Will you be tipping Geelong or Adelaide???

Remove this Banner Ad

crowie

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2004
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
N. Forest, NY Mets
Before last night I had decided to tip Geelong but with us playing so well last night and having our third win on the trot I've decided to back the Crows. It is probably more heart than head but I think that we are in with a really good shot.

Just like the last two weeks have been DANGER games for us, I think that this is a real DANGER game for Geelong. They win and it's relief, they lose and they'll be really under the pump. The pressure is all on Geelong.

I think we can win.

When in doubt always go with the home team.

I will be tipping Geelong. I think we are a chance to win but Geelong has its back to the wall and will respond sooner rather than later. They are too good a side to lose 3 in a row.

We do play well at Geelong but it is still hard to tip the Crows. If we play like we did last night we should win. Have to agree with you Stiffy that Geelong will come back sooner or later.

We have a good playing history over there at Skill-less Stadium, are full of confidence, practically injury free and coming up against Geelong who are not in the best form at the moment.

Crows for mine.

AFC for me by 20pts, on our current form I cant see us losing for awhile, we will win our next four games.

Vs Geelong (Skilled) Crows by 20 pts

Vs Richmond (TD) Crows by 31 pts

Vs Fremantle (AAMI) Crows by 45 pts

Vs Hawthorn (Aurora) Crows by 30 pts

You heard it here first ;)

maccas_no1 said:
AFC for me by 20pts, on our current form I cant see us losing for awhile, we will win our next four games.

Vs Geelong (Skilled) Crows by 20 pts

Vs Richmond (TD) Crows by 31 pts

Vs Fremantle (AAMI) Crows by 45 pts

Vs Hawthorn (Aurora) Crows by 30 pts

You heard it here first ;)
Ain't gonna happen.

Stiffy_18 said:
Ain't gonna happen.

Reasons why not????

Crows play well at both Skilled and TD we will beat Fremantle at Home and Hawthorn are a very average side and will beat them in Launceston.

If we dont beat these four sides then we dont have much hope come the finals these are games good clubs win.

maccas_no1 said:
Reasons why not????

Crows play well at both Skilled and TD we will beat Fremantle at Home and Hawthorn are a very average side and will beat them in Launceston.

If we dont beat these four sides then we dont have much hope come the finals these are games good clubs win.
For starter we have never won more that 5 games in a row in our entire history and we really don't have the side that has the quality of going for 7 wins in a row.

Secondly, we have a fair few inexperienced players in our 22 at the moment and history will suggest that these sort of players are inconsistent.

Thirdly its a myth that we play well at Skilled Stadium. Sure we won 2 of the last 3 (we lost last year) but our overall record there is something like 3-8

Richmond will be on the slide but they are a reasonable side that can beat anybody when they are on. They have the midfield that can match ours and they have a gun key forward who is in contention for AA. They also play the Telstra Dome very well and we have a tendancy to drop games that we should win.

Its just about impossible to pick Fremantle. They have a VERY good side despite their record and its the sort of side that can blow us out of the water even if it is at Footy Park.

Hawthorn are not a very average side. They are a reasonable young side that can beat anyone but can also lose to anyone. This year they have the tendancy win when they shouldn't.

For a side to go on a 7 game winning streak suggests that you have a seriously good side and in exceptional form which we clearly aren't.

We beat an average side in Essendon who are appauling outside of Victoria and have ********house record at AAMI stadium. They have a craphouse midfield compared to us so we always should have won that game and won it reasonably well.

I think people are getting carried away with the win last night. Sure it was exceptional win and we played some of the best footy BUT it doesn't change the fact that it was against some ordinary opposition.

We are a chance in each of those games but that doesn't mean we will win them. I am sure will will drop a game or 2 somewhere in the next 4 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiffy_18 said:
For starter we have never won more that 5 games in a row in our entire history and we really don't have the side that has the quality of going for 7 wins in a row.

Secondly, we have a fair few inexperienced players in our 22 at the moment and history will suggest that these sort of players are inconsistent.

Thirdly its a myth that we play well at Skilled Stadium. Sure we won 2 of the last 3 (we lost last year) but our overall record there is something like 3-8

Richmond will be on the slide but they are a reasonable side that can beat anybody when they are on. They have the midfield that can match ours and they have a gun key forward who is in contention for AA. They also play the Telstra Dome very well and we have a tendancy to drop games that we should win.

