Votes: 4 5.4%
  • No

Votes: 56 75.7%
  • I will boo the Bombers in general

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would you boo Ablett? I'm pretty sure if you were offered millions of dollars to move clubs, you would do it without hesitation. Besides, he helped us reach glory when he was at the cattery.

I'll probably get shot down for this but here goes...

He (Ablett) was one of 38 (although a special one) of players at a club doing as told by the coaches. It's not like he was the only one trying to get a flag.

At the end of the day, he chose 1.5m a year (or thereabouts) over 1m a year at the club that practically raised him, at a town synonymous with the 'Ablett' name, in front of generations of supporters.

Basically threw the fans, his name etc under the bus for some extra coin. Do you think Jono Brown, Bartel or even Selwood would have taken this offer (especially if these players' fathers were also legends)? I don't think so (in fact Selwood was offered something similar IIRC), these players have character and they play for the jumper, the club, the fans and for premierships. I don't think Ablett plays for these things and it speaks in volumes of his true character.

If the difference was say, 100k Vs 600k a year (same 500k difference), then I can fully appreciate a move as it is a much larger % and change in lifestyle. However, receiving $1m is not that much different, and when you consider it along with the intangible benefits of being a 1 club player (and other reasons above), I for one would have most certainly stayed.

His choice, I get that.. and everyone has their right to choose, but for mine, there are 2 types of players - those that play for the jumper and those that play for money. I respect players that play for the jumper. That's my opinion.

Please note that I don't hate Garry for his decision and I'm not trying to bash him, I'm just responding to your post with reasons why he is lest respected in my eyes.

Totally different to Chappy.

His choice, I get that.. and everyone has their right to choose, but for mine, there are 2 types of players - those that play for the jumper and those that play for money. I respect players that play for the jumper. That's my opinion.

Fair enough. Honestly I think these days the second group is far larger than the first.

Fair enough. Honestly I think these days the second group is far larger than the first.
i'm currently having trouble finding an article on it, but it was reported last year (on radio) that Selwood turned down an offer to play for GWS for around $1.5m a year, loyalty isn't completely dead.

Anyone who boos Chappy is a bloody idiot. His career was over at Geelong. What do you want him to do? Be unemployed? He found a new home for a season or two. This is FANTASTIC! The Bombers fans love him too, just like we do.

Deadset champion bloke and player. I hope he's the best player for Essendon (in a losing side of course).

Just get Kelly to stomp on his hand ;)
The stops on Kelly's boot went right through GAJ's hand. He winced, came off the ground, shook his hand and was back playing a minute later. GAJ is invincible!

Football players have short careers and I'm not big on the whole 'play for the love of the game jive'. They used that for decades to pay players peanuts; players who are now physical wrecks.

Yes show loyalty to your Club, I believe in this greatly. However, they are PROFESSIONALS and Ablett left for a multitude of reasons. He gave many years of excellent service to Geelong and is a hero of the Club. He's also now a hero of another Club. Befitting the greatest player to ever play the game.

I very much doubt the opinions of peons earning pennies matter one iota. If you feel like Ablett has disrespected you, you've misunderstood your place in the world. You should be on your knees kissing his feet.

Or as the son of God does he kiss our feet? I've forgotten my Bible studies...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't he say essendon supporters are the best
He feels more at home there than he has in his whole career

He drove a knife into a wound

Whilst he is an injector he should be receive a boo or two
Watch him try to take sj out

um... Enright was on him when he drifted forward... just saying
Two times i saw Duncan just stand there and watch Bennell waltz into an open goal..i'm not convinced the players are responding to the coach currently. Defensively Geelong have fallen away dramatically in the past 6 weeks, we all know they suffer travel sickness and the coach has his work cut out for himself, a few others might be joining Paul Chapman seeking new clubs in 2015!

Keep up the positive spirit Jack !
You never disappoint.

I understand people not wanting to boo him in general play. What about set shots at goal etc.

Cats by 5 points with only seconds left. Chappy marks 45m out directly infront. Siren goes.

Anyone want to boo with me?

Last edited:
I understand people not wanting to boo him in general play. What about set shots at goal etc.

Cats by 5 points with only seconds left. Chappy marks 45m out directly infront. Siren goes.

Anyone want to boo with me?

Why lower yourself. That goal's a monty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Will you boo Chapman this week?

Back