwick is solid but hasn't taken himself to the next level. Gunston and Bruest do their things and do them well.

As for the kids I listed here one the only one that has really made it at this level of football is Worpel.

All in all sadly not a lot has gone right since winning 15 games in 2018 and getting Wingard into the club.
Mmmmm nah, I'd say Day has already made it given his impact this year and will only improve. He's still slight but has elite IQ, brilliant skills and pace.

Scrimshaw was really solid in the absence of Sic which is another positive. Good user of the ball and takes strong marks.

Greaves has shown he can make it at the level and was excellent in the games he played.

Cousins stepped up to the plate as well and was really solid.

Add in pick 4, potentially another pick before Downie and Tom Phillips.

I also think the midfield will improve purely from being able to train and play together more often.

Lewis will hopefully have a solid pre season and be over his injury issues.

It will likely take time but you are so damn negative dude.

I know you like to Jerk off to Hardwick but he was a bees d*** close to being sacked before winning a flag. As were west Coast who from memory finished bottom 4 before playing finals the next year.

Things can change so damn quick in this game its not funny.

Mmmmm nah, I'd say Day has already made it given his impact this year and will only improve. He's still slight but has elite IQ, brilliant skills and pace.

Scrimshaw was really solid in the absence of Sic which is another positive. Good user of the ball and takes strong marks.

Greaves has shown he can make it at the level and was excellent in the games he played.

I also think the midfield will improve purely from being able to train and play together more often.

I know you like to Jerk off to Hardwick but he was a bees d*** close to being sacked before winning a flag. As were west Coast who from memory finished bottom 4 before playing finals the next year.

It kinda pisses me off on here the shit HR cops just because he’s (sometimes) a realist. It’s not even controversial to say we won’t get near a flag in the next 2-3 years, because I would just about put my house on it, and many other oppo supporters without the gold and brown tinted glasses would also. But the biggest thing is, so what if we are middle of the road? We had an enormous period of success and now it’s time to start over again. I’m okay with it and looking foward to the club one by one finding the pieces it’s going to need to build it’s next powerhouse side.

I didn't mention those two as I was solely referring to my post from 2 years ago where those two won't mentioned. I agree they're massive bright spots.

Greaves I also think has the tools to maybe make it.

Cousins was ok, still I think jury is out on how high his ceiling is though and if he's capable of being part of a midfield in a quality side.

West Coast made a GF 2015, won 16 games in 2016 and made the SF in 2017 which is far from bottom 4 lol.

I think we can turn it around quick, but it starts with the plan & on the white board, then requires execution, luck & for the AFL to f**k right off.

If we:
- design a plan that capitalises on our strengths;
- play the right guys in the right spots
- have some luck with youngsters coming on & with injuries;
- don't get screwed by FIXture or umpiring...

We'll be right back up there in 2021 & could probs challenge in 2022-23, FA acquisitions permitting.

Need IT ALL to go right though & that starts with the game plan & selection.

The timeline needs to be pushed out to 2025

Will Clarkson get a new deal beyond 2022 though if we miss finals next 2 seasons ? That would be 7 years without a finals win and 5 seasons in 6 missing the 8. Not many coaches remain at the helm after a period like that.

Can you think of any ?

Will Clarkson get a new deal beyond 2022 though if we miss finals next 2 seasons ? That would be 7 years without a finals win and 5 seasons in 6 missing the 8. Not many coaches remain at the helm after a period like that.

Can you think of any ?

Nah, he will retire within the next two years IMO. Hopefully Mitchell is ready to take over by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back