Its just about impossible to pick Fremantle. They have a VERY good side despite their record and its the sort of side that can blow us out of the water even if it is at Footy Park.

Hawthorn are not a very average side. They are a reasonable young side that can beat anyone but can also lose to anyone. This year they have the tendancy win when they shouldn't.

For a side to go on a 7 game winning streak suggests that you have a seriously good side and in exceptional form which we clearly aren't.

We beat an average side in Essendon who are appauling outside of Victoria and have ********house record at AAMI stadium. They have a craphouse midfield compared to us so we always should have won that game and won it reasonably well.

I think people are getting carried away with the win last night. Sure it was exceptional win and we played some of the best footy BUT it doesn't change the fact that it was against some ordinary opposition.

We are a chance in each of those games but that doesn't mean we will win them. I am sure will will drop a game or 2 somewhere in the next 4 weeks.

Fair assesment, but why cant we change history why not think outside of the square how about some positiveness towards the AFC's current form????

You can only play the opposition you are given, doesnt matter who they are or where you play them all games are winnable.

I dont want get ahead of myself, but some positiveness is needed by all AFC supporter's.

Maybe Im just over excited and too passionate for my own good
:eek:

Stiffy_18 said:
When in doubt always go with the home team.
I will be tipping Geelong. I think we are a chance to win but Geelong has its back to the wall and will respond sooner rather than later. They are too good a side to lose 3 in a row.

Yep, I've been using that philosphy and thanks to bloody Freo and Brisbane in particular my tipping is right up the creek this year. ;)

So stuff it, I'm tipping the Crows, even though I'm in doubt!! :p

maccas_no1 said:
Fair assesment, but why cant we change history why not think outside of the square how about some positiveness towards the AFC's current form????

You can only play the opposition you are given, doesnt matter who they are or where you play them all games are winnable.

I dont want get ahead of myself, but some positiveness is needed by all AFC supporter's.

Maybe Im just over excited and too passionate for my own good
:eek:
It being realistic Marty.

We are playing to our absolute best and for us to win we have to have 110% crack every week.

Its OK to think outside the square BUT if Craig goes on a 7 game winning streak this year he would be the King of the town. At our best we can win but we can't be at our best all the time. Its just physically impossible.

There is a difference between being a realist and a pessimist.

Stiffy_18 said:
Freo and Brisbane are the exceptions to the rule :p

Stiffy, for once I think you're so desperately wrong it's not funny.

In 2002 Geelong won 7 in a row mid-season and didn't even make the finals.

Winning 7 in a row just means you're on at the right time - it doesn't mean you have to be an exceptional side, that's a very foolish and short-sighted view that you don't regularly produce. The fact is, we're in better form than all of those 4 sides and while it probably won't happen, we should be going in with the mindset of expecting to win these 4.

We have our good players in form at the right time. We have rejigged our forward structure to make it more functional.

Geelong are down on confidence and their forward-line is hardly threatening to our defence. Granted they are at home, but Perrie has confidence against them and their defence is quite out of form, especially considering their lack of match-ups for the likes of Jericho and (if he plays) Schuback.

Richmond are our bitches, and have been for many years. Brown is a huge loss for them, and beyond Richardson their forward-line is not a great danger for us. Gaspar is in great form but otherwise their defence is not exactly in great form. Our midfield is superior to theirs and we match-up to them very well - remember, the actual side on the park is not that different from last year.

Fremantle is the danger game because they're so unpredictable, yes. But remember, the West sides don't play AAMI well. Fremantle do seem to be playing better away from home this year, and Pavlich is in sensational form, but again I think our defence can shade them - Farmer is a bigger concern, I think. Their defence is in shambles at the moment, Hadrill is missing and Polak is woefully out of form, while Parker is battling out of his weight division. Perfect time to load up our forward line with a screaming home ground - when the fans are on, AAMI is not a nice place for the opposition.

Well, Hawthorn... Do we have Johncock back? I'm not sure who will go with Williams, but remember this is a side that while competitive, has only won 3 games. Their over-reliance on Williams has hurt their forward potency and their midfield tends to get most of the ball in their back half, hence high possession counts but not necessarily a winning score. They are a team in much more redevelopment than we are, and we should not drop this one if we are serious about being a finals team - which Craig says we are.

Although I'm not saying we WILL win the next four, we really should. We are 7-4, Stiffy. We're not an exceptional team in a traditional way, but in the context of this year's competition, perhaps we are - remember, we could easily have won all four of those games we lost. That's pretty impressive, we have NEVER been out of a game, and there's something in that. We are working as a team and that is the most important thing.

