DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
Just saw we got over the Bendigo Bombers by 3 points, 15.15 to 14.18. Will be interesting to see how we went. Look forward to some post match comments on the Magpie boys. Apparently McAffer went ok in the Willi 2's. Second best for Willi.

match details

2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors
Williamstown 2.5 7.9 12.12 15.15 (105)
Bendigo Bombers 5.5 9.9 11.14 14.18 (102)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Rose 4 Nicholls 3 Picken 2 Limbach 2 Williams 2 Crawford Beaumont
Bendigo Bombers: Bradley 3 Cloke 2 Maddern 2 Hocking Plummer Houli Lee Jolley McKinnon Dick

BEST:
Williamstown: McKenzie Iles Davies Rose Nicholls Picken
Bendigo Bombers: Bradley Houli Rosa Lonergan Jolley Cole

Gday fellas...went to the game today, good entertainment..!!

Davies v Houli was a great battle...

whoever is number 9 for you blokes saved the game 3 times in the last 3 minutes...brilliant work. Sorry but cant post on your players as I dont know them well....!!

Good game...

Cheers

Bendigo flew out of the blocks. Even though there was never much in it, Bendigo played like a team who wanted the four points during the first-half, but Williamstown hit the front in the third quarter and were good enough to hold on.

Sam Iles: Good game - ran hard from the back-line, was effective by foot and hand.

Ben Davies: Benny did well. Took a fearless mark going back with the flight and came off second best. Pushed hard both ways.

Danny Stanley: Quiet. Had a chance to assert himself at the contest. Should really be throwing his weight around and putting the fear into the opposition.

Sharrod Wellingham: Quiet, but not disgraced. Will bounce back.

Daniel Nicholls: A good competitor, snuck forward and booted 3 goals, and used it well. I think everyone's perception of him has lowered since he made his debut for Collingwood, but he has fought back.

Ben Reid: Has a long way to go, didn't hold his marks under pressure throughout the final term, covered a fair bit of ground nonetheless.

Tyson Goldsack: Tyson was very good, IMO. I was most impressed with his second and third efforts.

Nathan Brown: Nathan threw his weight around, spoiled well, and seems to have some time to sum up the situation. Got dragged in the first term, but didn't drop his head. Well done, son.

Shane Wakelin: He knows he is on his final legs.

Martin Clarke: Martin was pretty good and used his body well in a contest. Has a spring in his step on the attack. I think he will make it.

Ryan Cook: Ryan tried hard across the half-forward line - not far off from selection.

What do you pie fans think of some of the young bombers in Houli, Lonergan, Hocking and Dick. Always love to hear wat other fans have to say. Anyone stand out?

What do you pie fans think of some of the young bombers in Houli, Lonergan, Hocking and Dick. Always love to hear wat other fans have to say. Anyone stand out?

Houli is a gun - when I did my mock draft last year I think I had him around 18. People would tell you he does not have the motor but he can acquire that. He was born with flair and skill and you cannot teach that. Will be dominating AFL in a few years.

Hocking - have not seen at VFL level yet but saw him a lot in the TAC. Very good player and hope to see him get a go.

Lonergan - seems to dominate TAC but not sure about AFL for him.

D*ck - I was hoping the Pies would have grabbed him. Much like Shannon Cox for us. Will be versatile / one touch player who has the X factor.

Bendigo flew out of the blocks. Even though there was never much in it, Bendigo played like a team who wanted the four points during the first-half, but Williamstown hit the front in the third quarter and were good enough to hold on.

Sam Iles: Good game - ran hard from the back-line, was effective by foot and hand.

Ben Davies: Benny did well. Took a fearless mark going back with the flight and came off second best. Pushed hard both ways.

Danny Stanley: Quiet. Had a chance to assert himself at the contest. Should really be throwing his weight around and putting the fear into the opposition.

Sharrod Wellingham: Quiet, but not disgraced. Will bounce back.

Daniel Nicholls: A good competitor, snuck forward and booted 3 goals, and used it well. I think everyone's perception of him has lowered since he made his debut for Collingwood, but he has fought back.

Ben Reid: Has a long way to go, didn't hold his marks under pressure throughout the final term, covered a fair bit of ground nonetheless.

Tyson Goldsack: Tyson was very good, IMO. I was most impressed with his second and third efforts.

Nathan Brown: Nathan threw his weight around, spoiled well, and seems to have some time to sum up the situation. Got dragged in the first term, but didn't drop his head. Well done, son.

Shane Wakelin: He knows he is on his final legs.

Martin Clarke: Martin was pretty good and used his body well in a contest. Has a spring in his step on the attack. I think he will make it.

Ryan Cook: Ryan tried hard across the half-forward line - not far off from selection.

Appreciate the update - read two other reports which had Wellingham as BOG in the first half and solid in the second. Brown as having had a 'barry', Reid playing very well, Iles BOG.

Very nice. I hope to be able to report on my buddy in the seniors soon.

I'm going to try and go to the game next week. Got a mate that plays dolphins so kill 2 birds with 1 stone, just need to get the day off work.

14. Wakelin. Wakelin was Wakelin. 7/10.

16. Brown. Very good at full back/CHB. Strong contested marks where he worked over his oponent and good at ground level. Very encouraging. Would probably be ahead of Wakelin in the pecking order based on that game. 6/10

19. Davies. Good solid game. Great in the clearences. Good running, the only thing that let him down was disposal. 7/10

20. Reid. He was ok. When he had the ball looks very likely. Has alot of tools, he is fantastic at giving a handball away in traffic, times his leaps well, likes to move the ball on quickly. He just needs to work on decision making a bit as well as timing his leads. 5/10

21. Richards. A so/so game. His oponent, 44 McKinnon is a spud. 5/10

28. Stanley. Hardly spotted. Went hard at it, but probably not enough. 4/10. I am leniant though as he may have got alot of in and under ball I may not have noticed at the other side of the ground.

29. Cook. Was really impressed with him. Is pretty composed, a good mark overhead and got a fair bit of it and ran a long way. Good 4 quarter game. 8/10

37. Iles. I thought his game was average. Gave us run, but wasn't that damaging. 6/10.

38. Goldsack. Ok. Played very well on Bradley early and I thought the game was changed when Bradley moved deeper and we put Meyer on him. 5/10

41. Wellingham. Good in first half, created alot across HFF/wings. Quiet in second half 5/10.

43. Clarke. Probably kept his oponent quiet, not many mistakes, some telling possesions and good disposal. Probably didn't have enough influence. 5/10.

44. Nicholls. BOG for mine. Good disposal, I counted 4 goals from him but it could of been 3. Kicked goal of the day. 8/10

Im glad to hear that brown played well, some people were worried about him.

Yeah one guy who hasn't been seen here for a while for undisclosed reason. He thought he would struggle based on the fact he was a big kid in TAC cup. He was hardly monstering his oponents in the TAC Cup and is pretty smart, agile and quick when it hits the ground.

'44. Nicholls. BOG for mine. Good disposal, I counted 4 goals from him but it could of been 3. Kicked goal of the day. 8/10'

I like it :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Willi Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back