List Mgmt. Will the Hawks end up landing a big fish? Trade and FA news discussion of Hawthorn targets

Who should Hawks make a play for?

• Lynch

• McGovern

• Cogs

• We don't need any of these players

• Gaff

• Another player not mentioned above (specify in comments)

• B.Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan Shiel is a weird one, he physically looks like he should be an in and under mid, but he plays like an outside player winger/flanker, which is weird because he plays 50% inside and 50% outside, but he is much better suited as an outside player and would cop less injuries on the wings and flanks.....

anyway if we get Shiel he could take a wing spot for us, or if we go after Gaff, im unsure how much salary cap space we have this year, i remember us having some last year and we gave some players bonuses or something, then we have Vickery and Rioli leaving and giving us a heap more space, if i had to guess we'd have around $2m cap space available, maybe we'll go after 2 stars?

I don't find it weird at all they have Ward and Hopper winning the contested footy, Shiel then becomes the spreading damaging player he is.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

if we keep going after gun players from other teams, players will soon be fudging their draft interviews so as not to be drafted by us. "Don't go there, they never play their draftees, you'll get one or two games, but unless you're elite, they are just going to fill your spot with some known gun."

tenor (9).gif

Shiel is a flashy one way player that looks brilliant on the eye when he is on.
I’d take Coniglio before any
Dylan Shiel is a weird one, he physically looks like he should be an in and under mid, but he plays like an outside player winger/flanker, which is weird because he plays 50% inside and 50% outside, but he is much better suited as an outside player and would cop less injuries on the wings and flanks.....

anyway if we get Shiel he could take a wing spot for us, or if we go after Gaff, im unsure how much salary cap space we have this year, i remember us having some last year and we gave some players bonuses or something, then we have Vickery and Rioli leaving and giving us a heap more space, if i had to guess we'd have around $2m cap space available, maybe we'll go after 2 stars?
Suppose it depends on balance but I am a Coniglio fan - runs both ways and is tough.

Yep, I’m sure Hardwick, Sicily, Burton, Morrison, Worpel, O’Brien and Miles would all be sending that message.

Hopefully we never see the headless giraff again in a Hawthorn jumper

Shiel for me. More explosive, better ball user and is a Victorian. Compliments our midfield better. Already have plenty of insider midfielders with Worpel adding to the mix. Wouldn’t say no to Cogs though! Would offer next years 1st rounder which is more than what GWS will get if he leaves as a Restricted Free Agent at the end of next year. If not, we can just take him off their hands next year for nothing!

Well we have talked to Lynch but not been caught doing so.

Bracing for the Prestia like ‘so why didn’t you chose Coll/rich/haw and the collective snipes back by the unlucky teams supporters

But grant me this. If ess was in the conversation our mate Robbo would have a totally different philosophy on the whole thing

Bracing for the Prestia like ‘so why didn’t you chose Coll/rich/haw and the collective snipes back by the unlucky teams supporters

But grant me this. If ess was in the conversation our mate Robbo would have a totally different philosophy on the whole thing

Slobbo. He’d be lauding him.

That fat **** is irrelevant. Stop reading his shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty clear after today why we are into Lynch. Rough best days behind him, Shoe + TOB not up to it.

I'd be interested in Sam Collins too from Werribee. Dominating the VFL this year and at 23 years old comes ready made. I wonder if he is still available through free agency or have to go via draft now.

Pretty clear after today why we are into Lynch. Rough best days behind him, Shoe + TOB not up to it.

I'd be interested in Sam Collins too from Werribee. Dominating the VFL this year and at 23 years old comes ready made. I wonder if he is still available through free agency or have to go via draft now.

Makes me laugh.. Seems to be a vicious cycle re Shoey. Has a stint in the VFL while O'Brien stinks it up in the seniors, people seem to for get why Shoey is having a stint in the VFL so they question why he isnt playing from week to week, finally gets picked, plays one decent game (by Shoeys standards) then plays 3 where he's almost non existent and then gets dropped again.
Reality is Shoey isn't up to it just as much as TOB only difference is there's a tiny glimmer of hope TOB might turn the corner at some point by playing him. Like most, I've pretty much given up on that as well.

Makes me laugh.. Seems to be a vicious cycle re Shoey. Has a stint in the VFL while O'Brien stinks it up in the seniors, people seem to for get why Shoey is having a stint in the VFL so they question why he isnt playing from week to week, finally gets picked, plays one decent game (by Shoeys standards) then plays 3 where he's almost non existent and then gets dropped again.
Reality is Shoey isn't up to it just as much as TOB only difference is there's a tiny glimmer of hope TOB might turn the corner at some point by playing him. Like most, I've pretty much given up on that as well.

Going to keep repeating it until the cows come home. Schoey plays 5 games this year - we win all 5 and score 100+ points in all of them. He is light years ahead of TOB in his ability to play our system and play the role of the foil in the forward line.

Notice Breust or Gunston (or both) run riot when Schoe plays? Or do you just look at his possession stats and want him dropped?

6PR this morning ran with the news Brad Hill has asked for a trade back to Hawthorn

Of course they could’ve got their information from Bigfooty, but who knows

Was 6PR the ones who broke the Sammy trade news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back