I think you are lowering your expectations too far, Stiffy. We could win 7-in-a-row - we are in good enough form to control our own destiny. Have some faith.

just maybe said:
Stiffy, for once I think you're so desperately wrong it's not funny.

In 2002 Geelong won 7 in a row mid-season and didn't even make the finals.

Winning 7 in a row just means you're on at the right time - it doesn't mean you have to be an exceptional side, that's a very foolish and short-sighted view that you don't regularly produce. The fact is, we're in better form than all of those 4 sides and while it probably won't happen, we should be going in with the mindset of expecting to win these 4.

We have our good players in form at the right time. We have rejigged our forward structure to make it more functional.

Geelong are down on confidence and their forward-line is hardly threatening to our defence. Granted they are at home, but Perrie has confidence against them and their defence is quite out of form, especially considering their lack of match-ups for the likes of Jericho and (if he plays) Schuback.

Richmond are our bitches, and have been for many years. Brown is a huge loss for them, and beyond Richardson their forward-line is not a great danger for us. Gaspar is in great form but otherwise their defence is not exactly in great form. Our midfield is superior to theirs and we match-up to them very well - remember, the actual side on the park is not that different from last year.

Fremantle is the danger game because they're so unpredictable, yes. But remember, the West sides don't play AAMI well. Fremantle do seem to be playing better away from home this year, and Pavlich is in sensational form, but again I think our defence can shade them - Farmer is a bigger concern, I think. Their defence is in shambles at the moment, Hadrill is missing and Polak is woefully out of form, while Parker is battling out of his weight division. Perfect time to load up our forward line with a screaming home ground - when the fans are on, AAMI is not a nice place for the opposition.

Well, Hawthorn... Do we have Johncock back? I'm not sure who will go with Williams, but remember this is a side that while competitive, has only won 3 games. Their over-reliance on Williams has hurt their forward potency and their midfield tends to get most of the ball in their back half, hence high possession counts but not necessarily a winning score. They are a team in much more redevelopment than we are, and we should not drop this one if we are serious about being a finals team - which Craig says we are.

Although I'm not saying we WILL win the next four, we really should. We are 7-4, Stiffy. We're not an exceptional team in a traditional way, but in the context of this year's competition, perhaps we are - remember, we could easily have won all four of those games we lost. That's pretty impressive, we have NEVER been out of a game, and there's something in that. We are working as a team and that is the most important thing.

I think you are lowering your expectations too far, Stiffy. We could win 7-in-a-row - we are in good enough form to control our own destiny. Have some faith.

Good post and this is how I am thinking, I know stiffy wants to be realistic but also I feel my expecations are real aswell, as I said before if we are going to be any sort of threat in the finals then these are game's good side's win, all are very winable, the lads need to continue to be commited, not lapse as they did a little in the 2nd quarter last night, and keep attacking, as we proved last night get the ball in quick it works everytime ;)

Stiffy_18 said:
It being realistic Marty.

We are playing to our absolute best and for us to win we have to have 110% crack every week.

Its OK to think outside the square BUT if Craig goes on a 7 game winning streak this year he would be the King of the town. At our best we can win but we can't be at our best all the time. Its just physically impossible.

There is a difference between being a realist and a pessimist.

Im a pessimist I gather
:p

My tipping this year has been excellent.

In round 1 I tipped West Coast over Adelaide. West Coast won.

In round 2 I did not tip either team - and the Crows won.

I decided to stay with what worked in round 2 - and it has been a far better than expected year for the Crows so far - so I continue to stay with that policy.

Since round 1, I have tipped no teams.

So ... my tipping is 100% for the year.

Not bad, hey!

This week - I tip neither Geelong nor the Crows.

If this keeps up I could even end at 100% for the whole year! :D

As usual, Adelaide :) To be quite honest, I'm not sure that we'll win. It's just that everytime this year I've picked Adelaide they've won and everytime I haven't picked them I've lost!

I will not be surprised if we get a bit of a touch up.
Geelong have just had two bad losses. They are a quality side who will bounce back. Unfortunately for us, I fear it will be this week.
This is not necessarily a bad thing. I would like to see how we respond to a decent beating from a contender, particularly when we'll have to back it up against Richmond who are a fairly good side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will you be tipping Geelong or Adelaide???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back