Review Will the Real Fremantle Please Stand Up? Freo Belt Melbourne at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win yesterday guys, I actually had a sneaky suspicion you might cause the upset but awesome to watch it happen. Don't think Melbourne are as far away from the pack as the media makes out and you guys seem to be showing up for the bigger matches. Thoroughly enjoy the way you guys play at the moment, would love to see you go all the way this year.

Since you guys have been rebuilding for a while I just thought I might ask a question or two.

1) What were these boards like over the last couple years eg were most of you here bullish about what was emerging or were you feeling doom like the rebuild wasn't going to plan because of failing to make finals etc? I'm curious just to gauge sentiment to compare to what's going on over at the Crows board.

2) What do you think is the biggest change between last year & this year that's seen you rocket up the ladder & just playing such strong football most weeks?

Logue forward is good. Can take contested marks but also athletic enough to not lose the pressure thatā€™s so important to locking the ball in
Got his hands to many contests and brought the ball to ground. Didnā€™t allow the ball to be spoiled 30m into the crowd. I know his role was to nullify May, but this could be one to persist with.

After watching the second half again without the stress of the game I noticed 3 things.

1. Frederick is x-factor. When he is on we look so much better.
2. Logue may not be kicking goals but he provides a forward presence that will worry most teams.
3. Among other things Aish is an outstanding tagger and will help when we play against other outstanding elite mids.

Last edited:
Thatā€™s harsh. Lyon was very complimentary of Freo all game and showed no negative bias when we got on top.
Yeah, I just don't like him as a human being. You do remember his indiscretions, right?

Seriously who cares what King says.
I got sucked into that vortex for a few weeks after the Geelong win.
He is irrelevant to the Fremantle football Club
To his credit, he was quite complimentary on Twitter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seemed like the Freo crowd was very loud on TV. Not sure if the microphones were in a certain spot, but it sounded like a 50/50 kind of crowd. I wonder how many people flew to Melbourne this weekend. Collingwood v Carlton today, so it would have been a good weekend for a footy trip.

It seemed like the Freo crowd was very loud on TV. Not sure if the microphones were in a certain spot, but it sounded like a 50/50 kind of crowd. I wonder how many people flew to Melbourne this weekend. Collingwood v Carlton today, so it would have been a good weekend for a footy trip.
I know 4 who did. They were very happyšŸ˜

Really enjoyed watching that game , particularly Shultz, heā€™s awareness of where he is at all times in relation to the goals is a pleasure to watch.

Walters stood up at absolutely the right time and Bradshaw just does what he does , clears the ball and is constantly pushing us toward.

Even considering May going down, there was a big improvement and hope for the future on the contested mark front.

Iā€™ve had a hard time shaking the this is a break in the 8 year , Iā€™m starting to believe itā€™s a go straight to top 4 year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And 430pm is a shit of a time to go as well, even on a Saturday.

The AFL should uppercut themselves for that schedule.

Actually yesterday changed my mind on that time slot. Itā€™s shit for TV being wedged between the arvo game and the Channel 7 night game but live itā€™s kind of great with the night rolling in and plenty of time post game to go out. Itā€™s the Sunday twilights that suck, any Sunday game actually.

Great win yesterday guys, I actually had a sneaky suspicion you might cause the upset but awesome to watch it happen. Don't think Melbourne are as far away from the pack as the media makes out and you guys seem to be showing up for the bigger matches. Thoroughly enjoy the way you guys play at the moment, would love to see you go all the way this year.

Since you guys have been rebuilding for a while I just thought I might ask a question or two.

1) What were these boards like over the last couple years eg were most of you here bullish about what was emerging or were you feeling doom like the rebuild wasn't going to plan because of failing to make finals etc? I'm curious just to gauge sentiment to compare to what's going on over at the Crows board.

2) What do you think is the biggest change between last year & this year that's seen you rocket up the ladder & just playing such strong football most weeks?

Hard to compare as we had the underlying divisions of Ross Lyon fans vs those that weren't. We had to have a complete culture alteration at the club and have stacks of personnel movement. You guys seem on the right path to me.

Regarding the improvement from last year to this it's 3 things, better luck and management with injury so we've got more of our best players available more of the time, another year of the new coaching and culture being settled in, and another year of development in our young players which we have many.

We are maturing. Adding Brodie has been huge, but we are a very young side. Even more so when Oā€™Driscoll comes back

Well I am in shock looking at the final score.

I live in Sydney so had a family dinner booked in for 6:30 basically left home at half time for those of you in WA.

And haven't watched a minute of the 2nd half. Only saw the 1st half.

Can someone please explain what the hell happened and how a game could turn so much. We didn't even look like scoring in that 2nd quarter.

I'll have to wait tomorrow to watch the 2nd half when it becomes available. But gee it must have been one of the greatest halves of football Fremantle has ever played to not only scrape a win but smash Melbourne by 38 points.

I left home we were down by 25 points.

WTF.....
Me too, I walked away before halftime and did ā€œstuffā€ then accidentally saw the result in a brain fade. It was nothing short of surrealā€¦ no one in their right mind could have predicted that last half. Enjoy!

+ā€™s

We ARE a good team right now , I was always confident in our future prospects but I was starting to wobble on what we could do this year

We needed something from a few blokes and they repaid the coaching teams faith Lobb , Freddy and Serong in particular

The Freddy / Shoota show in that 3rd Q was so awesome I was stunned

-ā€˜s

Sad my man Noddy missed out on this win

I still have a nagging little concern about how we handle ā€œ success ā€œ but at least Jlo is on to it

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Will the Real Fremantle Please Stand Up? Freo Belt Melbourne at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Back