2nds Williamstown vs Box Hill- ABC TV (Box Hill City Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
As we enter the final round of the VFL season, Williamstown travels to Box Hill to take on the fifth placed Box Hill Hawks. Box Hill have had an up and down season; They are 11-6 and have dropped matches to Collingwood, Williamstown, Port Melbourne, Casey and North Ballarat.

At this stage, it looks like Williamstown will line up against Port Melbourne. This is of course unless Williamstown loses and North Ballarat wins. If that happens then Williamstown will line up against Casey Scorpions.

Williamstown Seniors

B
Addison Faulks Howard

HB
Lockwood Markovic Everitt

C
Callan Bre. Johnson Davies

HF
Rose Hill Hooper

F
Sing* Little Roughead
R
Minson Grossman Jolley
Int
Carr Mulligan Rampe
Stack Cartelli Panos

German Tutt McHarg

My Random Thoughts

The Willi Midfield Brigade- Between Jolley, Davies and Brett Johnson, Williamstown has probably the best midfield in the VFL. All three players are not afraid of the contest and Brett Johnson is one of those true leaders. It's doubtful that any of them would play in an AFL side but they are still some great players.

Andrejs Everitt- What does he have to do to stay in the senior side? He was far from our worst on ground last week and would be very useful lining up against Sydney.

The Spread of Goalkickers- Even if Matt Little is leading the Frosty Miller medal by a mile, it's interesting to note that there is a fair spread of goal kickers across the board.

Panos: 19 goals from 9 VFL senior games as well as 35 from 8 reserves games
Rose: 39 goals from 17 games
Liam Jones: 23 goals from 14 games
Andrew Hooper: 31 goals from 17 games
Everitt: 11 goals from 7 games

And then there are plenty of guys who have kicked 10 or less. Fairly balanced if you ask me.

Something else that's interesting- Since I touched on goals kicked, I'll also bring up the number of times when some of our guys have been listed IN the best.

Tim Callan- 5 times
Patrick Rose- 5 Times
Will Minson- 4 times
Markovic- 4 times
Wood- 3 times
Everitt- 3 times
Addison- 3 times
Jones- 3 times
Hooper- 3 times
Stack- 2 times
J. Daniels- 2 times

Roughead- 2 times
Tiller- 2 times
Boumann- 2 times
Grant- 1 time
Ward- 1 time
Hahn- 1
He who will not be named- 1 time
Moles- 1
Reid- 1
Eagleton- 1
Panos- 1

And we are done. Lets get the triple on Saturday; A Doggies win, a Seagulls win and a Gillard win.

Once again nice report there.

Would be a good exercise to know how many games players need to qualify for the finals and who would qualify. I know if the dogs are still alive then anyone can play and then it's just down to the restriction of I think 14 AFL listed players in any one game?

I am looking forward to the game on Saturday. I'm also looking forward to getting to a final or 2 and hoping that Willi can make the grand final this year. I really enjoy watching them play.

A quick heads up that there will also be a Radio and Internet Stream of the game, live from 12pm (1.10pm is first bounce).

Radio: 94.1 FM - in Melbourne's Inner East

Internet Stream at: http://www.3wbc.org.au OR if that is full...
Back Up Stream: http://www.techtalkradio.com.au/ttr3stream.asx

Of course it's live on ABC 1 TV and replayed on ABC iView on the net during the week.

OK, found the article (CLICKY). Players needed to play 7 or more should we be knocked out of the AFL finals (no limit if we're still in both comps), and we can only field 12 AFL listees at one time, although unlike some clubs it's not such a problem at Willi.

BULLDOG LISTED ELIGIBLE PLAYERS: Addison, Callan, Daniels, Everitt, Hill, Hooper, Mulligan, Panos, Rose, Roughead, Tiller, Wood (Minson qualifies this weekend, Eagleton has only played 6 and won't be eligible when we are out of the AFL finals)

OTHER CLUBS (for the benefit of who we may face in later games)

BENDIGO (Essendon): Atkinson, Bellchambers, Bock, Carlisle, Crameri, Hardingham, Houli, Marigliani, Myers, Neagle, Quinn, T.Slattery, Still, Williams

BOX HILL (Hawthorn): Breust, Dowler, Kayler-Thompson, Lisle, Martin, Morton, Moss, Muston, Savage, Shoenmakers, Shiels, Stokes, Suckling, Tuck, Williams

CASEY (Melbourne): Bell, Cheney, Fitzpatrick, Hughes, P.Johnson, Maric, McNamara, Miller, Newton, Strauss, Wonaemirri

COLLINGWOOD (Still subject to 12/10?): Anthony, Barham, Blair, Blight, N.Brown, Buckley, Carter, Cook, Francis, Fraser, Goldsack, Keefe, Lockyer, McCarthy, McNamara, Medhurst, O'Bree, Reed, Rounds, Rusling, Wood

NORTH BALLARAT (North Melb.): Benjamin, Hale, Harding, Corey Jones, Josh Smith, White (Urquhart qualifies this weekend if he plays)

BULLANTS (Carlton): Anderson, Austin, Browne, Cachia, Casboult, Dare, Davies, Ellard, Fisher, Grigg, Hadley, Jacobs, C.Johnson, Thornton, Tuohy, Warnock, Wiggins

Port Melbourne are standalone and will have no AFL listees.

OK, found the article (CLICKY). Players needed to play 7 or more should we be knocked out of the AFL finals (no limit if we're still in both comps), and we can only field 12 AFL listees at one time, although unlike some clubs it's not such a problem at Willi.

BULLDOG LISTED ELIGIBLE PLAYERS: Addison, Callan, Daniels, Everitt, Hill, Hooper, Mulligan, Panos, Rose, Roughead, Tiller, Wood (Minson qualifies this weekend, Eagleton has only played 6 and won't be eligible when we are out of the AFL finals)

OTHER CLUBS (for the benefit of who we may face in later games)

BENDIGO (Essendon): Atkinson, Bellchambers, Bock, Carlisle, Crameri, Hardingham, Houli, Marigliani, Myers, Neagle, Quinn, T.Slattery, Still, Williams

BOX HILL (Hawthorn): Breust, Dowler, Kayler-Thompson, Lisle, Martin, Morton, Moss, Muston, Savage, Shoenmakers, Shiels, Stokes, Suckling, Tuck, Williams

CASEY (Melbourne): Bell, Cheney, Fitzpatrick, Hughes, P.Johnson, Maric, McNamara, Miller, Newton, Strauss, Wonaemirri

COLLINGWOOD (Still subject to 12/10?): Anthony, Barham, Blair, Blight, N.Brown, Buckley, Carter, Cook, Francis, Fraser, Goldsack, Keefe, Lockyer, McCarthy, McNamara, Medhurst, O'Bree, Reed, Rounds, Rusling, Wood

NORTH BALLARAT (North Melb.): Benjamin, Hale, Harding, Corey Jones, Josh Smith, White (Urquhart qualifies this weekend if he plays)

BULLANTS (Carlton): Anderson, Austin, Browne, Cachia, Casboult, Dare, Davies, Ellard, Fisher, Grigg, Hadley, Jacobs, C.Johnson, Thornton, Tuohy, Warnock, Wiggins

Port Melbourne are standalone and will have no AFL listees.

You forgot Markovic and Boumann!! What about Stack?

Reserves have had a fantastic win here at Box Hill. Kicking 10 goals to 2 after quarter time to win by 5 goals to sew up top spot.

Just released on Willy twitter.

Good mark in the forward 50 by Everitt.
Show em what ur made of!
Minson started ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to watch Minson and Roughead.
See who wants the 2nd ruck spot for the doggies.
Roughead going well!

Sorry for the naff question...
In regards to Rose, we can use say pick 80 to upgrade him can't we?
Don't need to use a valuable pick?
Conditions may be shite, but replacement for Johnson next year in the 22 imo.

Roughy, Minno and Everitt have all played well so far. Stack has been quiet but Hill has presented well, chased and tackled like he's playing for his life.

Box Hill Hawks 2.1 4.2 . .
Williamstown 6.2 11.2 . .

Goal Scorers:

Little- 3
Everitt- 2
Hill- 1
Rose- 1
Lockwood- 1
Roughead- 1
Rampe- 1
Hooper- 1

-RESERVES-

Box Hill Hawks 5.2 6.2 7.6 7.6 (48)
Williamstown 1.4 3.5 7.7 11.11 (77)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: Dowler 3 Hoegel 2 Renton 2
Williamstown: Panos 3 Lawson Carr McCallum Daniels Dimartino Prato Tanner Cravino

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Van Unen Mirra Tobin George Orr Smithwick
Williamstown: Fogarty Cartelli Cravino Muir Wilson Smith

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Box Hill Hawks: Nil
Williamstown: Nil

Box Hill Hawks 2.1 4.2 5.3 .
Williamstown 6.2 11.2 17.4 .

Hill has been a different player today. Stack was quiet for the first half but had a good third quarter.

Any one of Minson, Roughead and Everitt could be amongst the best on ground.

And do my eyes deceive me? Dylan Addison appears to have gotten the hard tag out there basedon how many frees he's getting from the bounces.

Box Hill Hawks 2.1 4.2 5.3 7.6 (48)
Williamstown 6.2 11.2 17.4 22.10 (142)

Minson was picked as B.O.G by the Grandstand blokes. Addison was a workhorse in the middle while Roughead and Everitt were both great.
As a matter of fact, our three rucks were in the best for Williamstown while the other three were Johnson, Lockwood and Jolley.

Markovic just ran free across the backline and picked off most inside 50's while the Box Hill didn't get a mark inside 50 until 4 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

Everitt, Stack and Rose all kicked 3 each while Hill kicked 2.

And now as celebration of another dominant win....

Here's dancing Batista.

fleatista.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Williamstown vs Box Hill- ABC TV (Box Hill City Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back